• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Well regardless of who konex picked I was taking a #34. Sorry, Thurman was the only rb left on the original list that I wanted.

I know, it's all good, just depressed at my shitty pick #. :/

Can I ask this again - how the f*ck is Bo a silver?!?!?

Also, I'm still a little confused on the rules of drafting players who are and aren't in the game...

Enron

Banned
dammitmattt said:

That list is made up by someone over on the 2k forums...I suggest whoever drafts Bo (matt) go ahead and make him a gold. Same with Tony Dorsett.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
dammitmattt said:

Also, I'm still a little confused on the rules of drafting players who are and aren't in the game...

I agree with the fact that he should be a gold. However we'll let FMT make the final decision. The way it works as far as drafting the players that aren't in the game is we just simply name that person. Example:

Dammitmatt - Bo Jackson

At this point you would go in game, create him WITH the stats listed in the quoted text from FMT also spec him to what you think his weight and height is within a reasonable range i.e. he wasn't 5 foot 3 and he wasn't 6 foot 11.

From here you're done :) This is how FMT explained it is as simple as it sounds :)

I'm not sure how long I'm going to around today, so I'll go ahead and make Bo my pick since Lonestar is not allowed to take an Auburn guy (as long as FMT gives Bo the go ahead to be a gold). If not, I'll take whatever Gold RB is left.

Enron

Banned
I made a list of guys that I think ought to be higher than they are on that list....submitted for your approval:

The following players need to be Gold:

Bo Jackson (RB) Silver (Power, Speed Burner)
John Riggins (RB) Silver or Gold (finesse and power, workhorse)
Tony Dorsett (RB) Silver (Speed Burner, Cutback Ability)

Tim Brown (WR) Silver (route god, tough over middle)
Sterling Sharpe (WR) Silver (Strength Bonus, Soft Hands)

Ozzie Newsome (TE) Gold or Silver (route god, soft hands, leadership)

Mel Blount (CB) Silver(bump master, coverage bonus)

1. sterling sharpe is not a gold wr
2. i agree with the rest of your ratings! simply add one more talent for each player and they're gold!

i didn't even realize they had bo as a silver, which is why earlier i said "we'll have X amount of golds, including bo jackson and lawrence taylor"

vumpler

Bons worked until 3am last night valet parking :lol so if his pick comes up lets give him until 4 central time to pick. I told him his pick would be up this morning so he should be on looking whenever he wakes his weak ass up.

UPDATED DRAFT LIST:

1. AkaBalla - Walter Payton
2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
3. Coldblooded - Barry Sanders
4. vumpler - earl campbell
5. birdbomb - emmitt smith
6. zep - Cool Joe Montana
7. bluemax - Marcus Allen
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
10 Rors - Orenthal James Simpson
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
12 andokuky - Dick Butkus
13 Cerebral Palsy - John Elway
14 malleymal - Roger Staubach
15 maverick - Jack Lambert
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
17 gcquinton - Mike Singletary
18 ramirez - Reggie White
19 Conex - Troy Aikman
20 sableholic - Thurman Thomas
21 mrbob - Johnny Unitas
22 shawnhann - Otto Graham
23 speculawyer - Raymond Berry
24 livewire - John Riggins
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

LONESTAR, you're next!

vumpler

Also can someone please post the link to the 2k forums where they listed all the players in the game and their stats? I have the sportsgamer.com site but I am interested in seeing them all laid out in the text list. I had it at one point and even posted it I believe, but I can't seem to find it now.

Enron

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. sterling sharpe is not a gold wr
2. i agree with the rest of your ratings! simply add one more talent for each player and they're gold!

i didn't even realize they had bo as a silver, which is why earlier i said "we'll have X amount of golds, including bo jackson and lawrence taylor"

I strongly disagree with Sterling Sharpe not being a Gold WR. Here's my case:

Career per-16 game averages: 85 receptions 1162 yards 10 tds

Played only 7 seasons

Seasons among the NFL's top 10

Receptions: 1989-1, 1992-1, 1993-1, 1994-5
Receiving yards: 1989-2, 1990-5, 1992-1, 1993-3
Receiving TDs: 1989-2, 1992-1, 1993-3, 1994-1
Yards from scrimmage: 1989-10, 1992-7
Rush/Receive TDs: 1989-7t, 1992-4, 1993-4t, 1994-2
5-time probowler

Dude led the league in receptions 3 times, finished top 5 in yards 4 times, Led the NFL in recieving TDs twice...5 time pro bowler, and did all of this in only 7 seasons.

During the early 90s, conversations about Wide Recievers began and ended with Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and Sterling Sharpe.

SickBoy

I thought the intent was to wait for a position to be "done" before selecting created players (I'm looking at you, John Riggins).

EDIT: Speaking of Riggins, I know he's a HOFer, but I don't know if I would classify him among the gold-tier backs...

Enron

Banned
SickBoy said:
I thought the intent was to wait for a position to be "done" before selecting created players (I'm looking at you, John Riggins).

If we did that, that wouldn't be fair to those picking silver or bronze players. Say you draft a silver running back in round 2, and then all of a sudden in round 6 we run out of running backs. Then all of a sudden, Gold Runningbacks are available again.

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
problem is he played with brett favre, and as such he is diseased.
bowrofl.gif

SickBoy

Enron said:
If we did that, that wouldn't be fair to those picking silver players. Say you draft a silver running back in round 2, and then all of a sudden in round 6 we run out of running backs. Then all of a sudden, Gold Runningbacks are available again.

No, what I mean is that I thought we were supposed to exhaust the supply of RBs for a specific tier before delving into the created players.

We've still got at least Paul Hornung, and Leroy Kelly remaining at RB....

guys i originally wanted all players in gold/silver/bronze to be exhausted first. but the more i thought of it the more it just didn't make sense. first off, the legends in the game have more abilities and better stats than those you can create, so there is incentive to pick them first. but if someone really wants a QB/RB/etc then im not going to say "no absolutely not!" i can only suggest that you pick one of the regular legends because they will be superior.

hope that makes sense!

BirdBomb

Banned
terrell davis as gold is unstoppable in this game! just played a game online using the stats from this board and sweet jesus!

terrell davis: 19 carries, 290 yards, 4TD's, 4 catches, 130yds, 3TD's

bastard could not be tackled or caught up with.

Enron

Banned
BirdBomb said:
terrell davis as gold is unstoppable in this game! just played a game online using the stats from this board and sweet jesus!

terrell davis: 19 carries, 290 yards, 4TD's, 4 catches, 130yds, 3TD's

bastard could not be tackled or caught up with.

Im sure a lot of that had to do with 1. Your abilities as a player, 2. the OL you were playing with and 3. The defense you were playing against. I doubt those listed abilities would have made him any more unstoppable than say, Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Wait, Bo can be a Gold? If that's the case then I would have picked him! WTF?
You're telling me. I own a mother****ing Bo jersey for ****'s sake! I'm gonna have OJ pay you guys a visit.

BirdBomb

Banned
does anyone know how to get the settings you save online to actually work when you challenge someone? i have them set to legend difficulty, no auto strafe, multiple hot routes, fast gameplay, no accel clock and yet any time i try to challenge someone in a custom lobby it says my frames or something is incompatible and my only option is to "play a friend" and it always uses shit default settings.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
UPDATED DRAFT LIST:

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
19 Conex - Troy Aikman
21 mrbob - Johnny Unitas
25 lonestar* - Joe Namath
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

PS: How does the netcode work, way better than NCAA, right?

bo-beckett.jpg

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
19 Conex - Troy Aikman
21 mrbob - Johnny Unitas
26 dammitmatt - Bo Jackson
27 FMT - Steve Young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

ChrisJames, you're up!!!

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
19 Conex - Troy Aikman
21 mrbob - Johnny Unitas
27 FMT - Steve Young
28 chrisjames - Mike Di'ka
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

unomas

Banned
Hunter D said:
Derrick Thomas

I'm in bitches!!! *does the running man!*

Damn, I missed it by a hair! Congrats hunter, and my man Dickerson is still on the board! Ugghhhhhhhhhhh

One small list complaint though, Terrel Davis is a gold RB and Sterling Sharpe isn't rated Gold as a WR? He's a silver, but he deserves gold if not for a career cut short by injury.

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
19 Conex - Troy Aikman
21 mrbob - Johnny Unitas
27 FMT - Steve Young
29 hunterD - Derrick Thomas
30 bonsevan - Jim Brown
31. enron
32. sickboy

Hunter D

unomas said:
Damn, I missed it by a hair! Congrats hunter, and my man Dickerson is still on the board! Ugghhhhhhhhhhh

One small list complaint though, Terrel Davis is a gold RB and Sterling Sharpe isn't rated Gold as a WR? He's a silver, but he deserves gold if not for a career cut short by injury.
Sharpe probably lost a star because of his brother. It's the only reason that is sound to me.

unomas

Banned
Hunter D said:
Sharpe probably lost a star because of his brother. It's the only reason that is sound to me.

Yeah, I'm a little confused on that one but he had 8,000 yards in just seven seasons and over a hundred catches multiple times. I think he deserves an upgrade for create a player to gold. Make it happen FMT! :D

For anyone creating players I found a website where you can type in a last name and get height, weight, DOB, college attended, and stats for NFL players. I'm using it for my create a players.

http://www.databasefootball.com/

Enron

Banned
Eric Dickerson, mine!

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
19 Conex - Troy Aikman
21 mrbob - Johnny Unitas
27 FMT - Steve Young
29 hunterD - Derrick Thomas
30 bonsevan - Jim Brown
31. enron - Eric Dickerson
32. sickboy

Sickboy is On the Clock!

Enron

Banned
unomas said:
Yeah, I'm a little confused on that one but he had 8,000 yards in just seven seasons and over a hundred catches multiple times. I think he deserves an upgrade for create a player to gold. Make it happen FMT! :D

For anyone creating players I found a website where you can type in a last name and get height, weight, DOB, college attended, and stats for NFL players. I'm using it for my create a players.

http://www.databasefootball.com/

Several posts up on this page I detailed a pretty good case for mr. Sharpe. Do it!

unomas

Banned
Enron said:
Several posts up on this page I detailed a pretty good case for mr. Sharpe. Do it!

I've got one more former Packer who is debatable. Terrel Buckley, 50 int's in 14 seasons while Darrel Green had 53 int's in 20 seasons and is rated gold. Tbuck could be another create a player added to the list for CB's. Probably a silver, but maybe a gold because of his speed and punt returning ability.

I hope you represent Edick well this season Enron! He would have been my #1 pick.

Enron

Banned
unomas said:
I've got one more former Packer who is debatable. Terrel Buckley, 50 int's in 14 seasons while Darrel Green had 53 int's in 20 seasons and is rated gold. Tbuck could be another create a player added to the list for CB's. Probably a silver, but maybe a gold because of his speed and punt returning ability.

I hope you represent Edick well this season Enron! He would have been my #1 pick.

Growing up, I never really liked EDick that much, but out of the gold runningbacks left, I like his set of abilities the most.

Hunter D

Enron said:
Growing up, I never really liked EDick that much, but out of the gold runningbacks left, I like his set of abilities the most.
He would have been the greatest back to ever play the game if he wasn't a pussy.

Top Bottom