• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

neoemonk

I was already mostly sold on this, but when I read in the OP that it had local co-op, the deal was sealed. Now I'm actually eagerly anticipating the game.

Fuck the leakers, all this hard work to have some loser ruin your big surprise moment. Noone gains from a leak, if a game is happening it will be announced at some point.
Mario + Rabbids leaks did more good than harm though. Imagine all the bitching and crying about the Rabbids franchise at E3.

The leaks got that part out of the way, so at E3 we got to focus on how the game looks and plays awesomely.

At the end, talent always finds a way.

Shaldome

2017-08-02_13h09_36xdp9m.png

I think I am going to like this game.

I LOVE that combat gameplay trailer with the opera. Everything about this game is looking so damn good.

Oh and:

OT: Mushrooms won't end the pain

:p

deleted

Didn't watch the trailer, but I'm very hyped for the game regardless.

First unproven game I preordered in ages!

godofrawr

Banned
It's depressing how low this title continues to sink.

Also depressing that their self-described month to "win over gamers" is so blatantly transparent and yet people are still falling for it.

I hope y'all are as cheery when Metroid + Mighty Number 9: SR388 Showdown and Kirby + Minions: Dream Land League get announced because that's what you're enabling by giving this garbage the time of day.

This is a dumb post.

Sorry the Rabbids aren't angst-y/edgy enough for you. Maybe you should consider not buying the game, and STFU about it?

No? Didn't think so.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well shit, count me hooked.

Also didn't this game reveal the dark secret of Rare involving pulling Miyamoto's pants?

Also depressing that their self-described month to "win over gamers" is so blatantly transparent and yet people are still falling for it.

I hope y'all are as cheery when Metroid + Mighty Number 9: SR388 Showdown and Kirby + Minions: Dream Land League get announced because that's what you're enabling by giving this garbage the time of day.
You can just not buy it fam....I really don't see any reason for anyone to be pressed about this game existing. It's not like the rest of the Mario series is taking cues from Rabbids from here on out.

Also if Metroid + Mighty Number 9: SR388 Showdown and Kirby + Minions: Dream Land League looked this good I'd buy those too.

This looks incredible. Any word on if the enemies are all Rabbids, or are there classic Mario enemies sprinkled throughout as well (goombas, koopas, etc)?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
At this point my biggest problem with the game is: if you're going to make something so cool, so seemingly polished, something you clearly care about, whyyyyyyyy would you give it a name as stupid as Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Whyyyyyyy

watershed

Banned
The strategy looks good. It looks like some battles take over half an hour. It's kind of reminding me of Fire Emblem in terms of having to think through every single move and combo.

kami_sama

Someone grumpy needs a little love!

Jakoo

I am so excited for this game, and these previews just cement it. The combination of tight gameplay and unbelievable charm makes this such an unexpected killer app for the Switch this year.

I really hope Ubisoft maintains this team as almost a 2nd party dev shop for Nintendo. Given how amazingly expressive they have handled both the Rabbids and Nintendo in this game, I would like to see them work on a Telltale-style episodic game using a Nintendo IP.

Luigiv

What's the game run at anyway, 1080p30fps?

Framerate is definitely a 30fps target (that is to say, it's clearly not any higher). To my eyes it looks like its meeting that target most of the time with the occasional dip here and there. That said my eyes aren't the most sensitive and I don't always pick up on small drops, so take my hot take with a grain of salt.

As for resolution, much harder to say. Can't really pixel count a youtube video. That said, I did notice that clarity varied in parts. That could either be an artefact of the video compression or could be a sign of dynamic resolution scaling. Hard to say when the only screens we have are Ubishots.

Hopefully DF was able to attend the preview event and we'll get an analysis coming soon. Otherwise retail release isn't too far away, so we'll find out soon enough.

BTA

The month to "win over gamers" didn't mean they were going to deceive people or anything; it meant they were going to advertise and sell people on the game during that month. If the game is actually good (as it appears to be), that's literally no different than any other game being advertised. Rather, internal talk about marketing is always going to seem like that out of context.

Like, I went into E3 dreading this and now I'm excited. You don't have to like it but this is a bit much.

A nonsensical crossover with one of the most prestigious and important gaming franchises of all time, and a creatively bankrupt franchise of proto-minions that'd been thankfully dead for years before now. They're sloppily cobbled together in a genre that makes 0 sense for either of the two properties involved. On top of that the company in charge clearly has little understanding of the valuable source material they've been handed the key to, made painfully obvious by those leaked slides from back before E3. Throw in some meme garbage, dabbing and selfies, and you've got this trashpile of a game.

2Yni481.jpg

Seriously... cheer up. You might actually enjoy stuff you know.

Neiteio

I keep popping into this thread to hit Reply, but then I realize all I've written is "BWAH," and I think to myself, "No, no, Neiteio, this doesn't contribute to the conversation," and so I delete.

Rosur2a

Welp this game as got my to order a switch (amazon uk doesn't have stock till this games out so works out for me)

mStudios

When the game leaked I was one of those who said the game looked bad. But now, I'm hyped as fuck and I'm getting it on release day :D

Anbec7

I'm really planning on getting it... even if I don't have the damn Switch yet lol.

Something that I have seen is that the music seems to be amazing!

KodaRuss

I love all the references they are putting into this. I feel like I am going to look like a smiling idiot while I play this game.

The God

A nonsensical crossover with one of the most prestigious and important gaming franchises of all time, and a creatively bankrupt franchise of proto-minions that'd been thankfully dead for years before now. They're sloppily cobbled together in a genre that makes 0 sense for either of the two properties involved. On top of that the company in charge clearly has little understanding of the valuable source material they've been handed the key to, made painfully obvious by those leaked slides from back before E3. Throw in some meme garbage, dabbing and selfies, and you've got this trashpile of a game.

There's dabbing in this game?

Zedark

297.png

AColdDay

I was mostly against this game when it was announced (I don't like Mario wielding a gun and the Rabbids tie-in seemed lame).

However, I love SRPGs and its been a long time that one has been released on a handheld that isn't:

1. Anime pandering embarrassment
2. Too caught up on the difficulty element of SRPGs. SRPGs exist outside of X-Com!

Fine, Ubisoft I'm ready for this. "Convince gamers" indeed. Now let this be a big success and convince Sega to make a new Shining Force on Switch.

Top Bottom