• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Won't somebody please think of the artistic integrity of Mario.

Heck, if he has to be in a game with Sonic, the Rabbids are actually a step up.

Holy crap just looked it up. Lowest Metacritic score for a Rabbids game is 52 while 32 is Sonic's lowest. Game legit vindicated.

_Clash_

This game is most likely going to be boss

Single joycon co op is like my favourite Switch feature, but I haven't used it much yet

This game is most likely going to be boss

Single joycon co op is like my favourite Switch feature, but I haven't used it much yet
Had a blast playing Snipperclips, Metal Slug, Mario Kart, and Bomberman this way with the fam. It's like frickin magic. Can't wait to try this game's implementation.

Edit: The fuck is going on in the last page lol

Alrus

I've hated this game concept even back when it was just a rumor. Seeing it less than a month from release is sickening.

The game itself looks solidly made (even if it's in a nonsensical genre choice for the two franchises and one I have 0 interest in), and the visuals are solid, all of that jazz. The basic premise of the game is what I'm talking about when I say it's sloppy. A Rayman and Mario crossover would've fit like a glove. Mario and a bunch of Rabbid parodies of Mario characters is like trying to shove your foot in the glove instead.

It's not that serious. Get some perspective in life, you'll be happier for it.

Roo

They're sloppily cobbled together in a genre that makes 0 sense for either of the two properties involved.

Because everyone knew a 2D/3D platformer mascot ALWAYS made sense in the kart racing, party/board, sports, fighting, adventure, open world, and at some point even shooter genres, right?

gtfo with that nonsense...

Harpoon

That Rolling Stone article in the OP has a pretty big hint that this game could be getting DLC down the road, and it also confirms 18 maps in co-op mode. This was also pretty great:

"I knew that Nintendo characters cannot speak and that Rabbids cannot speak," Soliani says. "But no one told me they couldn't sing. I waited 20 years to make that boss."

sleepnaught

That Rolling Stone article in the OP has a pretty big hint that this game could be getting DLC down the road, and it also confirms 18 maps in co-op mode. This was also pretty great:

18 maps sounds great. Especially considering how large Spooky Trails looks

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A nonsensical crossover with one of the most prestigious and important gaming franchises of all time, and a creatively bankrupt franchise of proto-minions that'd been thankfully dead for years before now. They're sloppily cobbled together in a genre that makes 0 sense for either of the two properties involved. On top of that the company in charge clearly has little understanding of the valuable source material they've been handed the key to, made painfully obvious by those leaked slides from back before E3. Throw in some meme garbage, dabbing and selfies, and you've got this trashpile of a game.

yeah true but it's fun to play so *shrug*

LotusHD

Banned
A nonsensical crossover with one of the most prestigious and important gaming franchises of all time, and a creatively bankrupt franchise of proto-minions that'd been thankfully dead for years before now. They're sloppily cobbled together in a genre that makes 0 sense for either of the two properties involved. On top of that the company in charge clearly has little understanding of the valuable source material they've been handed the key to, made painfully obvious by those leaked slides from back before E3. Throw in some meme garbage, dabbing and selfies, and you've got this trashpile of a game.

LOL

jdstorm

Banned
Yep, i hope its sells shitloads to encourage more Nintendo AAA western partnerships.

I think it will do really well and the team at UBI Milan deserve the success. However i'm fearful that most 3rd parties will learn the wrong lesson (That you need Mario to succeed on a Nintendo platform) which isnt true.

Still hopefully some will learn the right lesson that people will buy good origional PG friendly games with vibrant colour palates.

Anth0ny

The funny thing is there's no lies here

YET SOMEHOW THIS GAME LOOKS OK IF NOT GOOD

Merc_

lmao it's not that serious yo.

All According to Keikaku
37kuw8.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
That's uh....certainly something...I think you care a little TOO much about mario's status as a prestigious game series. o_O

Oh man I am LOVING this (but then I'm in that minority that's always dug the Rabbids) I only hope we get some more characters like Daisy, Rosalina, or Waluigi.

It's depressing how low this title continues to sink.

Also depressing that their self-described month to "win over gamers" is so blatantly transparent and yet people are still falling for it.

I hope y'all are as cheery when Metroid + Mighty Number 9: SR388 Showdown and Kirby + Minions: Dream Land League get announced because that's what you're enabling by giving this garbage the time of day.

I've hated this game concept even back when it was just a rumor. Seeing it less than a month from release is sickening.

The game itself looks solidly made (even if it's in a nonsensical genre choice for the two franchises and one I have 0 interest in), and the visuals are solid, all of that jazz. The basic premise of the game is what I'm talking about when I say it's sloppy. A Rayman and Mario crossover would've fit like a glove. Mario and a bunch of Rabbid parodies of Mario characters is like trying to shove your foot in the glove instead.

XJiUX5Z.gif

I find your arrogance on the subject more disgusting than your opinion of this game you haven't played.

You just described my literal nightmare scenario lol. I hope to god those screaming little abominations don't ever touch Smash.

While not on the top of my list of 3rd party characters for Smash I would relish in the salt. Best 3rd Party "troll" character for sure.

Also depressing that their self-described month to "win over gamers" is so blatantly transparent and yet people are still falling for it.

I hope y'all are as cheery when Metroid + Mighty Number 9: SR388 Showdown and Kirby + Minions: Dream Land League get announced because that's what you're enabling by giving this garbage the time of day.

Delete your account.

El Odio

Banned

This is my favorite part out of all these posts.
"It's so obvious they're trying to market their game like every other dev! Why are you people accepting this?!"

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't think I was ever negative about the game during the leaks, I think it was just Peach Rabbid I disliked, but now I'm positively excited to day one this game. Love XCOM, it looks beautiful and the impressions from late game levels sound on point. Boy I hope those lovely visuals are native res.

Mario appears in more bad games than good ones, so if you are trying to defend his "honor", that ship has sailed long ago.

"Those developers are trying to make people like their game by showing off their game. How are people falling for this blatant attempt to show people that the game is fun?"

Opinions and all, but dude...

Neiteio

I wonder how big the game download will be. The cutscenes appear to be prerendered, so I suspect this will be a fairly beefy download.

Wonder if I have enough room left for downloading this game, as well as Sonic Mania, Pokken DX, Mario Odyssey, Rocket League, Stardew Valley, Revelations 1 and Revelations 2.

(Not yet completely sold on Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, although the latter is likely. And I might get Skyrim.)

iFYeSMi.gif

Come on man. I hate the rabbids but I'm still willing to give the game a chance. The gameplay looks great! The graphics are nice. Also I'm sure it will be funny.

Skimmed over some and watched the EZA video. After the E3 demo and seeing how passionate the director is I'm fully expecting this to be a quality game. I hope if this turns out good and sells enough Nintendo asks Ubisoft to make another game using the same director.

Cartho

Your posts in this thread have been some of the most snobbish, pretentious things I've read on this forum in my 4+ years of visiting.

rudger

This game just seems so purposeful and oozing with love. It should make no sense yet everything looks perfectly in its place.

plank

I wonder how big the game download will be. The cutscenes appear to be prerendered, so I suspect this will be a fairly beefy download.

Wonder if I have enough room left for downloading this game, as well as Sonic Mania, Pokken DX, Mario Odyssey, Rocket League, Stardew Valley, Revelations 1 and Revelations 2.

(Not yet completely sold on Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, although the latter is likely. And I might get Skyrim.)

wasn't it confirmed to be somewhere along the line of 3GB's or something like that, correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom