• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

For what it's worth, we still haven't received our review copy of the game yet. But that's not too unusual. There are two other games coming out on the same day that we haven't seen review copies for either. Expecting them any day now. Likely today or tomorrow.

Ah cool, thanks for sharing. For some reason I thought review copies were typically sent out 2 weeks before the embargo date but I have no idea why I thought that.

Steiner

Banned
Ah cool, thanks for sharing. For some reason I thought review copies were typically sent out 2 weeks before the embargo date but I have no idea why I thought that.

It definitely varies. I've received games almost a month out, and I've received games on launch day. Sometimes it's highly automated, and sometimes you have to work really closely with PR to make sure you have what you need.

There were some changes at Atlus right before Persona 5 came out that I didn't keep track of, and I ended up getting the game four days before it launched. Needless to say that review did not make embargo. =[

Shahadan

I guess I don't have anything to do this weekend after all. I'll deal with the consequences later!

Also the uglilest keychain ever, but his crotch is also a light, so I'm divided

Got my copy from the ubi store today. The game doesn't appear to support 5.1ch audio which is a bummer.
Edit: Actually it does but fairly minimal, only in battles from what I can tell.

8bit

Knows the Score
Any one able to comment on the level of challenge? I'm not expecting XCOM levels of everybody dead but a decent fight would be appreciated.

kAmui-

I know yall just got your copies and reviews will eventually talk about this, but I would like to hear from people after they've played like 10-15 hours about does the game get repetitive and how varied is the gameplay and enemy design. Currently that's my only concern with this game.

Not... really it's just very soft. Not as soft as Snake Pass, if you've played that.

I haven't sadly, thanks for the response though. I've not had an issue with any other game so doubt it would be with this, with the exception of Pokken Tournament which looks extremely blurred on handheld.

How's the game as a whole? – initial impressions I know just curious what you're liking so far.

The ๖ۜBronx;247024066 said:
I haven't sadly, thanks for the response though. I've not had an issue with any other game so doubt it would be with this, with the exception of Pokken Tournament which looks extremely blurred on handheld.

How's the game as a whole? – initial impressions I know just curious what you're liking so far.
The softness really isn't bad tbh, it's noticeable but the menus are crisp and clear and the game uses depth of field quite liberally so backgrounds would be a bit blurry anyway. :p

I'm enjoying it so far but it's fucking weird. Like, so bizarre. It feels responsive and the animations are really nice though. I'm only about 1h in.

The softness really isn't bad tbh, it's noticeable but the menus are crisp and clear and the game uses depth of field quite liberally so backgrounds would be a bit blurry anyway. :p

I'm enjoying it so far but it's fucking weird. Like, so bizarre. It feels responsive and the animations are really nice though. I'm only about 1h in.
Awesome, thanks for that. Will be picking it up at the end of the month, so can't wait!

Ashtar

I guess I don't have anything to do this weekend after all. I'll deal with the consequences later!

I have the exact same games coming... too bad it won't be until Tuesday

The graphics in this game look so good to me, they're like CG animation good. Don't think Nintendo's own first party efforts (including Odyssey) have looked this good on the Switch yet... what sorcery is this?

Does 30fps, smaller levels, and turn based logic explain it?

Just beat the first mid boss (Been playing 2-3 hours).
Game is a joy so far, music is great, art is great, gameplay is shaping up to be a weird mix of disgaea & Xcom, with exploration puzzles in between.

I genuinely have to give the people that made this game some sincere credit, even before having played it but with the knowledge of what it is and the reactions so far. When this first leaked I couldn't begin to think what was going through the head of the person that came up with it. Peach Rabbid? #Selfie? Instant dismissal based on a dislike of the characters involved.

They took something that really had no reason to be a good game, and made something unique (within the context of Mario at least) and unexpected with it. The art style is gorgeous and befitting of a Mario title and by all accounts the gameplay and depth to match, and even surpass, others of the franchise.

It's become an instant purchase for many serious gamers despite having had all the appearance of an extremely casual or childish game. Not to knock casual gaming, I just think it's blown expectations out of the water from people that would otherwise have thought it to be shallow.

To take something that disliked and make what they have from it is impressive. It also makes me wonder what they could do if they had other, less controversial, IPs to work with.

Hasney

Ha, I see you and I raise you.

eJQxq6y_d.jpg

KodaRuss

The ๖ۜBronx;247025116 said:
I genuinely have to give the people that made this game some sincere credit, even before having played it but with the knowledge of what it is and the reactions so far. When this first leaked I couldn't begin to think what was going through the head of the person that came up with it. Peach Rabbid? #Selfie? Instant dismissal based on a dislike of the characters involved.

They took something that really had no reason to be a good game, and made something unique (within the context of Mario at least) and unexpected with it. The art style is gorgeous and befitting of a Mario title and by all accounts the gameplay and depth to match, and even surpass, others of the franchise.

It's become an instant purchase for many serious gamers despite having had all the appearance of an extremely casual or childish game. Not to knock casual gaming, I just think it's blown expectations out of the water from people that would otherwise have thought it to be shallow.

To take something that disliked and make what they have from it is impressive. It also makes me wonder what they could do if they had other, less controversial, IPs to work with.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was really vaffled at the leak and felt this was a waste of the Mario property. Then I saw the stage demo and said "Wow, this looks like a ton of fun"

Day 1 for me.

c1d

Peléo;247025532 said:
Was planning to get Splatoon as my next Switch game, butI'm having a strong itch to try this instead.
Yeah I've gone from 'lol this looks ridiculous' to 'ahh I kind of want to try it'

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just beat world 1 and trying to get all Perfects and Challenges

this game is real damn solid. i would not worry about this being a baby easy game.

dan2026

The only thing that concerns me is that the game is going to be too easy.
I don't want absurd xcom difficulty, but I hope there is a decent challenge.

Is there a difficulty select?

Top Bottom