• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
why would it be their last album ? I hope its not true

There's no reason to believe anything until there is an official statement. Radiohead could and has always lived in a state of limbo. Being accessed when the members slowed down and got back together to each other. To regroup and see what everyone has learned while on their time away. I doubt a break up is in our future and if it was it wouldn't be as maudlin as a "break-up song".

Horseress

I suppose I exaggerated, but like Blader I've always felt TLW would be on their last album.

Not sure why you guys have that feel. Not saying you both are wrong or there's no reason, it is really weird to see that track finally there, but...I don't know, whens LP10

robotrock

Banned
Not sure why you guys have that feel. Not saying you both are wrong or there's no reason, it is really weird to see that track finally there, but...I don't know, whens LP10

If the wait from IR to TKOL was four years, and the wait from TKOL to LP9 was five years, i'm going to say six years from now for LP10

Love the songs so far, so hyped for this. Unfortunately, I've committed to seeing 2 movies this afternoon, so I won't be able to listen until 8PM or after. Unless I bring headphones in the theater during Civil War and make it my official soundtrack.

Nice, its my main place to listen to everything. Even ripped my in rainbows cd to listen to it offline on spotify on all my devices

Horseress

this is crazy

does anyone here has a amazon echo account? People are saying if you ask the app to listen/buy the new Radiohead album it takes you there

robotrock

Banned
If you feel bad about being spoiled on the tracklist don't be because you still don't know what's on the B-sides disc
this is crazy

does anyone here has a amazon echo account? People are saying if you ask the app to listen/buy the new Radiohead album it takes you there

I asked my Fire TV stick and it just played Burn the Witch so...I got nothing.

Xun

If you feel bad about being spoiled on the tracklist don't be because you still don't know what's on the B-sides disc

I asked my Fire TV stick and it just played Burn the Witch so...I got nothing.
Indeed.

It'd be great if they recorded a studio version of Skirting on the Surface.

NOPE. DO NOT WANT TO KNOW UNTIL 7PM TONIGHT. I CAN WAIT. I HAVE TWO-AND-A-HALF HOURS TO WAIT AT THIS POINT.

OT is almost done by the way. And I STILL DON'T WANT TO KNOW. I feel like I should so that I can be ready for when it goes up in case it's true. But I don't want to be spoiled. Baaah.

I'd be wary about a studio version of
True Love Waits
after loving the live versions of Videotape from 2006 and then being massively disappointed by the version on In Rainbows.

robotrock

Banned
I'd be wary about a studio version of
True Love Waits
after loving the live versions of Videotape from 2006 and then being massively disappointed by the version on In Rainbows.

You're still gonna have that rad recording of it from I Might Be Wrong.

Blader

Xun, maybe you want to tag that last post of yours. :p

One of many reasons why I hope this isn't their last is because I still haven't bought MSG tickets yet and am waiting for those prices to come down a bit further (they were steadily falling for a while, but ticked back up again over the last week). If this is their last record, those prices are jumping up to the fucking moon and never coming down.

That said, I doubt they're breaking up...I think they take enough breaks and get enough time to themselves that they don't burn out doing Radiohead stuff. The downside to that is the hiatus between albums... Plus, if
TLW
is on the album, I could see that maybe being a reaction to
Thom's break up last year
than a THIS IS OUR FINAL SONG GOODBYE thing.

Blader

Why exactly are people assuming
this is the last album by them.

There's a particular song allegedly on it that I personally (and I guess others too) always felt would be like something they would save for their last album. That's all. They've never said anything like that ever, it's just an idea I've always had for no real reason.

Xun

Xun, maybe you want to tag that last post of yours. :p

One of many reasons why I hope this isn't their last is because I still haven't bought MSG tickets yet and am waiting for those prices to come down a bit further (they were steadily falling for a while, but ticked back up again over the last week). If this is their last record, those prices are jumping up to the fucking moon and never coming down.

That said, I doubt they're breaking up...I think they take enough breaks and get enough time to themselves that they don't burn out doing Radiohead stuff. The downside to that is the hiatus between albums... Plus, if
TLW
is on the album, I could see that maybe being a reaction to
Thom's break up last year
than a THIS IS OUR FINAL SONG GOODBYE thing.
Done.

It probably won't be their last (I stupidly overreacted), but that song would certainly be a good closer for their last record.

It most likely is in reference to him breaking up with his wife.

Servbot24

Banned
TLW
would be a nice career-ending song, but I don't think there's any reason to assume that's the case.

Besides, they need to make it to LP10 so the discography is a nice round number.

Servbot24

Banned
Done.

It probably won't be their last (I stupidly overreacted), but that song would certainly be a good closer for their last record.

It most likely is in reference to him breaking up with his wife.

Splitting hairs but I believe they were partners rather than married

Anyhow I don't believe this is their last album, but honestly, they can end things whenever they're ready. They have a legendary place in music history already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom