• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roi

I think I'll wait for the remastered edition. I'm a patient man.

jjVzavl.jpg

NotSelf

Daydreaming is a fairly ho hum track... sounds like more of the same. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of the album shapes up.

Initially I thought the same thing it took a couple listens to really appreciate it the feel is not immediate it doesn't beat you over the head like there early venture into electronica this sound is much more subtle. When i'm listening to Daydreaming it feels like i'm floating i've haven't had a piece music do that to me in a very long time.

Initially I thought the same thing it took a couple listens to really appreciate it the feel is not immediate it doesn't beat you over the head like there early venture into electronica this sound is much more subtle. When i'm listening to Daydreaming it feels like i'm floating i've haven't had a piece music do that to me in a very long time.

Agreed, its a grower. But thats Radiohead for ya.

I cant think of a better band with a worse first album

I mean I don't really like The Bends in the year 2016, but Pablo Honey is straight up unlistenable

In the context of the time, Pablo Honey is pretty good. Obviously doesn't compare future albums.

KoL is a huge disappointment following In Rainbows, especially at 8 songs (Feral barely counts)

hughesta

Banned
Looks like that thread was deleted so maybe it was fake. Felt a bit too good to be true, but it matches up with what I expected from this album. Expectations firmly in check.

so maybe the 10th song is
silent spring?

if this is real at all of course[/spoiler]
10th song was
Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor

Blader

Dude on reddit says
true love waits is the closer

Oh fuck what

If that's true,
that makes me real nervous that this is their last album. Not that they ever said anything to this effect, but I always had it my head that TLW was going to be a final album track.

I won't click that pic though. If it's fake, then I'll be expecting songs that don't end up there and don't want to fuck with first impressions like that.

Deeku

That album name, fake or real, sounded kinda dumb.

Just saying

Oh fuck what

If that's true,
that makes me real nervous that this is their last album. Not that they ever said anything to this effect, but I always had it my head that TLW was going to be a final album track.
Basically :/

hughesta

Banned
Oh fuck what

If that's true,
my thoughts exactly

Xun

I hope it's fake to be honest.

If that were the last track, it most certainly could be the final record...

I cant think of a better band with a worse first album

I mean I don't really like The Bends in the year 2016, but Pablo Honey is straight up unlistenable

It's my favourite band of all time (Top 3 at least) and I can't agree more, I do like Creep and You though, fans usually hate those.

andylsun

Really looking forward to the album based on the two track so far.

Been going through most of the back catalogue this week. Haven't listened to The Bends for ages, but it holds up really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom