• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
but why is his bothering you so much? Some people don't want to know and people are just being cautious.

It's not "bothering me so much." I'm asking a question, because this is some ridiculous shit and I'm not sure anyone in the thread is actually thinking about what they're doing, so I thought I'd call attention to how ridiculous it looks, and question whether you guys put any thought into why you were just going along with it.

They're song titles. Those aren't spoilers. They don't change how the song sounds at all.

A Moon Shaped Pool being the (possible) name of the album isn't a spoiler.

I'm also pretty sure this isn't going to be their last album just because they might have possibly closed it out with True Love Waits.

denx

Just read that Clive Deamer will be touring with Radiohead again. That's awesome news, and that means that either this album will have some complex/layered percussion, or that they will play a good chunk of TKOL stuff, probably both.

Personally I would LOVE if they played The Butcher live. That would be nuts.

And about those album spoilers, I'm not clicking on any of them. The album is almost here, I can wait.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS

TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
TRUE LOVE WAITS
SPOILERS!

LulZ
Isn't the alphabetical ordering of the tracklist a little strange? It's the one thing making me think it isn't real.

The video plays clips of the new songs. It's real.

Horseress

It's not "bothering me so much." I'm asking a question, because this is some ridiculous shit and I'm not sure anyone in the thread is actually thinking about what they're doing, so I thought I'd call attention to how ridiculous it looks, and question whether you guys put any thought into why you were just going along with it.

They're song titles. Those aren't spoilers. They don't change how the song sounds at all.

For the first time ever we are in less than 2 hours from getting an album without knowing it's name or it's tracks. Treating it as something that could be "spoiled" is normal behavior imo. Kinda stupid but understandable.

We'll behave better by the time LP10 drops

Fair enough. Considering some people like to take in albums with as blank of expectations as possible, I think there is a purpose to it. I personally don't give a shit and will listen to an album fragmented, with knowledge of what song is to come, and in mutiple sessions. But I have friends, along not with some people on this board, that want to listen in one sitting, with no knowledge of what to expect, and take the journey of the album at face value.

Song titles and track order aren't "spoilers", but when a band is incorporating live songs onto an album it can definitely give you preconceived notions as to what direction certain songs will take based on what's coming next on the album or what the live version sounds like (especially with how interconnected Radiohead tends to make their tracks).

That being said, if you're on that level of music listening pickiness, stay the fuck off the internet if a band's album is announced to come out in two days. And if someone complains they got "spoiled" browsing a GAF thread, that's their own fault. But, it's literally just highlighting some text and putting a black bar over it, so it's whatever to me. I'd rather not risk ruining someone's experience that not click my mouse two more times.

For the first time ever we are in less than 2 hours from getting an album without knowing it's name or it's tracks. Treating it as something that could be "spoiled" is normal behavior imo.

There is functionally zero difference from reading the title/tracklist before buying the album, than there is picking the album up in a store and looking at the cover & back. You guys are essentially arguing that walking into a record store is a spoiler minefield, essentially. All those albums you never heard of, with their titles and tracklists just OPENLY POSTED for ANYONE TO SEE! They could accidentally pick up an LP that was misfiled, look at the back and see that there are named songs on it!

I dunno. I thought it was weird enough to start asking questions about it. Before now I wouldn't have thought anyone could consider "listening to an album" as an experience that could even be spoiled. Either you're hearing the music they played or you're not.

I do hope Spectre is on this, though.

Blader

Someone on reddit said
The Numbers
is
Silent Spring.
Makes sense,
given the lyric "the numbers don't decide."

Servbot24

Banned
It's not really.

There is functionally zero difference from reading the title/tracklist before buying the album, than there is picking the album up in a store and looking at the cover & back.

You guys are essentially arguing that walking into a record store is a spoiler minefield, essentially. All those albums you never heard of, with their titles and tracklists just OPENLY POSTED for ANYONE TO SEE! They could accidentally pick up an LP that was misfiled, look at the back and see that there are named songs on it!

That would be true for most bands, but there are songs on the tracklist fans have been speculating about for over 20 years.

It's not really.

There is functionally zero difference from reading the title/tracklist before buying the album, than there is picking the album up in a store and looking at the cover & back.

You guys are essentially arguing that walking into a record store is a spoiler minefield, essentially. All those albums you never heard of, with their titles and tracklists just OPENLY POSTED for ANYONE TO SEE! They could accidentally pick up an LP that was misfiled, look at the back and see that there are named songs on it!
My main point is that commenting about people using spoiler tags all the time seems just as silly as people getting upset about getting "spoiled" by someone posting a tracklist.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
@_@

Is Radiohead the biggest artist remaining in terms of a new album being a true event?

Well, Kanye actually. Those two though.

As far as rock/alternative music goes I believe so and I don't really think any other band is even remotely close.

Horseress

It's not really.

The thing is: a bunch of these song names are familiar. Radiohead loves to play new songs live before releasing them. At least for me it is shocking they actually put TLW in an album! I never thought it would happen

But I agree that treating these "spoilers" like it was the end of some new movie is nonsense

It's too late
the damage is done

Listening to daydreaming again. I'm so hyped now. This song makes me hype and cry at the same time. lol 😢😭

Also, based off the tone of this and feel that this album is going to be about failed relationships (and i'm sure very heavily political), could this be the album where we get True Love Waits?

I knew it. This album is going to be awesome. Also, why all the break-up talk? It's the longest gap between records but I attribute that to them wanting to push themselves harder after TKOL than anything else. Harder to do that in a timely manner when most of the group also has very active solo careers.

never bought music on google play, does it do anything weird? Do you just straight up get the mp3s when you buy or does it make you download some weird nonsense?

Nah, one is definitely weirder/sillier than the other.

(it's the latter)
I don't know. I see you posting in every other thread with black bars about how it's not affecting how people enjoy something, yet it seems by their continued use of it that it does for other people. Haha, I mean, you do your thing. I just get more excited to read your film write ups than your spoiler moderation.

I want to post the "I could do this all day" Cap gif to show I respect it in a way, but I'm on mobile.

I don't know. I see you posting in every other thread with black bars about how it's not affecting how people enjoy something.

No you don't. For whatever reason, when I do do it, it jumps out at you, but I certainly don't do it every other thread. Or even close to it.

Maybe your experience is skewed by the number of spoiler-filled movie threads you read, I dunno.

I don't wanna buy this via Google Play, any other markets got it up yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom