• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Contemplating marathoning the whole catalog before listening to the new one. Don't know if I could do it though.
Nah, go into lp9 super fresh. I've be trying not to listen to much Radiohead ever since people started getting the postcards.

I'm watching the original Wicker Man in honor of Burn the Witch. This movie is so unsettling. I can see this having a big effect on a young Thom Yorke lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
T minus 12 hours!

I'll be asleep, not staying up till 4am.

Now it's 9 1/2 hours
Fwd3x49.gif

Maengun1

^ There's something so odd to me that they eventually chose to give us the release date beforehand (down to the very second it drops on the day!) yet declined to just say what the title is. Radiohead being Radiohead I guess.

cbf123

Neo Member
I'm going to explode. 8 more hours.

Daydreaming and BTW are keeping me going for now. Daydreaming is an unbelievable track. Genuinely moved by it. To make a song that'd probably with time make it as a 'Top 3' at this stage in their careers is astounding.

Roll on 7PM BST!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I haven't really given anything post Hail to the Thief a chance, but I listened to Daydreaming and loved it. Looking forward to this, and maybe it's time to sit down and really listen to In Rainbows and King of Limbs

Randdalf

^ There's something so odd to me that they eventually chose to give us the release date beforehand (down to the very second it drops on the day!) yet declined to just say what the title is. Radiohead being Radiohead I guess.

It's all part of the fun! I'm going to try and listen to it without seeing the tracklist, just so I don't know what's coming.

I haven't really given anything post Hail to the Thief a chance, but I listened to Daydreaming and loved it. Looking forward to this, and maybe it's time to sit down and really listen to In Rainbows and King of Limbs
In Rainbows is perfect to me. Absolutely perfect. And I love King of Limbs so much as well, but I'm sure you know how divisive it can be for some reason. Please do give them a chance! And make sure you check out the From the Basement versions of KoL especially. I'm like a broken record with that in these threads.

Chinner

Banned
Listening to TKOL, which is by no means their best album, but is misunderstood by the fans. Admittedly, it has it's faults and it's too short which prevents in from really doing anything with its concept, but there are some strong songs which have a lot going for them.

hypotc

It's gonna be a challenge ordering the vinyl + digital, transfer it to my phone and then start it without spoiling myself on the tracklist.

Anyone else going in blind?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
In Rainbows is perfect to me. Absolutely perfect. And I love King of Limbs so much as well, but I'm sure you know how divisive it can be for some reason. Please do give them a chance! And make sure you check out the From the Basement versions of KoL especially. I'm like a broken record with that in these threads.

I'm going to spend this afternoon with In Rainbows. I don't know why I sat on it for so long, but there was a time in my life (early 00's, when Thief came out), where I overdosed on RH. I listened to everything so much I had to take a break. But it may be time to get back in.

Listening to TKOL, which is by no means their best album, but is misunderstood by the fans. Admittedly, it has it's faults and it's too short which prevents in from really doing anything with its concept, but there are some strong songs which have a lot going for them.

Its good weather here in The Netherlands so yesterday when sitting in the sun I went through the entire catalogue of Radiohead. When I got to TKOL I was surprised in how much I enjoyed it. Each song clicked for me and the entire (short) experience of the record got me almost in a trance. Most trance-inducing record since Kid A for sure.

Didn't expect it to but after all these years I think TKOL rates above Hail to the Thief for me now. Two extra songs would have made it feel more like a 'real record' instead of an EP, but thats the only real fault I could find.

I'm going to spend this afternoon with In Rainbows. I don't know why I sat on it for so long, but there was a time in my life (early 00's, when Thief came out), where I overdosed on RH. I listened to everything so much I had to take a break. But it may be time to get back in.

Enjoy. In my experience its the best Radiohead record. Pretty easy to get into but with layers. A mix between their experimental sounds and 'poppy' sounds from the '90s.

Apdiddy

My guess is the album is a self-titled album although I heard Radiohead say they would never do that.

Or it could be called LP9. I also think Radiohead erasing their online presence before "Burn The Witch" came out could have something to do with the title.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this will be a great thing to wake up to

Right. Guess I'm doing the OT as I just put my name down in the OT thread, so yeah, subtitle suggestions please.

I'm not going to be putting it up before the album launch or right on 7pm BST/2pm EST. I want to wait and see what the title will be first and the album art before it goes up. Hopefully, that'll be no later than 10/15 minutes after it drops.

pitt_norton

... listening to pablo honey now... then before i begin the new album, i'll announce to myself in a deep voice "now... 23 years later... radiohead."

i'm set.

Oli

If you haven't watched this live performance yet, give it a view. There's two songs at the beginning that could very well appear on the new record, a beautiful rendition of Bloom. Closes with the Present Tense, which is my one wish for this record. Please include a studio version!

https://youtu.be/JgpyF6PDrEw

Diablos

Daydreaming is a fairly ho hum track... sounds like more of the same. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of the album shapes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom