• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nin1000

Banned
It seems i am very out of touch but why is everyone shitting their pants over the tracklist ?

Were some of those tracks already played live ?

Servbot24

Banned
It seems i am very out of touch but why is everyone shitting their pants over the tracklist ?

Yes.
True Love Waits
was first performed in 1995 and has been very popular among fans since then.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile, being a fan of Radiohead for a pretty long time, and enjoying the excitement you guys seem to be sharing.

That all said: Why are there SPOILER TAGS in here?

How the hell are you guys considering a tracklist a SPOILER?

These aren't spoilers. There is no story to a tracklist. There is no plot point being uncovered by talking about the names of the songs you're not listening to yet.

edit: And even if you are listening to them right now: That's not a spoiler, either.

Yeah and they're (in my opinion) some of their best live stuff. Given how much they can change a song once they bring it in studio, it's exciting to hear what they've done with them. For better or worse.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile, being a fan of Radiohead for a pretty long time, and enjoying the excitement you guys seem to be sharing.

How the hell are you guys considering a potential tracklist a SPOILER?

These aren't spoilers. There is no story to a tracklist. There is no plot point being uncovered by talking about the names of the songs you're not listening to yet.
I agree that it's silly and I don't personally care about knowing the tracklist, but why is his bothering you so much? Some people don't want to know and people are just being cautious. I don't even think anyone has freaked out about the people not using spoiler tags on occasion in this thread yet.

I feel like you're really tied up on the fact that they're called spoiler tags and not what they're actually doing in this thread.

Servbot24

Banned

I know it's dumb but we're too far gone. :p

Horseress

Thank god for eleven songs and not just eight
click

nin1000

Banned
Yes.
True Love Waits
was first performed in 1995 and has been very popular among fans since then.

Yes. It's a damn good list.

Yeah and they're (in my opinion) some of their best live stuff. Given how much they can change a song once they bring it in studio, it's exciting to hear what they've done with them. For better or worse.

nice, i cannot wait to finally hear them :=)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

So what are those tracks besides
TLW?

SpaceWolf

Banned

Casual lurker here too, but I get the impression that people just want to preserve that sense of exploration when it comes to listening to the album for themselves for the first time. It's always nice to be surprised, especially if the new album is seeing the return of some fan favorite tracks.

Plus you know, some people might even want to listen to the entire album in one go without knowing what the tracklist is beforehand. Again, just for the fun of maintaining some sense of surprise.

Blader

So what are those tracks besides
TLW?

Identikit and Ful Stop were played on the last tour. And Thom has done acoustic versions of The Present Tense (a handful of times over the last 7-8 years) and Desert Island Disk (once last December).

I feel like Glass Eyes might also be a renamed Skirting on the Surface.

Horseress

can't wait to hear what they done with
TPT and TLW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom