• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
They did the same for In Rainbows.

I hope the special edition is good as the discbox for In Rainbows... Great thing, and the records sound legendary.

I hope so. I'm still a bit disappointed in the TKOL newspaper album.

The newspaper is cool and all but I wish it was as fun to hold as the In Rainbows set. Also, I want some b-sides.

Ran rp

what he needs is new stylists. why did they dress him up like a teenager trying too hard to be cool in the Daydreaming video? good god did i cringe hard watching him prance around imitating Justin Bieber. what a sad state he has reached, sheesh.

good god do i cringe reading posts like this

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
what he needs is new stylists. why did they dress him up like a teenager trying too hard to be cool in the Daydreaming video? good god did i cringe hard watching him prance around imitating Justin Bieber. what a sad state he has reached, sheesh.

song was kind of ok though, but i haven't heard a really good song from them since Dollars and Cents. i hope these two singles aren't the best the album had to offer.

Is this a joke post?

song was kind of ok though, but i haven't heard a really good song from them since Dollars and Cents. i hope these two singles aren't the best the album had to offer.

Everything about this post is strange.

Kodaman

Well, just read a theory stating that Daydreaming is about climate change and well... fits just right to not to be true.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well, just read a theory stating that Daydreaming is about climate change and well... fits just right to not to be true.

The best 'political' songs are the ones that you don't realise are 'political'. Having said that, I'm more inclined to believe it's about his break up. A lot of his stuff, especially TMB, revolves around that theme or affairs etc. Have you heard Ful Stop?

NotSelf

The two tracks are very subtle if the rest of the album is like these two tracks there's going to be very disappointed people out there. The weirdness is there the cool changes are still there just very subtle it doesn't beat you over the head with it like kid a or amnesiac should be interesting to hear this album live.

robotrock

Banned
Hopefully, but if no one else does I'll make it.

Based on previous albums, how many copies of the special editions are likely to be available? I might be out when the album drops, unfortunately.

They usually don't limit it. If you want it you'll be able to order one.

They've been my favorite band in the world for years and I'm finally getting to see them for the first time in August. I can't express how excited I am.

I don't know what I'd do if I had the chance to see them reasonably nearby. Dallas or New Orleans. I know they've been to Dallas a while back, and if they go again I'll be all over it.

Blader

They've been my favorite band in the world for years and I'm finally getting to see them for the first time in August. I can't express how excited I am.

Same. Loved them for years but I've never been able to afford seeing them. I'm going to end up paying through the nose to see them at MSG this July. :lol

Schmitty

I think I'm going to hold out until the physical release so I can get the vinyl with digital included from Amazon. It will be hard

Well...no sleep tonight then.
dLkZDTg.jpg

Hopefully, but if no one else does I'll make it.

Based on previous albums, how many copies of the special editions are likely to be available? I might be out when the album drops, unfortunately.

I was going to say I'd like to do it, but then I realised I got too much on my plate so best not.

RoKKeR

Listened to the new song last night in bed, not watching the video. I like it much more now than I did upon first listen. Reminds me of Videotape. The piano arrangement is great.

Deeku

I'm probably not gonna stay up for this - it's 1am Monday for me...Hopefully they'll still be taking SE pre-orders in the morning.

Or hopefully they drop this shit a few hours early!

RoKKeR

I'm probably not gonna stay up for this - it's 1am Monday for me...Hopefully they'll still be taking SE pre-orders in the morning.

Or hopefully they drop this shit a few hours early!
Yeah, middle of the night for me as well. Will rock it on the morning commute tomorrow.

SD-Ness

So excited for this new album. Radiohead is one of those bands with a flawless discography to me. There's something I like about every song. (Others I put in this category include: The Smiths, Arcade Fire, National, Elliott Smith.)

Any word on the title?

I like "Burn the Witch" but if surprisingly grown a bit tired of it earlier than I thought. It reminds me of "Optimistic" in a way but a bit softer. It has that big, wide, symphonic crescendo behind Thom's wailing/humming.

I definitely love "Daydreaming" though. Keeps getting better with each lesson. I love when they include piano. It's minimalistic and haunting.

Didn't love the music video though. Huge PTA fan. It was OK, just didn't leave much of an impression on me. However, that could possibly because I'm not huge into music videos anymore.

I'm wondering if they haven't mentioned the album title because it is a song that we already know of that is on the album, like Lift or The Present Tense (not that I could see either of those really being the name of a Radiohead album...)

5:00 and on in Daydreaming could have used some trimming, or something else added, it kind of loses steam at the end there

this is coming from a guy who loves ambient tunes

Waiting for new record to drop before heading the new tunes so it's all in context. I'm on vacation in Puerto Rico and Jamaica this week so this record is going to be the soundtrack of this trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom