• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 4 video!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Very nice, I love all the different moves we are seeing from Leon and the villagers. I guess Capcom just took another $49.99 out of my pocket.

They might not look like zombies, but they sure act like them somehow... I don't associate "walking slowly in a straight line towards someone who is firing at you with a shotgun" to be a "humanistic behaviour". They are zombies that don't eat you, but murder you instead.

neptunes

Grubdog said:
Best looking game ever.

now that's just pushing it, while it does look very good you can't say the ground (among the many other) textures look good.

I just wish the ddevelopers could pump out some better textures out of ths Gamecube.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
adelgary said:
They might not look like zombies, but they sure act like them somehow... I don't associate "walking slowly in a straight line towards someone who is firing at you with a shotgun" to be a "humanistic behaviour". They are zombies that don't eat you, but murder you instead.
They are definately zombies in the sense that they are simply automotons, they just are not undead... yet.

Socreges

Banned
neptunes said:
I just wish the the gamecube could pump out better quality textures
Do you wish the PS2 could do better textures in MGS3 threads?

Neither system is defined by specific games - even those that push them the furthest. There are many exceptions.

neptunes

Socreges said:
Do you wish the PS2 could do better textures in MGS3 threads?

Neither system is defined by specific games - even those that push them the furthest. There are many exceptions.

I even nitpicked MGS3's grass textures but I think the textures in mgs3 look good and is the games best trait.

I know the GC can push better textures than the ps2 but I wish this game could put it to good use

that's all.

Socreges

Banned
neptunes said:
I even nitpicked MGS3's grass textures but I think the textures in mgs3 look good and is the games best trait.
Bwah?? ...huh.
I know the GC can push better textures than the ps2 but I wish this game could put it to good use

that's all.
I never said otherwise.

El Papa

I'm going on a media blackout for this game, I want to be suprised. I shouldn't have watched the movie, I would have been stunned the first time a villager grabed me, picked me up and slammed me into a wall. I can't wait for this game!

GDGF

Soothsayer
I'm not reading any more Resident Evil 4 threads. I want this game, and I want to be surprised, too :)

AniHawk

I killed that fucker with the chainsaw. :)

Died in the same corner the same way though. I never saw anyone get past that part in the demo.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
El Papa said:
I'm going on a media blackout for this game, I want to be suprised. I shouldn't have watched the movie, I would have been stunned the first time a villager grabed me, picked me up and slammed me into a wall. I can't wait for this game!

I was doing the same thing... UNTIL I READ YOUR DAMN POST.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Dr.Guru of Peru said:
Whats wrong with the ground textures?

They are a bit low-res (similar to MGS3). However, textures are a weakness of PS2...so it is expected, but on GC, they shouldn't be there. Of course, I don't think it looks too bad when everything else on the screen looks so amazing. From the very first shots, I could tell that those ground textures were kinda low-res. The rest of the texutres appear to be very good, though...so I can't really complain.

I don't think this is the best looking game ever made, though. It still has flaws present and it doesn't run at 60 fps. It is absolutely one of the very best looking games ever made, though, and has restored my faith in the RE series just from videos! :eek:

The actual game mechanics look very solid this time and it seems like it should be a very cool experience. I'm not so sure it will be a scary game, though, but RE games never were. The thing that really entices me is the wide open environments. While there are load points connecting various areas, each zone allows you to enter buildings and wander around freely without worrying about loading. No more "wait for the door to open" animation crap here.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Does anyone have impressions of the in game music? We know the visuals are solid, so I now want to hear about the soundtrack. Any MP3s available?

dark10x

Lost Weekend said:
Does anyone have impressions of the in game music? We know the visuals are solid, so I now want to hear about the soundtrack. Any MP3s available?

Ohhh, that's a good question. Most RE games have had solid soundtracks, so I would hope RE4 would be the same. I'd love them to recruit Akihiko Matsumoto (responsible for several tracks in RE-Outbreak, including the fantastic title theme) once again for the entire soundtrack, but I HIGHLY doubt that would happen.

ge-man

This game certainly looks great. I keep hearing complaints about the textures, but Capcom has 24MB to work with--I don't care how fast it is. The game is spitting out open environments with insane amounts of models. I believe Capcom when they say that the biggest challenge is the GC's memory.

AssMan

Banned
All the Capcom haters can suck it. Capcom is one of the best developers this generation, and I can't for this game, VJ2, Okami, Killer 7, and Zelda:MC.

dark10x

AssMan said:
All the Capcom haters can suck it. Capcom is one of the best developers this generation, and I can't for this game, VJ2, Okami, Killer 7, and Zelda:MC.

Are they? Outside of a few titles (such as Dragon Quarter), I don't think I've ever seen Capcom as weak as they are now...

There have been plenty of great Capcom games this gen, but few are truly outstanding.

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
Are they? Outside of a few titles (such as Dragon Quarter), I don't think I've ever seen Capcom as weak as they are now...

There have been plenty of great Capcom games this gen, but few are truly outstanding.
I dunno...

-Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
-Monster Hunter
-Viewtiful Joe
-Devil May Cry
-MegaMan Battle Network
-MegaMan Zero
-Gyakuten Saiban
-PowerStone
-Street Fighter III
-Marvel Vs Capcom
-Capcom Vs SNK
-Legend of Zelda (GB)
-Onimusha
-Resident Evil
-Steel Batallion
-Killer 7
-Gregory Horror Show
-Zeta Gundam
-Maximo
-Under the Skin
-Ookami
-Shadow of Rome

.... Capcom's had it's fair share of great releases with both fresh concepts and established properties in the past few years. They're doing as well as any other Japanese company anyway, if not better. Their lineup this holiday season looks stronger than I ever remember Capcom being also...

dark10x

Well, perhaps you're right...I was just thinking of their "action/adventure" games as well as a few other lackluster products...

I haven't played most of those games yet, so I couldn't really use them as basis and I wasn't including Dreamcast games (where Capcom kicked serious ass). I dunno if I'd say they are the best developer this gen, though...they haven't left a big impact on me.

Blinky

This is easily going to be a must-have GCN title. I'm a little unhappy with the story-line, they should at least do a true end-cap to the RE story before they go off and completely change everything. But none-the-less it look stellar. Between RE4, Killer 7, and VJ2, this is going to be a kick ass run for Capcom.

dark10x

Lisa Lashes said:
I don't think I've ever paid attention nor cared about a story when it comes to a game.

Seriously? What do you play? Strictly fighters and racers?

ourumov

"I don't think I've ever paid attention nor cared about a story when it comes to a game."

"Teh Mature" like it hard...

FightyF

Banned
I like the look of the game, but I have to say that the combat looks sluggish. The view is alright...but it just seems really slow and cumbersome.

Greekboy

Banned
dark10x said:
Seriously? What do you play? Strictly fighters and racers?

Don't play RPGs. Everything else is fair game. For example I've beaten all Zeldas but wouldn't be able to tell you story elements at all. How you guys even remember the most minute of details is beyond me.

dark10x

Lisa Lashes said:
Don't play RPGs. Everything else is fair game. For example I've beaten all Zeldas but wouldn't be able to tell you story elements at all. How you guys even remember the most minute of details is beyond me.

Zelda is a terrible example (I barely remember the stories either)...

Top Bottom