• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 4 video!

Game looks good... but it seems like every other video I have gotten from IGN has them dying. They aren't very good at this game, assuming they're the ones playing it.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
dark10x said:
They are a bit low-res (similar to MGS3). However, textures are a weakness of PS2...so it is expected, but on GC, they shouldn't be there. Of course, I don't think it looks too bad when everything else on the screen looks so amazing. From the very first shots, I could tell that those ground textures were kinda low-res. The rest of the texutres appear to be very good, though...so I can't really complain.

I don't think this is the best looking game ever made, though. It still has flaws present and it doesn't run at 60 fps. It is absolutely one of the very best looking games ever made, though, and has restored my faith in the RE series just from videos! :eek:

The actual game mechanics look very solid this time and it seems like it should be a very cool experience. I'm not so sure it will be a scary game, though, but RE games never were. The thing that really entices me is the wide open environments. While there are load points connecting various areas, each zone allows you to enter buildings and wander around freely without worrying about loading. No more "wait for the door to open" animation crap here.

Ummm....X-Box games don't have bad ground textures now? Sudeki & Fable immediately come to mind. No RE game has ever run at 60 AFAIK, MGS3 may not even. Regardless, the only two genres that really & truly benefit from that refresh rate IMO are fpsers & racers. The legendary Halo & Halo 2 didn't/won't run at 60, (or even a locked 30) although I would hardly classify this as a criticism. I know you really weren't critisizing RE dark, & I know that you are the technical nitpicker extradonaire, but 30fps for what they are accomplishing comprehensively technically? (model texturing, skinning, lighting, various level geometry, level of detail, & various creature & character animation, etc.) Come on....

Top Bottom