• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Globox_82

Banned
PSEU.blog
has nothing so this probably hints that game is from a studio from USA. Or maybe PSEU.blog gus are so lazy, which is no news to me.

Lingitiz

the more I watch that geoff teaser, the more it scream some crazy 3rd party SONY published exclusive.

It does seem like it with the amount of hype he's pushing. Still, 3rd party exclusives are rare this late into the gen, and there aren't a whole lot of big name independent developers that are available.

Bungie is with Activision and said they aren't going to split their team for another project for this one.

Epic NC just finished Gears 3, and the new announcement seems to be separate from the PS3 one.

Crytek is working on Ryse. Hard to say what the other teams are working on, but an announcement like that would not meet the hype.

Valve could be one, but the chances of them making a game exclusive to PS3 are so rare at this point, not to mention not being on PC.

I can see it being something from left field, but who knows if it'll be Sony published.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Geoff's gif is just an exploding head. :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Only guess I can come up with that would fuel Geoff's hype is maybe some external collab that is unexpected. Maybe a Epic link, for example?

If it's purely a Santa Monica game, what could be happening 'behind the scenes' that would be so shocking? Why would it be so amazing that it hadn't leaked?

That's giving Geoff the benefit of the doubt, of course...

Project between WB and SSM? That would be unexpected no doubt.
I think I have the whole plot figured out: The drug that makes you dream is introduced to the cordyceps, which makes them infect people and put them into a permanent dream state. The entire game is about your character slowly going insane as you try not to fall asleep!

Game of the forever.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I was going to suggest bungies next game

And yeah that looks like master chief and kortana? I don't know, I've never played too much halo.

BeeDog

God, Geoff is trolling you guys so hard right now, and he's doing a damn fine job at it.

Regardless of what it turns out to be, most of you will end up disappointed.

Replicant

Welp! With this kind of hype, there's nowhere to go but down when it comes to the reality. I'd especially be disappointed if this turns out to be a FPS game. Ugh.

My guess is that it's a 3rd party developer who make a game for Sony (as in Sony has the rights to the game concept/idea/follow up sequel, etc) because Sony paid for it.

Hmmm, wow he was absolutely hyping that up....could it be a proper TLG reveal? All in engine, so he def wouldnt say that if it was Diablo 3...that is far and away from the most visually impressive game.

Hoping its a new franchise (action rpg please) from Santa Monica using an upgraded version of the GoW3 engine ie no crappy crates and gardens!

Actually, I wonder if this is Agent hahah....really doubt it, but it would fit the bill and the hype. Just wouldnt be the right time to announce it really.

Well since the hype is reaching batshit insane levels I'm going with :-

Kojima as producer with CliffyB as the face of developement using Naughty Dogs UC3 engine and Bungie doing the online functionality with Valve handling marketing. Just sayin....

WinFonda

It isn't Diablo 3. It's gotta be a new IP, or at least, an IP new to video games. Geoff said "You'll meet the characters. The trailer is real time." Also, the ant / tree / end of the world stuff

It's a never before seen game, people.

Geoff is a master troll but I still love that son of a bitch. VGA thread will be amazing.

I'm not buying the hype this year, though. Sorry Geoff. Show is entertaining and will watch.

Only guess I can come up with that would fuel Geoff's hype is maybe some external collab that is unexpected. Maybe a Epic link, for example?

If it's purely a Santa Monica game, what could be happening 'behind the scenes' that would be so shocking? Why would it be so amazing that it hadn't leaked?

That's giving Geoff the benefit of the doubt, of course...

I would probably say that Behind The Scenes would mean a movie and other cross-media elements that integrate into the game.

That or Sony will announce the PS4.

Not quite. You got the major beats right. But the actual thing in all it's gory detail is actually way worse and one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen or read.

The best video documentary of is is in the Planet Earth BBC blu-rays, one one of those discs.

Here is what is going on. And yeah, put down the sammich:

The original idea was that the spores want to be carried aloft on the wind, and it needs to start from a high vantage point to do that, so they zombify the ants to crawl up a tree and get eaten by a bird or just expire up there and explode with spores. It is just totally fucked up.

I remember seeing that very clip on the Planet Earth series too. I looked it up, and actually the clip is also on youtube. This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8&feature=player_detailpage#t=30s

Sir David Attenborough and the Planet Earth team discover the weird world of the Cordyceps; killer fungi that invades the body of an insect to grow and diminish the insect population. Fascinating animal and wildlife video from the BBC epic natural world masterpiece 'Planet Earth'.

BeeDog

Just watched the actual teaser with Geoff and damn, he truly is hyping this shit up. The outcome of this can't be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom