• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They changed the PSBlog for this? Can I get a nature simulator please? I'm dead serious right now. Give me dynamic everything @ 1080P and let me wonder in awe as I watch stuff grow.

I'm usually calm and composed, but that last teaser made me sit up straight and get all hyped up. Geoff Keighley is now officially the Flavor Flav of gaming. Better be worth it.

GorillaJu

It also had nothing to do with the game.

This is all very silly.

What was the DI trailer? Was it the opening, that rip off of Prodigy's Smack my Bitch Up music video? The camera follows a drunk person trying to kop a feel all night and getting rejected?

Luthos

It also had nothing to do with the game.

This is all very silly.

Well to be fair, with Geoff's talk of in-game and whatnot, this reveals appears to be more than just a simple CG teaser that won't have much to do with the actual game.

Globox_82

Banned
Since trailer will be all in game I am very very interested. If I remember correctly Sony was the only publisher to have their two games show ingame. Rest of them were CG bullshit.

BTW it woulod be funny if it is next game from Pixel Junk dev lol. And then camera zooms to Geoffs face and he has that troll face mask. hahaha would pay to see that happened

Since trailer will be all in game I am very very interested. If I remember correctly Sony was the only publisher to have their two games show ingame. Rest of them were CG bullshit.

BTW it woulod be funny if it is next game from Pixel Junk dev lol. And then camera zooms to Geoffs face and he has that troll face mask. hahaha would pay to see that happened

Pixel Junk Dungeon will actually be a big deal to me, it's basically mission success for me if it's PJ Dungeons.

AAK

Damn, Geoff Keighley is pretty damn good at what he does. I wonder how much GT pays him?

Or at the very least, he's a damn good salesman for selling hype.

This isn't the game being referred do, but you can pretty much count on Dead Space 3 getting a trailer at the VGAs. Let's not forget that a few members of the press got to take a super-early look at it months ago.
David Cage
Haha yeah that's probably what it is.

AAK

Damn, for fun I just stumbled upon this wikipedia article about him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Keighley

- Keighley is also the executive producer of the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Aha! He has an executive role in this... it's no wonder he's hyping it to the sky and beyond... his career relatively depends on the success of this Awards show. But other interesting things...

-His work spans online, print, and TV outlets, and he has been writing about games since 1992.

Woah WHAT??? He's been in this industry since I was 3 years old! I thought he was just approximately 5-6 years older than me judging by his appearance, but DAMN, he's gotta have some fountain of youth potions lying around him.

But back on topic, Keighley really is a marketing mastermind for these kinds of things. He knows the largest buzz on the interwebs regarding videogames always centers around a PS3 exclusive and he's taking advantage of that masterfully.

Woah WHAT??? He's been in this industry since I was 3 years old! I thought he was just approximately 5-6 years older than me judging by his appearance, but DAMN, he's gotta have some fountain of youth potions lying around him.

videogame is the elixir of life. you'll remain a child as long as you play games. don't you know that? Gaf are full of manchildren.

Luthos

It seems like the boy who cried wolf story just doesn't apply to gamers.

lol, what is the real negative for getting hyped? As long as you don't think something is 100% gonna happen, it's fine. Even then, if it's not what you're expecting, big whoop.

I don't about everyone here, but a lot of the "OH MY GOD SO HYPED UNNGH" is a bit exaggerated, imo.

Why would anyone being shocked that SSM is working on a NEW IP? Makes no sense tbh.
I wish it is from SSM but from the sound of it. it is either from Valve, Bungie or Rockstar. I doubt Geoff would call Epic "amazing, amazing developer".

Epic and Valve are the only two of those studios it could realistically be. We know it's Sony Published so that pretty much negates Rockstar and Bungie from the formula since they are already tied to respective publishers atm. I still say it's SSM and the behind the scenes "shocker" comes in the form of Hollywood talent providing the voice work for the game.

Mit-

What amazing developer hasn't said anything for the past year or so?

All I can think of is Respawn Entertainment.

I think this is the first time I've been semi-interested in upcoming gaming news in a long while.

Since rumored 3DS/Vita reveals, at least.

This better not disappoint.

What we know so far is that it appears to be a new IP, so we can rule out betrayalton, etc.

So on to the "shocking, you won't believe it" part.

If this statement isn't just an outright lie/troll/publicity stunt and there actually is something surprising, then there can only be two possibilities:

a) A "surprising" developer like Valve/Rockstar etc. is making it.

b) It's a Sony internal project but the gameplay, graphics, or whatever is so good that "you won't believe it."

If its that game we have been seeing trailers for then it is probably from Sony Santa Monica.

Could be that sony has something else though. And a 3rd party could make an exclusive for PS3 if Sony were willing to pay for it. But with Take 2's constant money problems I dont see why they would go the system exclusive route. I'm not even sure why they ever felt like they needed to make The Agent exclusive or why Sony felt entitled to it. "Oh hey sorry Sony about that business deal we made with MS. We will just go ahead and spend a couple of million making an exclusive game for you to make up for it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom