• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

Ah... so that explains why GAF is filled with grumpy old folk. They spend 22 hours bitching about a game they played for 2 hours. If that was reversed, they would be youthful and lively and not prone to always feeling like everything sucks and is awful? :D

Sometimes, I kinda like being a casual gaming fan. Still leaves room for enjoyment of many different things.

Maybe it is a straight collaboration between multiple Sony studios?

Polyphony Digital+SSM doing a new Omega Boost. 1080p 60fps, looks better than GOW3.

I just started cumming uncontrollably.

They still work on 2 to 3 year cycles though. Even longer if they are working on a next generation title/new IP. Whatever they are working on must still be in very early pre-production, and will have only ramped up recently, with much of the Gears staff migrating over.

They wanted to announce something at last year's VGA but for some reason they couldn't.

I'm pretty sure they're more than ready to show whatever :p

They wanted to announce something at last year's VGA but for some reason they couldn't.

I'm pretty sure they're more than ready to show whatever :p

Last year it was Gears Exile, the Kinect game. But Epic is straight out saying new IP, so it won't be what they couldn't show last year.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I dunno but a new game from a first party studio isn't that shocking for me.

What will be shocking is a sequel of an old, but remembered franchise or a 3rd party exclusive.

tusken77

Alright, I just watched the teaser. I can't help but be incredibly excited. Geoff, you've got me, I'm on board. Is it Saturday yet??

Saty

Request for the VGA in general:

Is it possible to have spoiler-free thread of the show where direct videos of the game reveals are provided so that people who aren't going to watch it live will experience it as if they did? It always sucks when you visit GameTrailers to get the trailer only to have the surprises inevitably spoiled.

So is it possible to have direct .wmv links of the trailers or somehow upload them on youtube but with no-telling titles\descriptions?

Huff

Banned
I dunno but a new game from a first party studio isn't that shocking for me.

What will be shocking is a sequel of an old, but remembered franchise or a 3rd party exclusive.

Does the shocking part have to be about the developers? Maybe it has to do more with the actual game.

Boss Man

Is it possible to have spoiler-free thread of the show where direct videos of the game reveals are provided so that people who aren't going to watch it live will experience it as if they did? It always sucks when you visit GameTrailers to get the trailer only to have the surprises inevitably spoiled.

So is it possible to have direct .wmv links of the trailers or somehow upload them on youtube but with no-telling titles\descriptions?
There are usually recordings of the entire show a little while after it's aired. You could probably just ask a few courteous members to PM you a link to one such recording (since if you ask one, they might forget). I'd do it, but my memory sucks and I'm busy with finals. Anything other than checking your PMs, not reading any thread titles, and putting on tunnel vision until you're sitting and watching the video in full-screen mode will probably spoil most of the big surprises.

This was mentioned briefly but worth reiterating in case anyone is doing detective work:

The Ant Farm is a PR company (they do trailers and viral stuff according to the awards listed on their site). This might be confusing to anyone digging because of the ant associated with one of the teaser trailers for the game. Unrelated, apparently.

No one can do anything with directories like this:

?

I was thinking someone might be able to generate enough pointed words/numbers of different formats to hit on something, but then again they might not have anything else in there yet.

I think another place to focus might be that Youtube account that was created in 2006 (wow...). I personally can't think of any way to gather extra info from it, but someone had mentioned that a comment was made on one of teaser videos uploaded by the account and the comment (and the account of the person who commented!) had been deleted. Is Youtube's security weak enough to get something, even if it's just potential leads to the studio location or something? I'd assume not since that stuff is probably handled by Google now, and the people at Google know what they're doing.

Anyway, I'm still sticking to a new IP from Sony Santa Monica that looks good and is doing something unique and creative. It doesn't match the hyperbole much, but I don't think the hyperbole is genuine. 'Shocked' is what doesn't really match here, and 'Unbelievable' would just be very exaggerated. We'll see, I suppose.

V_Ben

Banned

Well, I'm doing the thread for the event itself, but I'll try and make a separate post in that thread and link to it in the OP, with spoiler free links to everything once they go up on youtube... either that or spoiler free URL links to Gametrailers failing that.

The OT for the show should go up on friday, and I'm having some fun writing the descriptions. Shades of when I did a thread for CES for the Sony conference.

Saty

Well, I'm doing the thread for the event itself, but I'll try and make a separate post in that thread and link to it in the OP, with spoiler free links to everything once they go up on youtube... either that or spoiler free URL links to Gametrailers failing that.
Thank you.

Salaadin

I think, at this point, Im more excited for the gaf thread where we all talk about the reveal more than the reveal itself. Its going to be awesome.

Really though, I hope its awesome. Keighly seems pretty excited about it.

dancmc

While I think it is possible that Gears could go to PS3 (more likely PS4) at some point (I think Epic owns the Gears IP, no?); I highly doubt it will go Playstation exclusive after the money/marketing that MS puts into the Gears releases. And Halo on playstation is not possible as MS owns the IP, iirc, no?

I really hope it is from SSM and something new...although I do agree that a new IP does not warrant this type of hyperbole.

Off topic....I really hope Epic's new IP is still very much action oriented...the radical departure comment makes me worried it is some strategy or RPG game....and the platform makes me worried it is either iOS or it is some F2P BS

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm hoping it's a new IP from SSM. I have a feeling that their next game is going to be the PS3's "last hurrah" title while everyone else moves onto PS4 development, like GoW2 was for the PS2.

Busty

Banned
At this point the various back and forth about what it could be just pales into comparison when you look at the larger picture for what does actually constitute a megaton nowadays.

As far as I'm concerned when Gears Of War and (Kojima's numbered) Metal Gear Solid are announced as multi format titles next generation the sun will set on the age of the true megaton.

Only four games to warrant this kind of hype:

Half-Life 3
Diablo 3
MGS5
GTA4

just fixed that for you there.

uTUWz.png

Geoff itself said the game is Last of Us (which might just be a campaign name as of now)
Don't know why people are still discussing between Halo/HL/Diablo if not for fun.

The question is why this game would be such a 'megaton' and a 'shock'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom