• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a never before seen game, people.

nwW2t.gif

SkylineRKR

I remember seeing that very clip on the Planet Earth series too. I looked it up, and actually the clip is also on youtube. This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8&feature=player_detailpage#t=30s

Its on disc 3 of the Planet Earth BR box, chapter Jungles. Its a small feature, and its pretty much mother nature stepping in to keep the population in check so that none of the insect races is gaining the upper hand.

Its rather fascinating shit though.

Zombies wouldn't be the right term for this game if the cordyceps are an indication, but more Las Plagas like.

Lingitiz

Gears of War 3 was polished for like a year.. seemed like they could have shipped it almost in 2010 if not Halo Reach :p

They still work on 2 to 3 year cycles though. Even longer if they are working on a next generation title/new IP. Whatever they are working on must still be in very early pre-production, and will have only ramped up recently, with much of the Gears staff migrating over.

darkwing

Its on disc 3 of the Planet Earth BR box, chapter Jungles. Its a small feature, and its pretty much mother nature stepping in to keep the population in check so that none of the insect races is gaining the upper hand.

Its rather fascinating shit though.

Zombies wouldn't be the right term for this game if the cordyceps are an indication, but more Las Plagas like.

what if one of the thousand kinds of cordyceps fungi decides to adapt to humans

But it can be entertaining at least... I really hope this isnt a move game or that smash bros game, as cool as that sounds

When I think about it, the chances of it being decent are very tiny. The chances of it being decent and not a fps are even smaller. The changes of it being decent and not a fps and not a third person shooter? Well it is hardly worth mentioning.

So lets hype this shit up. I feel I will get more enjoyment out of a massive let-down and the delicious melt-downs to follow.

When I think about it, the chances of it being decent are very tiny. The chances of it being decent and not a fps are even smaller. The changes of it being decent and not a fps and not a third person shooter? Well it is hardly worth mentioning.

So lets hype this shit up. I feel I will get more enjoyment out of a massive let-down and the delicious melt-downs to follow.

PS3 exclusives have a good track record, an amazing track record actually minus a couple misses early its life. so the chances of it being decent are pretty big.

i expect good things :)

Danny-Boy

Just watched Geoff, CAN'T WAIT!!!! He's got me hyped up.

A well known absolutely amazing developer, PS3 exclusive, he can't believe it hasn't been leaked, mind blowing, no one will believe, people will be pretty shocked what's been going on behind the scenes....

I'm still guessing Kojima productions with a remake of Metal Gear 1 or 2 (called it page 1).

A well known absolutely amazing developer, PS3 exclusive, he can't believe it hasn't been leaked, mind blowing, no one will believe, people will be pretty shocked what's been going on behind the scenes....

I'm still guessing Kojima productions with a remake of Metal Gear 1 or 2 (called it page 1).

wow oh boy what a crazy thing to do

Lingitiz

PS3 exclusives have a good track record, an amazing track record actually minus a couple misses early its life. so the chances of it being decent are pretty big.

i expect good things :)

I do hope that this is a big SSM project leading the lineup for next year. I think the PS3 exclusive lineup for next year could be quite good, lots of new and returning IP. Who knows, I thought that this year looked amazing last winter (Socom 4, Killzone 3, etc.) and it ended up being disappointing. Almost every sequel had so much potential but instead felt rushed and fell flat imo.

BeeDog

Personally I won't read too much into his Twitter reply. He might as well just refer to Tomb Raider showing up again, or something along those lines.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Potential studio hint:

studiohint9iade.png

It'd be timely to see something from the GoW team, and while I'm sure that'll be fantastic, I don't know why it would be 'shocking' or fall out of behind-the-scenes goings-on.

Geoff, you wouldn't say these things just to draw in viewers...would you? :puppy-dog

Syn23

Maybe it's totally unrelated but: I linked the two background images on another forum, and when I try to open that thread this pops up:

sCMZS.png

If it isn't obvious it says:
Autentication required
A username and a password are being required from ht tp://last.dev.theantfarm.net. The site reports: "Halt".
Username:
Password:

Where does that url come from?

C'mon now. lets at least be reasonable.

Maybe it's totally unrelated but: I linked the two background images on another forum, and when I try to open that thread this pops up:

sCMZS.png

If it isn't obvious it says:
Autentication required
A username and a password are being required from ht tp://last.dev.theantfarm.net. The site reports: "Halt".
Username:
Password:

Where does that url come from?

Maybe related?

From 1 to Never, what would be the chances of:

Santa Monica x Guerrila Games
Santa Monica x Cambridge
Guerrila Games x Cambridge

All 3 are massive studios (more than 100 employees each?) with massive talent, being that 2 are in Europe and 1 in the US.
Such effort would be unprecedent I guess, and quite a shocker that it hasn't been commented or leaked (which most likely answers that this would never happen haha).
And the graphics could quite possibly be in the hyperbolic realm of "can't believe it's not cg!".

Or this is the Media Molecule game and it's extremely gorey and shocking, and everyone will be "These guys made those cute sackboys? Dear lord!".

Potential studio hint:

studiohint9iade.png

I got it, it's Tomb Raider x Uncharted cross over games made by Ready at Dawn or something. it's half Sony IP so it's PS3 exclusive, you can't believe the behind the scenes to make this crossover possible, it's amazing that it hasn't leak out so far, and Ready At Dawn is a totally amazing and talented developer, and have ties with Sony. it fits.

I got it, it's Tomb Raider x Uncharted cross over games made by Ready at Dawn or something. it's half Sony IP so it's PS3 exclusive, you can't believe the behind the scenes to make this crossover possible, it's amazing that it hasn't leak out so far, and Ready At Dawn is a totally amazing and talented developer, and have ties with Sony. it fits.

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta :D

French

Banned
That wouldn't be very honest to hype something this way and just announce a small game.

I hope it's really a AAA game ( even if it's not a surprise, like GoW IV for example ).

That wouldn't be very honest to hype something this way and just announce a small game.

I hope it's really a AAA game ( even if it's not a surprise, like GoW IV for example ).

I hope it at least got AAA budget. I like games with high production value, you can usually see where the money goes into development, great graphic/animation or lots of content and variety or great cutscenes or robust multiplayer mode, anything.

Wolfie5

Man, I wasn't hyped at all, but that latest teaser really got me hyped... and I don't even own a PS3.

Hopefully it's something good that's console exclusive(meaning it will be on PC as well) and not an MMO.

...should expect dissapointment.

Irish

videogame is the elixir of life. you'll remain a child as long as you play games. don't you know that? Gaf are full of manchildren.

Ah... so that explains why GAF is filled with grumpy old folk. They spend 22 hours bitching about a game they played for 2 hours. If that was reversed, they would be youthful and lively and not prone to always feeling like everything sucks and is awful? :D

Sometimes, I kinda like being a casual gaming fan. Still leaves room for enjoyment of many different things.

Maybe it is a straight collaboration between multiple Sony studios?

monocromo

Hype is like Cordyceps... it infects your head, makes you start posting stupid assumptions. Then it drives you to watch the VGAs... you see those fucking adds. Maybe even a glimpse of the prior Spike's show ("man facts" or whatever). At that point your brain is already dead.

Common sense was lost in the first page of this thread ffs :/

The "behind the scenes" quote is probably only about the fact that this didnt leak in this industry where practically everything is known to a certain degree.

Withnail

Has an EU developed game ever been revealed at the VGAs? I just don't think SCEE would choose the VGAs for a reveal, not least because the show is on in the middle of the night here. If the game is from a Sony owned studio it will be a US one, and that would almost certainly mean it's SSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom