• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Fork

If this game is so mind-blowing why isn't it being saved for E3? :(

VGA's get a bigger audience probably, and maybe the game is marketable to dudebros. Usually games like Last Guardian are saved for E3 since only us peasant nerds watch that.

Anyway I'm hyped. I can't wait to see gaf's reaction if it's something terrible like Tony Hawk exclusive.

Elginer

I'm not falling for this false hype again. Geoff is a great salesman and huckster. I'll watch but I'm not going to dive into this crap again.

VGA's get a bigger audience probably, and maybe the game is marketable to dudebros. Usually games like Last Guardian are saved for E3 since only us peasant nerds watch that.

Anyway I'm hyped. I can't wait to see gaf's reaction if it's something terrible like Tony Hawk exclusive.

It won't be a Tony Hawk exclusive, Activision is a multi-platform publisher.

monocromo

If this game is so mind-blowing why isn't it being saved for E3? :(

Maybe its going to get the Uncharted treatment. Reveal trailer at VGAs, live demo at E3.

Tony Hawk games sells something around 10 copies at full price. Activision isnt going to let go the 5 they sell on X360.

newjeruse

Yeah, dudebro games like Bioshock Infinite and Skyrim.

Basch

What I want to see: Sony Santa Monica's new game, Until Dawn, and David Cage's/Quantic Dream's new game.

What will probably happen: Tony Hawk. :'(

Kyoufu

Why would you wanna wait 6 more months?

I don't, but E3 is usually where some epic announcements are made.

E3 is for disappointments.

Not like this won't be disappointing too :p

Maybe its going to get the Uncharted treatment. Reveal trailer at VGAs, live demo at E3.

That makes sense. If this looks as good as Geoff says it does then it should hopefully be an E3 opening demo for Sony.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Completely already in a final shape/form factor and revealed on stage with gameplay demos.

LOL now that would be mindblowing.

that's what I'm talking about. All this game and studio talk is a distracting people from the bigger picture.

PS4 at the VGAs. believe.

I'm taking this hype train to the next level for maximum disappointment and gaf hilarity

newjeruse

Skyrim has sold enough to be played by the mainstream gamer, and the way Infinite is being marketed, it will end up in the same way, and sell to a wider market.
So? There's a distinction between being an appreciated mainstream game and being stigmatized as a "dudebro" game. There's nothing inherently wrong with being a popular game.

Colocho

Banned
The "Playstation 3 exclusive you won't believe!" tag line, seems like something generic they put up there to get higher ratings, then GAF went mental (as usual) overthinking it and Geoff decided to hype it up.

Anyway, it can't be a new IP or something like that, because then why wouldn't we believe it's exclusive? Sure maybe it's because of a 3rd party developer, but the regular viewer doesn't give a fuck about about developers, so that being the reason doesn't seem feasible.

I'm thinking it's a licensed game (like the South Park RPG), that would be the only "unbelieveable" scenario. 1st party exclusive? Bitch please.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
One thing I'm amazed by in this thread are all the people saying: "Oh, if it's a new IP, then it can't be shocking and amazing!" Are you guys serious? Can you reflect back on what you're saying and see how wrong it is? If you saw one of the trailers for God of War 3 or Uncharted 3 for the first time in your life (meaning, those two would be the very first games in their respective series), would you seriously not be amazed by that ? Or do you say that because you don't even care about games themselves and only care about drama?

Which brings me to everyone saying, "this will have to disappoint due to hyping", etc. Think about it - if this is a new SSM game, like it seems that it is, how could it possibly be unimpressive? Do you really think that people who made 3 GoW games are going to allow themselves to unveil their new game with something that looks underwhelming?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
When Booker told Miss Big Boobs "I'll be back.", jumped on a roller coaster, shot fifty dudes, and then blew up a zeppelin, I felt the game really showed a level of sophistication and class that you just don't get in other blockbuster titles.

BioShock Infinite is clearly not fit for the VGA audience.

So? There's a distinction between being an appreciated mainstream game and being stigmatized as a "dudebro" game. There's nothing inherently wrong with being a popular game.

Correct, but I think many people equate dudebro to mainstream. I tend to do that, if people say something is dudebro, I'm thinking it is because it has sold past a million copies and is something the mainstream is aware of.

At least, that is what I feel the word has become to mean and not the classical dudebro sense.

TheOddOne

When Booker told Miss Big Boobs "I'll be back.", jumped on a roller coaster, shot fifty dudes, and then blew up a zeppelin, I felt the game really showed a level of sophistication and class that you just don't get in other blockbuster titles.

BioShock Infinite is clearly not fit for the VGA audience.
Bitches need saving bro, shoot these guys with guns n shit and chew bubble gum.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright, now this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out there but...

Skyward Sword on PS3 with move?

Ninty probably doesn't want to pull a dual-platform thing again like they did with Twilight Princess, but they still see the profit in an HD version of the game with better controls, so they work with Sony to develop a Move version for the PS3.

Boom. Never saw it coming, mega announcement.

Exactly, nothing mind-blowing about that no matter what type of game it is.

Seriously think Geoff is playing us here.

While the statement: "1st party exclusive" isn't unbelievable, nor "Sony 1st party game that looks amazing" isn't either (let's be honest, Sony 1st party is expected already to look amazing), it's is perfect plausible that a new IP that tries something different, be it in gameplay, tone or genre (or all the elements) and has superb visual quality may be nothing short of amazing.
But there may be an extra "spice" to it, be it a studio collaboration, a external (famous) director, a (real) star ensemble. All which could help it achieve a "megaton" status.

1st party can't be megaton? Bitch please.

TheOddOne

Alright, now this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out there but...

Skyward Sword on PS3 with move?

Ninty probably doesn't want to pull a dual-platform thing again like they did with Twilight Princess, but they still see the profit in an HD version of the game with better controls, so they work with Sony to develop a Move version for the PS3.

Boom. Never saw it coming, mega announcement.
I think iOS has a better chance.

At first I was hoping it was a new SSM game but I think I would be more interested in new QD game as weird as that sounds. I guess its because I've only seen the team do GoW (even though they are amazing) where with QD, I feel like the game can be anything. We'll see, I'm controlling the hype though :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wasn't the teaser site supposed to be updated today? Please tell me it was not just the background image.

DasTanK

This is out there but does anyone else think it could possibly be a new Splinter Cell thats exclusive to the ps3 like Conviction was exclusive to the 360?

Something like Sam Fisher getting called back into action or a new agent trying to stop a terrorist group that weaponized the cordyceps to wipe out the citizens of the US. Or a Syphon Filter game with the same concept.

AAK

Damn...I wake up and they send more teases???

3212287928_0ebc2f22b1.jpg

Hmmm. More than likely will not happen, but would be interesting if lastofus.com was updated slightly each day leading up to Saturday. Hype levels would be ridiculous.

This is out there but does anyone else think it could possibly be a new Splinter Cell thats exclusive to the ps3 like Conviction was exclusive to the 360?

Something like Sam Fisher getting called back into action or a new agent trying to stop a terrorist group that weaponized the cordyceps to wipe out the citizens of the US. Or a Syphon Filter game with the same concept.

Pretty sure Splinter Cell 6 is multi-platform, since Ubisoft Toronto is hiring for programmers with experience on all platforms, including PC.

rvy

Banned
3 more days for disappointment total.

Also, I don't remember Kamiya doing VGAs, so RISING should be fun. With TTP's ass on the line and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom