• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globox_82

Banned
Define bright light. There are other pretty good selling IPs in Sony's hand. Uncharted 2 sold pretty much in line with GoW3 in the US for instance.

You didn't hear? US = world and if it doesn't sell 15 million = flop. that is especially the case with PS3

Globox_82

Banned
I hope Geoff isn't hyping "behind the scenes" if it's just another first party game.

that there bugs me the most. Hard to believe it is first party in that case. Would make no sense what so ever.
Wow Sony first party is making.....new IP for PS3....behind the scenes...nooooh?!!!

This crap is starting to irk me!

NINJA EDIT: I got it! They will announce a reasonable patch for PC/PS3 Skyrim! That's it! Indeed very surprising!

"Behind the scenes" could imply some kind of partnership, but could also just be hype speak for "making a game in secrecy."

KEIGHLEY AND HIS HYPE SPEAK!! *shakes fist*

"Behind the scenes" could imply some kind of partnership, but could just be hype speak for "making a game in secrecy" which could mean anything...

KEIGHLEY AND HIS HYPE SPEAK!! *shakes fist*

Exactly. Any of these examples of a past post of mine

(...) be it a studio collaboration, a external (famous) director, a (real) star ensemble.
For a supposedly massive project, that happened in secrecy *behind the scenes* could be 'shocking'.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
If WoW was ported to the PS3, would the internet go nuts?

Raoh

Doubt it, MMO costs in the hundreds of millions, no way Sony would take that kind of risk, MAYBE open-world, even then it's very, very risky.

Aren't MMO's the reason SOE exists?

I mean yeah, WoW is huge but Sony had success with Everquest prior to WoW and one of the big deals about SOE merging into the PlayStation brand was to bring mmo's to the console.

People are still paying Sony for access to Everquest Online Adventures on the PS2 actually.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Was about to post this.

So both Epic and Sony are showing new IP, at VGAs. Epic from the Gears of War team, Sony from 'an amazing developer'. Epic's is a departure for them and are being coy about platform. Both are showing the games in trailer form.

Uh-huh.

<insert straw clutching image here>

But really, something LIKE Epic or the Gears team working on a PS3 exclusive would warrant 'shocking' etc. Something LIKE SSM working on a PS3 exclusive is not shocking.

Maybe it'll be War of Gears, in which every level is reversed, and you hide IN FRONT of cover instead of behind it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
At least on the bright side we know Grace Chen is the one running the last of us website now. Update, if there is one, probably won't be coming for another 7 hours or so shrug.

TheOddOne

Props to supererogatory.

Senior Combat Designer
Qualifications:
• Experience using a text-based scripting language to set-up character logic.
• Basic knowledge of scripting languages and code (e.g., XML, C++, PERL) is preferred but not required.
• Must be able to grasp and work with code-based proprietary tools to implement and troubleshoot assigned characters.
• Must have knowledge of competitive products and various gameplay genres, as well as a personal understanding of video game fun.
• Experience working with, developing or designing for a 1st and/or 3rd person shooter genre a plus.
• Experience working with, developing or designing vehicle combat in a game also a plus.
• Must possess quality written communication skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts. Ability to think logically with a strong level of attention to detail.
• Must be able to professionally communicate and work with other members of the game production team (both internally and externally).
• Must have excellent communication while still keeping the overall vision of the game in mind.
• At least 4 years in game development, with at least 2 years in Combat or Character Design (creative and technical) specific role.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.

Level Designer
• Possess comprehensive knowledge of Maya, engine tools and processes, or other 3D world building software. Fundamental knowledge of game design and ability to implement 3D environment building, entities, rough cameras, creating gameplay scenarios, using design system tools as needed.
• Fundamental knowledge of game design and ability to implement 3D environment building, entities, rough cameras, creating gameplay scenarios, using design system tools as needed
• Experience in designing or contributing to the development of an "open world" game is a plus.
• 4+ years in game development, with at least 2+ years in Level Design specific role.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.

Kyon

Banned
You didn't hear? US = world and if it doesn't sell 15 million = flop. that is especially the case with PS3
yup, that's why i just ignore the people who say Sony 1st party games "flop" for this reason alone. Cant take them seriously

PLZ don't be a FPS and i am open to everything other than that genre

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think the game will have some massively multiplayer elements.

I also want to speculate that the shocking secret/behind the scenes whatever suggests that Sony has already installed data related to this game on everyone's PS3s, or has somehow been using the online player base to do something. I don't know what.

If the cordyceps thing is to be taken literally, this would be a cool implementation of the idea.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I can't believe

GTAV - exclusive
RE6 - exclusive
Gears - exclusive
HL3 - exclusive

Neither would you believe ( see : expect )

My little pony -exclusive
Postal 4 - exclusive
Big Rigs 2012 - exclusive
South park rpg - exclusive
Call of Juarez : Call of duty - exclusive
Michael Phelps push the limit 2 - exclusive

Just saying, these shitty teases end up delivering 0.000000000000001% of the time, and fail the rest.

Maybe this is the Rockstar Exclusive PS3 owners have seemed to be promised for years. Manhunt 3 or a Grand Theft Auto 3 Remake or something weird?

Who knows?

What about a ridiculous Jet Moto NEXT or something? Everyone has wanted Jet Moto for more than a Decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom