• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...anyone remember this rumor from E3 2009?
PSU said:
According to the Examiner, Epic Games and Sony are preparing for a huge announcement on Tuesday -- the reveal of a new PS3 exclusive that will release this winter. The title is supposedly a horror title that will utilize a "more refined" version of the Unreal Engine 3. Other than that, very little is known about the rumored game.

Outside of the new title, it will be interesting to see when Epic Games finally pulls the veil off of the Unreal Engine 4, as it has supposedly been in the works for over five years.

With Sony's E3 09 Press Conference only a few days away, it won't be long until we see if this rumor actually comes true. The last title from Epic that appeared on the PS3 was Unreal Tournament 3, which had an eight month timed exclusivity window before appearing on the Xbox 360.

http://www.psu.com/Rumor--Sony-and-Epic-Games-to-announce-new-PS3-exclusive--a007405-p0.php

A 3rd party IP being developed by a 1st party studio would be "shocking" and "behind the scenes" and all that jazz Geoff keeps talking about.

Globox_82

Banned
Why? Have they ever made good story with interesting characters?

I loved the way KZ2 presented itself, controls and all. Loved it. If they made a game that looked and controlled like KZ2 but was in a world like FarCry2 with solid MP, I'd be all over it. They could bring someone in to make sure they didn't fuck the story up with terrible dialog.

Please.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
You know what, let's hype it up since this is the only enjoyment we're going to get out of this "reveal"

:

Valve game
Marathon reboot by bungie
Dungeon Keeper 3
Bayonetta 2
Resident evil 6 ( a serious reboot by the team, no co-op, back to the mansion, best gaaem ev0r )
Battletoads
New Hideo Kojima game
New Kamiya game
John Carmack game that brings back the glory days of Id
Grim fandango 2
New viewtiful joe game

There, if it's not one of these than it's a disappointathon.

isnt the website meant to get a update today?

Hurry up!

Oh and wasnt Gorilla meant to be hard at work on a new IP?

Im starting to get the feeling its gonna be the premise of the game and the trailer thats the surprising part and not that its a unexpected developer like Epic.

Maybe its has a great undeniable hook like that first LBP demo or that first real Killzone 2 footage.

http://twitter.com/#!/therealcliffyb/status/143781407406301184

Cliffy is not technically "working" on this news IP. It´s directed by this guy http://twitter.com/#!/MrLeePerry

So Clifford isnt working on the new IP but he is gonna be at the show to announce it because he is CliffyB and the camera loves him? Or is he gonna announce something else?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
i want to find out what Ready at Dawn is working on so bad.
and we know it is for PS3 new IP
http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewjobrss.asp?cjid=27835&accountno=68219
WHo knows maybe it's them

I was considering this earlier, but I thought their game was still multiplatform.

Given that the Gamasutra posting makes it clear that it's not, I think you have a strong chance of being right.

They're a like a 40 person studio, so they would need a lot of help from Santa Monica, which would make the SCEA part of this make a lot of sense.

thuway

isnt the website meant to get a update today?

Hurry up!

Oh and wasnt Gorilla meant to be hard at work on a new IP?

Im starting to get the feeling its gonna be the premise of the game and the trailer thats the surprising part and not that its a unexpected developer like Epic.

Maybe its has a great undeniable hook like that first LBP demo or that first real Killzone 2 footage.

So Clifford isnt working on the new IP but he is gonna be at the show to announce it because he is CliffyB and the camera loves him? Or is he gonna announce something else?
Yes.

I want a gripping, stealthy zombie game if it has to have zombies. I don't want military weapons and hordes thrown at me to mow down.

I want to he trapped on an upper floor of a building needing to get across the street. If I bump into something, it alerts the zombies downstairs and they shuffle upstairs looking for me. Options at my disposal include barricading the stairs, hiding, or fending for my life with whatever I find as a weapon.

If I do manage to make it downstairs undetected, I now need to be stealthy and watch for zombie "patrol" patterns. Or skip the scripted ai and force me to create distractions to clear a way to my target destination. Throw objects, set up traps, etc.

Want.

darkwing

I want a gripping, stealthy zombie game if it has to have zombies. I don't want military weapons and hordes thrown at me to mow down.

I want to he trapped on an upper floor of a building needing to get across the street. If I bump into something, it alerts the zombies downstairs and they shuffle upstairs looking for me. Options at my disposal include barricading the stairs, hiding, or fending for my life with whatever I find as a weapon.

If I do manage to make it downstairs undetected, I now need to be stealthy and watch for zombie "patrol" patterns. Or skip the scripted ai and force me to create distractions to clear a way to my target destination. Throw objects, set up traps, etc.

Want.

it's called Siren

THE:MILKMAN

To turn up the hype to close you're eyes and run like fuck level, I propose the following possibility
Fantasy:(
:

A game with the combined efforts of...

SSM
GG
Epic
Valve
Kojima
ND

Each developer to contribute their best asset. eg: GG= Graphics ND= Animation ect, to create the best game EVER. Hence: "PS3 Exclusive you won't believe."

Don't let me down Geoff, you promised.

spats

Want.

Yeah, that's really making me want to replay Blood Curse.

_AWESOME_ game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hmm. A collaboration between the two studios would make sense, and it would be an exciting developer to see making a PS3 game.

Most people don't know Ready At Dawn either, so it would make sense to sell them as an "Amazing Developer" instead of just saying "Ready At Dawn".

V_Ben

Banned
Most people don't know Ready At Dawn either, so it would make sense to sell them as an "Amazing Developer" instead of just saying "Ready At Dawn".

Technically, the game is also a new project from a God of War team. So that would make the Keighley tweet make sense.

Globox_82

Banned
This is from a year ago. Reading this maybe that isn't the case (that RAD is working on The Last of Us)

Independent studio Ready at Dawn – the developer behind upcoming PSP game God of War: Ghost of Sparta – said fans can expect a reveal "soon".

"We haven't narrowed down mechanics," RAD co-founder, creative director and ex-Blizzard staffer Ru Weerasuriya told Eurogamer this afternoon.

"I love playing story driven games. I love movies. I love things that involve me from start to end and give me a complete experience.

"That's where our heads are. It's definitely that kind of game we're going to make. We're not going to go off and make an open world, or an MMO, like everybody expects ex-Blizzard people to do.

"We know what we'd like and we know what we're good at."

Sounds a bit like Naughty Dog's stupendous PS3 exclusive Uncharted 2, doesn't it?

"It's the kind of game we're going to make," Weerasuriya said. "I'm just glad they did it first. It should prove to everybody it's doable and it's worth doing that kind of stuff."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-25-gow-psp-dev-making-new-game-from-own-ip
-------------------

So they are most likely working on a exclusive for Sony, but not this one...agh who knows. Geoff just spill it who is working on it!?

If it has anything to do with zombies, please be like Demon/Dark Souls (unforgiving, auto-save, if you screw it up, you lose everything, etc) but with zombies, please, please, please ;_;!

Want.

This description so closely resembles Siren it made me laugh out loud :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom