• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

OXLi0.gif

holy shit :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I don't know man,i'm not a graphics expert but this almost looks real to me...
Look at the jaggies on the leave veins; especially the one with light shining through it. Look at the edges of each individual leave as well. Pretty sure it's in-game now or in-engine at least.

Horror game huh? Not that into zombie games but I'll play it as long as it turns out great. Looking forward to the reveal.

Suzzopher

Ideal game for me would be, an open world Zombie action adventure. Where a day/night cycle affects the limitations of how the player gets through the environments.

I'mma say RE reboot with a new, super serious tone. Exclusivity wouldn't be nuts if it's only this gen-specific. Could be ported to Wii U and 720 as a launch title for those consoles.

sublimit

Banned
Look at the jaggies on the leave veins; especially the one with light shining through it.

Yeah that's why i said almost...
Still i'd have never believed that a current gen console would be able to perform this kind of graphics.Even if it's a render from the dev kits.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If that screen is really in game it pretty much confirms that Santa Monica or Epic, with an improved PS3 focused version of UE3, have to be making it. I hadn't watched the teasers before but I'm officially hyped now. I really hope that this is a serious horror game.

hmmm i'm guessing the "wouldn't believe" hype must be because it does something very VERY different from other horror games OR because the graphics are THAT damn amazing.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Well if nothing else, Dead Island proved the value of creating a balls-out, knock-em-dead trailer. From the looks of things this is coming from devs with far deeper cash and technology reserves than Techland... so...

Shiteeee I can't wait to find this out already. It was always my dream game to have an open-world-ish legit survival game. Dead Island flopped for what I wanted. Maybe this can be it?

Isn't it all but confirmed a Resident Evil 6 is in production that will take place in China?

Sounds like it's a good possibility the whole world's fucked in this game. I could see different chapters taking place in different parts of the world, surveying the devastation and fighting to survive as a local survivor. Good way of putting a fine point on a dramatic, personal element. That'd explain "Chinese Zombie".

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'mma say RE reboot with a new, super serious tone. Exclusivity wouldn't be nuts if it's only this gen-specific. Could be ported to Wii U and 720 as a launch title for those consoles.

In what world does Capcom forgo 360 and (maybe) PC sales? What possible benefit is there for them to reboot RE and make it exclusive to the PS3 until next generation consoles launch? Why plan to sell your game as a launch title on new consoles with no install base when you've got 10s of millions of 360s ready to go?

Replicant

LOL. The site is now down. Probably purposely taken down to prevent GAF detective from sniffing into their image directory before they can restrict access.

Sounds like it's a good possibility the whole world's fucked in this game. I could see different chapters taking place in different parts of the world, surveying the devastation and fighting to survive as a local survivor. Good way of putting a fine point on a dramatic, personal element. That'd explain "Chinese Zombie".
Well shit, this would be game of the forever material. Thinking about it, it's kind of the natural evolution of the series to have a global pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom