• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be very surprised if it's not a new I.P
There's nothing at all in these teasers to suggest it's from a current franchise, the game is probably called The Last of Us

Well shit, this would be game of the forever material. Thinking about it, it's kind of the natural evolution of the series to have a global pandemic.

The newstand pic did make me realize that RE has always been oddly localized with its outbreaks. 99% of the world's pop. isn't affected by word one of the events in those games. Going serious and global would be a great way of getting people hype for the franchise again.

siarraweb

I was thinking of something else...

how about...

left 4 dead 3?

with the half-life ep. 3 engine?

made by valve?

wouldn't that make sense with everything?

a game of zombies... check.
awesome graphics (new valve engine)... check
made by an amazing studio... check.
game you wouldn't expect as ps3 exclusive?... check

Kyoufu

how about...

left 4 dead 3?

made by valve?

The teasers don't suggest a multi-player game at all.

Valve wouldn't abandon their Steam userbase for PS3. Stop thinking Valve will ever do a PS3 exclusive.

left 4 dead 3?

No. It wouldn't be registered or marketed by SCEA. So no.

----

The scream is very human at the end.

The tap tap tap sound likes a dented mechanism spinning. I'd say a cord motor, but the sound is too slow. Which would lead to my second guess, he is dialing on a rotary phone.

how about...

left 4 dead 3?

made by valve?

eh it MIGHT fit some of the premise of the game, but definitely doesn't fit the teasers themselves, and what geoff is implying.

oh god if it's like the walking dead the game it would be amazing.

have to take down zombies silently, any gun shot will alert the rest of them. avoiding huge herds and hiding in lockers and dingy storage closets!

that would be so good!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

how about...

left 4 dead 3?

made by valve?

This criterion is nonsense and based on the misinterpretation of Keighley's words. The "you won't believe thing" is most likely part of the games PR tagline. Keighley was just parroting it.

Furthermore, there are a million things that you wouldn't expect as a PS3 exclusive. It doesn't narrow down the options in a meaningful way, so it should be ignored.

Lastly, what would be in it for Valve? Valve does whatever Valve wants, and releasing a big game with a new version of Source exclusively on PS3 is not something Valve, or anyone but Sony, would want.

Replicant

Even if it's an interesting game, I still don't understand what makes this game a "(PS3) game you won't believe". I mean, what's so special about it? The developer? The game concept itself? The graphic? The exclusivity nature?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
foliage growing sim

TLOU_GROWTH2.jpg

TLOU_GROWTH3.jpg

Kyoufu

Even if it's an interesting game, I still don't understand what makes this game a "(PS3) game you won't believe". I mean, what's so special about it? The developer? The game concept itself? The graphic? The exclusivity nature?

We don't know anything about the game. It could be the most ambitious survival horror game ever.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
heres a fucking load of development money go make me something ne... oh. you've made another post apocalyptic zombie game. Well done. I'll just put this with all the others shall I?

THE:MILKMAN

The teasers don't suggest a multi-player game at all.

Valve wouldn't abandon their Steam userbase for PS3. Stop thinking Valve will ever do a PS3 exclusive.

I agree. The only way it would have any chance of happening is if there was a massive moneyhat. And Sony especially, doesn't have a hat, never mind money.

KingDizzi

Banned
The screenshot is pretty so that rules out it being a Valve game anyway. So long as it's not a move only game I'll be happy but would rather it was a proven first party developer like SSM making the game.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I really like the fact that they went with nature taking over theme rather than that post-apocalyptic bullshit setting. Nature always takes over baby, even during a zombie outbreak.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I wonder if this is the same thing as that Plastic/Sony Santa Monica collaboration. Oddly reminding me of that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really hope the title is The Last of Us. It makes it sounds like it'll be much more focused on the survivors/disaster aspect of a zombie apocalypse instead of just the zombie parts. I really hope that's the case.

pft wrong images.

The fact that both shots are also showing the sky makes me think of possibly an airborn virus or insect swarms or aliens though so I dunno. If it's anything like EDFS2 on PS2 then I want my jetpack girl.

Anth0ny

Expectations are pretty low right now.

Unless fucking Nintendo is developing this game, I'm not sure why Geoff is making such a huge deal about it. Guess I'll just have to wait and see on Saturday.

Blizzard

Banned
Expectations are pretty low right now.

Unless fucking Nintendo is developing this game, I'm not sure why Geoff is making such a huge deal about it. Guess I'll just have to wait and see on Saturday.
Maybe this is a mean or ignorant thing to say, but how many times has Geoff given hints about a game, and people were very excited and happy and agreeing with him once the game was revealed?

Has it happened a lot? I never followed his Twitter. :/

You can tell those are from the same location in the engine/game. In Growth2" the lens is just zoomed in. The far foliage in Growth3 is exactly the same as growth 2. That makes me think of a sniper rifle. The fact that both shots are also showing the sky makes me think of possibly an airborn virus or insect swarms or aliens though so I dunno. If it's anything like EDFS2 on PS2 then I want my jetpack girl.

The videos on their website suggest spores, so they could be airborne.
I wonder if they have a whole infection mechanic with you slowly becoming more zombie-like. Spores take a while to infest an organism, slowly influencing even their behaviour.
Scary stuff.

Dat foilage...

looks like Unreal Engine 3. Noooooo.

PS3 exclusive you won't believe from an amazing developer that will blow you away...

sells less than 200k in one full month. Thanks NPD!

Kyoufu

For all the shit zombie games get in this thread, I'd like a zombie game with massive production values/overall quality.

Something we haven't had yet this generation. So consider me hyped if this is going to be that.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
THE FIRST ant video has been changed? Blacks out halfway through, bit of eerie music, clicking noise and guy makes a noise then something else screams.

kevm3

Might be one of those in-game cutscenes. If that's real-time, that's the sweetest lighting I've seen this generation.

Luthos

Sounds like it's a good possibility the whole world's fucked in this game. I could see different chapters taking place in different parts of the world, surveying the devastation and fighting to survive as a local survivor. Good way of putting a fine point on a dramatic, personal element. That'd explain "Chinese Zombie".

World War Z style? That would be awesome.

guys, focus less on Geoff Keighley hype machine and more on the actual teaser video and images. first of all, horror game is a dying breed these days, to actually get a big budget survival horror is exciting in itself. I'm really hype now, and it's not because of keighlley.

guys, focus less on Geoff Keighley hype machine and more on the actual teaser video and images. first of all, horror game is a dying breed these days, to actually get a big budget survival horror is exciting in itself. I'm really hype now, and it's not because of keighlley.

It just depends on whether or not this is a legitimate horror game or an action game that takes place in a horror setting. This isn't going to be a horror game in the sense that you're asking for if it's about battling through waves and waves of enemies.

Does anybody else smell Bungie?

"What's been going on behind the scenes" is a pretty strong hint as Bungie has been pretty dead the past couple of months.

Bungie ps3 exclusive? Zombies? Bungie loves zombies so that's cool, but a ps3 exclusive would be pretty powerful. Then again, probably not, since Bungie said their next game would be something like, "We want to make a world you can take with you, anywhere you go", so unless those plans changed; it might not be likely.

Then there's the ARG website and we know how much bungie loves them post-apocalyptic ARGs.

And finally, Halo Reach was announced at the VGAs a couple years ago.

Does anybody else smell Bungie?

"What's been going on behind the scenes" is a pretty strong hint as Bungie has been pretty dead the past couple of months.

Bungie ps3 exclusive? Zombies? Bungie loves zombies so that's cool, but a ps3 exclusive would be pretty powerful. Then again, probably not, since Bungie said their next game would be something like, "We want to make a world you can take with you, anywhere you go", so unless those plans changed; it might not be likely.

Then there's the ARG website and we know how much bungie loves them post-apocalyptic ARGs.

And finally, Halo Reach was announced at the VGAs a couple years ago.

Bungie is working with activision for a brand new IP that "should" be the next " moneyMaker" for the publisher (aka multiplatform) ... and there is one little thing to consider :

"activision spent a LOT of money in order to build this partnership with Bungie "

imho it's easier see HL3+3 DLC ps3 exclusive than a game from bungie

Bollocks

I'm SO hyped about this, it's through the roof!
All the speculation about survival horror, move as flashlight, weird real life bacteria adds up to one hell of a game concept.
This is Sony, they never disappointed me, that's why I never rely on anything but PlayStation, Saturday can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom