• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Luigi U |OT| I do it !

nubbe

Played a few levels and it is pretty awesome.
pretty stressful time limit and Luigi is wonky but yet perfectly controllable

Will get the box too for collectors value :p

LOL, I can't believe all the people buying both the digital and physical copies. I respect the enthusiasm, but do your saves transfer between the two versions?

Teknoman

So they didnt edit the boss patterns to be more challenging? Iggy's fight in NSMBU was pretty cool, so I was hoping they'd do more like that.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
1) Do the Toads and Nabbit control like Luigi, do they have "normal" Mario controls, or are they different?
2) Do you have to play as Luigi in singleplayer?

AGoodODST

Nice snappy download.

Played the first few courses. Like what I've played so far. Courses are extremely short to fit in with the 100 second time limit, but if the challange is right that shouldn't be to much of issue. We'll see.

Can be a little tricky finding all the star coins within the time limit, which adds to the difficulty a bit.

There also appears to be a hidden Luigi in each stage. I've run into quite a few of them.

qR4Wb78.jpg

Robin64

Surprised to see basically nothing about this on gaming sites. Miyamoto is right, nobody cares to write about games anymore, just policies.

Jackano

Surprised to see basically nothing about this on gaming sites. Miyamoto is right, nobody cares to write about games anymore, just policies.

Wait a little. Usually gaming sites have games a couple weeks before release. I don't think they had access to Luigi U before everyone else so it needs time to play the game and write abotu it.

AGoodODST

Still not out for some people? That's weird.

I like all the little Luigified backrounds and platforms that populate the levels. Eases my frustration at not being able to find a Star Coin :(

The animation for jumping while crouched makes me smile.

EcJcIt7.jpg

To the people who've played this so far, how would you compare it to NSMBU in terms of it's price and such. I don't currently have either but have played a fair bit of NSMBU, not sure whether or not to pick this up seperately (I like the idea of shorter more challenging levels) or just get NSMBU (or probably both in the end).

I don't see why you would own a Wii U and not get NSMBU. Get it already. You'll be able to get the Luigi add-on right away instead of waiting for the standalone version.

AGoodODST

I've not found any secret exits yet, but the levels that had them are now completely different so maybe I've missed them.

The levels are also incredibly short. Like, shorter than SMB3 short.

Shahadan

Almost finished? I assume the same levels in NSMBU that have secret to open new routes are the same levels in NSLU that have secrets too?

I found two in the same levels as before, and since the map hasn't changed anyway I assume it works for the others as well.
But I've played every world, even if I didn't do many star coins. So "finished" more as a broad view of the content :p
Will definitely go back for the star coins, that's half the fun after all.

15 because of a 5 Euro voucher?
Yeah the Premium discount thing. Apparently many people forgot this was a thing so if you bought some eshop games remember to look on the website.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But I'm busy with Animal Crossing.

To be fair, I'm hitting the point where Animal Crossing doesn't need my full attention and a new game for my Wii U would be nice (I'm mostly not getting them due to price rather than a lack of them)

Kouriozan

Just finished the water world now, and it's really getting difficult.
Also, some of the castle/tower are just plain evil, you can die easily.

Is this not on the Australian eshop yet or is it just me?

Hilariously, there is a massive advert saying it's available on the eshop front page, but when I click on it, I get a no software message.

:(

Top Bottom