• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Luigi U |OT| I do it !

Bog

Junior Ace
Honestly, I'm pleasy surprised by the game and its challenge. I've just reached the last world, but the level design is awesome and has some "Lost Levels" feeling.

Another 8-bit Luigi :)

zlCfzRBcAuw-ZygjFM

Dude, slow down. Savor it.

Theorymon

Hell yes, the Patch is finally out in the US! Can't fucking wait to get some more 2D Mario (well, Luigi in this case), that stuff is like crack to me!

aechris

My favourite part of today isn't the DLC not being available in NA right away, but the "Nothing is available for purchase at this time" message I get after clicking the Luigi U icon at the title screen.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Can't decide if I should 5-star first, or go straight for mr. Luigi?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
My NSMBU isn't updating to 1.3.0

This is very obnoxious

For some weird reason when I started the game on the main plaza screen as opposed to the one on the main menu it jumped me right into the update.

EDIT: oh and the DLC is up. I'm at 15% downloaded right now.

jlscool

If you can't get the update to start downloading, you can force it by removing the 1.2.0 update in the settings under data management. Just don't delete the save data, only the update data.

Well I managed to get the DLC started downloading and it went fast to the halfway mark and now it's crawling at an unbelievably slow pace for the 2nd half. Guess the crowd found out it was released finally, haha.

Finished 3 worlds. It's not too bad, but the fact that all the courses are short courses really hurt it. It seems to me that they're too short to really be extremely difficult. They're not a walk in the park, but it's not as hard as I was hoping.

Right now I feel like anyone trying to decide between this and the original NSMBU game should definitely get NSMBU and not NSLU.

Eric C

Finally it's after 12!

• Download the 1.3.0 update
  • Go on the eShop and purchase the NSLU DLC
  • Download NSLU DLC
  • INSTALL NSLU

oh crap it's already 12:50 :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Trying to get it now but, man, the Nintendo online experience is really really bad. For some reason I was expecting things to be somewhat ironed out but everything is slow and constantly pushes you into walls. It's so frustrating. I've been trying to buy it for like 20 minutes and I'm still waiting to even get to that point.

DR2K

Banned
Trying to get it now but, man, the Nintendo online experience is really really bad. For some reason I was expecting things to be somewhat ironed out but everything is slow and constantly pushes you into walls. It's so frustrating. I've been trying to buy it for like 20 minutes and I'm still waiting to even get to that point.

Pretty smooth process for me thankfully.

Not sure what I feel about the 100 time limit, I like taking my time. . .

zroid

Banned
have you guys tried pressing the "test software update" button within download management settings? maybe that will help trigger it when you launch NSMBU next.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Nintendo's update system is terrible

Download the patch for NSMBU.
Wait for the patch to install.
Go into game
Hit icon and go to store
buy content in store (going through like 20 menus in the process)
wait for download
exit game, go back into game
wait for download to install

This has taken me about 50 minutes so far.

jmro

So does the patch actually let you use the Pro controller?

I was playing last night and my gamepad died and I had to actually stop playing because I didn't want to run an extension cord to plug it in.

codhand

deleted old mario update, reinstalled it.

every time i hit Home button it tells me "data finished installing" yeah, sure.

still get the error.

mothra faulker!

Ridley327

Only played up to the first fort, but the challenge is definitely as advertised, especially when it comes to getting the star coins in the time limit. One thing that will help you out in the fort/castles is that getting to the boss door will give you a 100 second extension, so don't feel like you're being too rushed through those levels.

zroid

Banned
Man does anyone else find it REALLY jarring that your jump height actually decreases while riding Yoshi? It's a strange feeling.

HeySeuss

For those asking about pro controller plus, the motion twist jump is mapped to R.

Haven't got far enough as of yet to speak on the motion platforms(if there are any).

Murrah

Banned
Man does anyone else find it REALLY jarring that your jump height actually decreases while riding Yoshi? It's a strange feeling.

Yep. Having to adjust to Luigi physics adds to the difficulty more than the actual level design, and then getting on Yoshi after you finally start getting used to it really screws everything up. But it's not a complaint, I think it's pretty funny

Played through the first two worlds, but haven't gotten all the star coins/secret exits since I usually save that for later. I dunno how I feel yet. The level design is brilliant at times, but I feel like the 100 second timer is a detriment to the game, and that's coming from someone who thought the strict time limit was actually gonna be a good thing going into it. The castles have been my favorite, especially world 2 castle; first time Luigi's slip-slideyness really messed up my playing in a major way, but again, in a more fun(ny) way than frustrating

But I definitely feel like the level design is the most inventive 2-D Mario has been in a while. Relies more on, like...set pieces? Maybe that's not the right word. Everything feels like it's going really fast, and there tends to be way more moving parts going on at any given time than in any of the other NSMB games. Looking forward to playing more tonight

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
how is the d-pad (feel+placement) on the pro-controller anyway? Similar to the gamepad's? For reference, I think the 360 d-pad is pretty terrible.

The 100 second timer does add an issue where just as a stage gets going its all over, it's almost too bite sized at times for my liking and it stings a bit when the actual stages are fun for the short time they last.
Just done World 5, so far i've found the towers pretty interesting as far as level design goes.

I do wish the spin was mapped to ZR and ZL as well as R and L but thats just a minor complaint, otherwise I'm liking the Pro controller support and have Luigi U downloading in the background.

shawnlreed

If you can't get the update to start downloading, you can force it by removing the 1.2.0 update in the settings under data management. Just don't delete the save data, only the update data.

This was seriously helpful.
People need to look at this.
I downloaded the game update but it was obviously not the correct one, and so the Wii U eshop would not let me download the DLC. Following the above instructions fixed everything.
Thank god for the internet and GAF.

Top Bottom