• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros. U |OT| My Bah-dy is Ready

Advert three was so good, they brought in the Magmaargh from SMG2, I wonder if any other Galaxy enemies turn up.
I'm glad to also see the humongous Bullet Bills back.

Feep

Banned
Just FYI, my review will be up when the embargo date passes.

This will be my final review. Like, ever. = (

BowieZ

Banned
Just played the 3 level demo on the Gold Coast today! It's so good!

Squirrel Mario takes about 2-3 mins to get the hang of and then it's a real joy!

I did find all the various menu options in the demo alternating between looking at tv and pad a bit unintuitive but I hope it's just an issue with the prototype demo

codhand

animation97fdiq9.gif

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Best part of the video.

If the game has a lot of crazy moments like that, it will be worth it.

Too much of the other stuff seems derivative or expected.

I like how Nintendo throws the most original stuff out in some split-second footage. It's almost like they do it on purpose

Drago

Download card for Japan.

cGUYt.jpg

Shame this really only exists in Japan. All we get in America (apparently) is just a code on a receipt. :(

I won't be going digital at all for retail games on WiiU, but for 3DS where I am more likely to have DD games, these cards would be so nice so I could have something physical about the downloaded game. lol

No it doesn't. It looks better. Just those two enemies aren't new. That looks like it will be a very hard level.

I dunno, to me it just looked like they took enemies from NSMBWii and plopped them on a new backdrop. I just feel like this level could be easily created in a NSMBWii level creator.

Drago

According to GameXplain, Mario will again be the only playable character in single player mode.

Expected, but it still sucks. :/

Y'know, after watching that Network Network video - I'm excited to play this on my GamePad away from my TV before going to bed. Sneak an hour or two in before knocking out. Heh.

backlot

lol no way, real life it will play out like: Mario jumps but because Luigi jumped early Mario gets bonked back down to his death, Luigi makes it through and drags the screen killing both toads.

Well as long as they all keep running forward at full speed like that they could never bump into each other. They just have to make sure they don't hit other obstacles.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Will love to see the team Speed Runs people do where one of them quickly taps in the blocks to help the Mario player make it to the end quickly.

.la1n

Looking pretty good, this and legends are on the must have list whenever I am able to get a Wii U, jealous of anyone getting it this year :p

TriGen

I hope the whole "touch to create a platform" isn't mandatory. Seems like it would be a hassle to use.

It's only for multiplayer, when someone is using the GamePad. If you're playing solo, or use Wiimotes in multiplayer, then they won't be active.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Will definitely be a Day 1 purchase, I love how they seem to be investing in speed run design more heavily than ever. Needs to be a replay save feature if there isn't one, and a global and friends leaderboard.

d1rtn4p

Up to this week, my hype for the Wii U was pretty minimal. I have to say though, after watching that overview video, that I'm starting to get into it now. It reminded me a lot of when the SNES came out with Super Mario World. Definitely bringing back fond memories and I'm actually kind of excited that we are getting a 2D Mario, even as much as I liked the galaxies.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, interesting thought...

Is it possible to pipe the sound through the controller while still playing on the TV? I would like to play sound effects through the controller (with music muted) while using my own music with my sound system. Anything to escape the "bah".

Top Bottom