• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weight Loss Before/After thread! Pics ahoy!

Fixed1979

Lol... it's just 45 min/day.

The "(also 3)" made me think 3 times a day.

Since I'm here, a little update. Been floating around 75lbs down ~165ish pounds for quite awhile, I know I'm building a little muscle/strength, not sure if it's translated to fat loss though. Still concerned about the bit of loose skin I do have around my stomach, but I guess it's better than being stretched around a belly full of fat. January 14th is my one year so I'll probably just coast until that date then come up with a bit of a plan to shed more body fat. Still no target weight in mind, though based on where I am now I think ~154 will be the goal for the few months of next year.

December Update: I've just surpassed my 100 lb goal, and I'm currently at 356.4lbs this week. I thought it would take until the end the month but nope, it happened today.

Pleasantly surprised.

Congrats dude, hitting milestones along the way really helped me keep my focus and that's a pretty major one you just passed.

Azulsky

December Update: I've just surpassed my 100 lb goal, and I'm currently at 356.4lbs this week. I thought it would take until the end the month but nope, it happened today.

Pleasantly surprised.

Awesome work!

Hi Guys, it has been a while since i last posted here, and to be honest i did nothing to fight my Overweight....until today. I just came back from a ~30 Minute Jogging-Session, and even though my left leg hurts like crazy, i feel good right now.

The only bad News is that it needed a pretty big Argument between my Parents and me to go out and run for a bit :/

Take it easy on the leg. I did something to my right knee back in September and I am still not fully back on my game with it yet. Nothing sucked more than having a good exercise routine swiped from under my feet right as I was hitting my stride.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Pleasantly surprised.

100 lbs is no joke man. That's a small person. Enjoy the simultaneously euphoric and annoying feeling of buying all new pants! Before you know it, you have to do it again!

DopeToast

Banned
I love seeing more people in this thread! It is nice to at least have other people to discuss all this with. Weight loss is crazy and awesome, and I've sort of realized that I've been at my happiest in my adult life when I am losing weight, not necessarily when I'm at a healthy weight. I need to find a way to focus this energy when I do get to where I want to be.

Anyway, I'm at exactly 25.6 lbs. (11.6 kgs.) lost in 52 days. Tomorrow is the last day of the 53 day plan that I conceived almost 8 weeks ago. I am supposed to be at 30.3 lbs. (13.7 kgs.) lost by Friday. which probably won't happen, but even getting to where I am has been nice. At the rate I'm going, I should hit my goal weight of 175 by March 16. I am prepared for things to slow down though.

Also, I messaged an mod and asked if we could have this thread moved to OT proper, and he said that they didn't move community threads to off-topic. He did say that he and the other mods are looking to publicize these community threads more, though.

Nightbird

Take it easy on the leg. I did something to my right knee back in September and I am still not fully back on my game with it yet. Nothing sucked more than having a good exercise routine swiped from under my feet right as I was hitting my stride.

Yeah, i know that feel. Anyway, thanks for the Tipp! :D
Now, all i need is an really awesome Music-Mix to keep me pumped hahaha :D

Thanks for all the encouraging replies guys, I mean it :)

Here's that reddit thread that I was going to post. Enjoy!

oxo0r3h.jpg

(Please don't mind the 1lb difference, I wrote down the number after I woke up and went to the bathroom. This is my current number after dinner, and I'm submitting it to reddit. Was a bit hard to take the pic too!)

Chorazin

Crossposting from the 30/40's Aging thread, just because I wanna remind everyone if you work hard you can fix your shit!

I'm always happy to show that even in your 30's you can fix your life and do badass shit:

Me at 32 (on the right):

Me at 35:

(the Color Run it's exacty bad ass, but I was rucking 40lbs of sand in that pack so BOOYAH SON!)

Right after the Welcome Party at the Halloween GORUCK Light

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It was my monthly weigh and measure today, I lost a total of 8lbs, 1.5" off my waist and 1" off my chest. I'm happy with these numbers as my goal is always 2lbs/week and 1" off both. I gained 2lbs last week so I really needed a good week this week and I lost 3lbs so I was happy with that.

Totals so far:

46lbs
7" off chest
6" off waist

I still have 27lbs to go for my original goal, although I will most likely need to lose more once I get there.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well it's STATurday and I lost another 3lbs this week, bringing me to 49lbs total (so close to the 50 milestone!). I'm always happy hitting my goal of 2lbs so 3lbs is just great. Next week is going to be scary though, it's my first holiday since I started to lose weight and the house will be full of family, booze and delicious food. I won't go crazy but I will eat more than I am now, that's just not avoidable really. I'm hoping to hit no more than my maintenance calories so I don't gain weight, staying the same over Christmas week would be good.

I'm 28lbs away from my original goal, but honestly I feel like I'll probably need to lose another 14lbs on top of that so about 42lbs left to go. I'm hoping to be done within 6 months as I wanted to get all the weight off in a year.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just ate entirely too much for dinner but fuck it, it's Christmas. Next week I will go hard to undo any damage I did this week. This is the first time I've gone over my calories in 7 months, I feel a little guilty but oh so full.

Chris R

Down to 260 after peaking at 275 earlier this month. Been doing cardio as well as not eating /drinking shit. Trying to hit 215 by my birthday next year, thinking it can happen.

No idea if I go full blow Keto again though, even though I almost hit 200 with that diet and no exercise.

Sadetar

Oh hey, never noticed this thread. Keep up the good work, everyone :). Posted this in the face gaf thread, but i'll do it here too I guess. The first is my driver's license picture about ~3 years ago(@25 years old) and ~360 ish pounds, the 2nd is about 2 hours ago (@28) and ~205 pounds. I am 6'3.
Wow. You look like a totally different person (and also extremely hot)! Splendid work!

Oh hey, never noticed this thread. Keep up the good work, everyone :). Posted this in the face gaf thread, but i'll do it here too I guess. The first is my driver's license picture about ~3 years ago(@25 years old) and ~360 ish pounds, the 2nd is about 2 hours ago (@28) and ~205 pounds. I am 6'3.

What an amazing transformation!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I broke down and weighed myself even though I promised I wouldn't this week and it was better than expected, I only gained 2lbs over Christmas which I can get rid of no problem before my next weigh in.

Some great pics in here...i hope to show off my pics in the next thread
currently 125kg 6,2

want to drop down to 94.5kg so im not in the openweight fighting division and getting pitted against 200kg brutes

DopeToast

Banned
Ate like a motherfucker from the 23rd through the 27th, and felt super gross and bloated by the end of it. I felt legit sick on the morning of the 28th, I really think just from overeating. For those interested, I pooped more in the last five days than I think I ever have in my life. I guess my body has just not been used to that much food intake. I ate on my diet yesterday, will today, and tomorrow. New Year's Eve and the weekend following will mean more eating, but hopefully by that Monday I will be able to start going hard on my diet again. Can't fall off now. Good luck to you all!

Azulsky

December turned into a -20lb month for me.

I need to sanity check myself in another 30lbs, because I wasn't really picturing myself going this far any time soon, and my brain is still probably 100lbs behind my body in terms of self image.

I found a family picture from 2k13 Xmas and I dont even know that person either.

Brains are weird.

Sadetar

I need to sanity check myself in another 30lbs, because I wasn't really picturing myself going this far any time soon, and my brain is still probably 100lbs behind my body in terms of self image.

I found a family picture from 2k13 Xmas and I dont even know that person either.

Brains are weird.
I know those feelings. My weight loss isn't anything near yours, but the image of myself is so off. I don't regognize myself from the old photos but then again I don't really realize it is me in the newer ones either. I have lost around 50 pounds and my body composition has changed because of lifting and working out. Perhaps my mind will catch up at some points.

Also congratulations for your progress this far! :D That is totally awesome!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ate like a motherfucker from the 23rd through the 27th, and felt super gross and bloated by the end of it. I felt legit sick on the morning of the 28th, I really think just from overeating. For those interested, I pooped more in the last five days than I think I ever have in my life. I guess my body has just not been used to that much food intake. I ate on my diet yesterday, will today, and tomorrow. New Year's Eve and the weekend following will mean more eating, but hopefully by that Monday I will be able to start going hard on my diet again. Can't fall off now. Good luck to you all!

Snap mate, fucking snap. I only overate 2 days and I was going boom boom up to 5x a day and I just felt fat and gross. I usually go once every other day when eating properly. It was a good reminder that I never want to go back.

What a pleasant surprise! My insurance company this morning called me and told me that I was eligible for bariatric surgery (as of right now).

I'm stoked as hell! ^_____^

I'll definitely find a way to post before and after results. Thanks for this thread and for my insurance company.

Brains are weird.

Congrats!

Started this year at 285. Im gonna end it probably around 211. I was hoping to be at 200 tomorrow but Christmas and thanksgiving botched that. I gained some weight over the last two weeks but have already recovered and am losing it again.

Now that the food holidays are over, things should be much easier going foreward. Not nearly as much temptation. Plus I start kendo this month and ill be out golfing again once the weather is warmer.

FStop7

Banned
What a pleasant surprise! My insurance company this morning called me and told me that I was eligible for bariatric surgery (as of right now).

I'm stoked as hell! ^_____^

I'll definitely find a way to post before and after results. Thanks for this thread and for my insurance company.

Congrats!

Have you asked them if you are eligible for removal of loose skin? I know some people who had bariatric surgery but then had a real problem w/ loose skin and it was not covered.

Have you asked them if you are eligible for removal of loose skin? I know some people who had bariatric surgery but then had a real problem w/ loose skin and it was not covered.

My doctor told me if I had a lot of loose skin, she would try to help me with getting plastic surgery covered through insurance

At this point though, being near normal weight > loose skin for me and I'll try to find a way to get rid of the skin. I won't let them get complacent now. ;)

Godan

Started this year at 285. Im gonna end it probably around 211. I was hoping to be at 200 tomorrow but Christmas and thanksgiving botched that. I gained some weight over the last two weeks but have already recovered and am losing it again.

Now that the food holidays are over, things should be much easier going foreward. Not nearly as much temptation. Plus I start kendo this month and ill be out golfing again once the weather is warmer.

Well done dude. Your starting weight is what I am right now and I hope that by this time next year I manage the same weight loss as yourself.

Azulsky

My doctor told me if I had a lot of loose skin, she would try to help me with getting plastic surgery covered through insurance

At this point though, being near normal weight > loose skin for me and I'll try to find a way to get rid of the skin. I won't let them get complacent now. ;)

Ive got some and it doesnt get to me so much anymore. I still wear compression clothing due to my chest but overall I would rather be in this state 100/100 times before going back. Getting that fixed might be something I look at in the future, several years from now.

Hey thats excellent progress. Your starting weight is close to where I am now. I dont think I have the body for 1xx though. Good luck!

Ive been thinking about increasing my calorie intake for 2015. Not so much due to adding exercise again, although I am looking some at home equipment, but due to decreasing energy levels at my current point(1500kCal). Nearly all of the TDEE calcs put my BMR at 2400kcal which is supposed to be your in-a-coma requirement. Was considering going up to 2k and seeing if my energy levels improve.

My only explanation is that when i was heavier i just had more internal energy available to compensate for the deficit, and now its just a trickle.

Has anyone else upped their calorie intake like this?

Captcha

Ive got some and it doesnt get to me so much anymore. I still wear compression clothing due to my chest but overall I would rather be in this state 100/100 times before going back. Getting that fixed might be something I look at in the future, several years from now.

Hey thats excellent progress. Your starting weight is close to where I am now. I dont think I have the body for 1xx though. Good luck!

Ive been thinking about increasing my calorie intake for 2015. Not so much due to adding exercise again, although I am looking some at home equipment, but due to decreasing energy levels at my current point(1500kCal). Nearly all of the TDEE calcs put my BMR at 2400kcal which is supposed to be your in-a-coma requirement. Was considering going up to 2k and seeing if my energy levels improve.

My only explanation is that when i was heavier i just had more internal energy available to compensate for the deficit, and now its just a trickle.

Has anyone else upped their calorie intake like this?

I lost the majority of my weight doing about 1800/day and I was excersising pretty heavily the entire time doing a combo of weight lifting and running (I am 6'3/~191cm tall). I did this for about 11 months and was miserable the entire time. I increased this to about 2700/day gradually and continued to lose weight and finally, after several months of plateauing, was able to increase strength too. The energy difference is quite noticeable as is my general mood. I would definitely play with it. If you feel like experimenting, I'd see where your tipping point is (in a very general sense, obviously) in terms of where you'd start gaining weight based on your activity level. Mine seemed to be about 3200 calories which was really surprising to me (this is based off of my fitness pal numbers, mind you) because that is a lot.

this is what i looked like last january

http://imgur.com/UIBQeZul.jpg

this is what i look like this January

http://imgur.com/FIITlPol.jpg

i even got a pair of shoes this year

You look good! Definitely a noticeable change.

FStop7

Banned

Oh yeah, definitely don't let it stop you or anything. But it's just something I wanted to mention.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Loose skin is a constant worry, my arms are already pretty horrible looking and it's only a matter of time before the rest matches. It'll cost around £10k to remove and I have exactly £0 to my name right now so unless my doctor helps me I'm screwed. Losing 100lbs and still not being able to look in the mirror sucks, but I guess you can hide skin, you can't hide fat.

Azulsky

Loose skin is a constant worry, my arms are already pretty horrible looking and it's only a matter of time before the rest matches. It'll cost around £10k to remove and I have exactly £0 to my name right now so unless my doctor helps me I'm screwed. Losing 100lbs and still not being able to look in the mirror sucks, but I guess you can hide skin, you can't hide fat.

Not too educated on how the medical system works over there but is it not possible to approach it from a mental health angle and then the NHS will give it more consideration?

I'm pretty much decided never to worry about it. I had my demons, and I crushed them. The cost is too high and the time off work to recover is too long.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not too educated on how the medical system works over there but is it not possible to approach it from a mental health angle and then the NHS will give it more consideration?

I'm pretty much decided never to worry about it. I had my demons, and I crushed them. The cost is too high and the time off work to recover is too long.

AFAIK it's considered cosmetic thus they won't pay for it unless it's causing physical problems as well then you may be lucky and get it done for free. If you're strong enough to look past the skin I applaud you, but I'm not, I know I will never be happy until it's removed (once I've lost all the weight). My weight has held me back in many ways, I really don't want loose skin to do the same otherwise I'll still be depressed and lonely just for a different reason.

Azulsky

I lost the majority of my weight doing about 1800/day and I was excersising pretty heavily the entire time doing a combo of weight lifting and running (I am 6'3/~191cm tall). I did this for about 11 months and was miserable the entire time. I increased this to about 2700/day gradually and continued to lose weight and finally, after several months of plateauing, was able to increase strength too. The energy difference is quite noticeable as is my general mood. I would definitely play with it. If you feel like experimenting, I'd see where your tipping point is (in a very general sense, obviously) in terms of where you'd start gaining weight based on your activity level. Mine seemed to be about 3200 calories which was really surprising to me (this is based off of my fitness pal numbers, mind you) because that is a lot.

Yeah i think what I have decided on this is to try and push my daily cap up to 2k. I generally only have eaten 1300 when I was trying to cap at 1500 so i think I might take it gradually as its adding another whole meals worth of calories. My first goal is stopping the milk + protein powder breakfast drink and adopting real food for breakfast.

I'm 6'5" and I have a wider build(hips/shoulders) than other friends my height. I just feel that I am more tired and my mental performance has slacked. Im also not sure where I should land at my final weight but im @ 280 currently and hoping to get to 250.

My knee still is giving me issues but I want to start some weight/resistance based training in the meanwhile that doesnt require the nee for anything more than stabilizing. Need to pick up the stationary bike again slowly for cardio.

St3v3,
I know its a hard thing to get over especially if you are feeling that its holding you back on meeting someone. What I have come to the conclusion of myself on that matter(being a specimen with 0 intimate/romantic relationships) is that if I met someone, and she were in the same position, it would not be any kind of detriment to her image in my eyes whatsoever. Frankly I would consider it a bullet dodged otherwise.

All that aside just know the hard work is appreciated by others and you can wear your accomplishment as a badge of honor, even if you have the lingering doubts regarding the skin. Just try to think positive about what you have accomplished.

U2NUMB

Well the first part of my commercial started to air .. eventually one will focus on me but I grabbed a screenshot..

IMG_20150102_075517.jpg

Sadetar

Well the first part of my commercial started to air .. eventually one will focus on me but I grabbed a screenshot..

IMG_20150102_075517.jpg
I remember you mentioning about it earlier on. Nice to see the results from the photo shoots. That is so awesome! :D You must be so proud of yourself!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've been really sick this week and basically bed ridden so I expected a terrible weigh in but I lost 9lbs this week? No idea how. I guess being ill has its benefits.

Godan

So yeah posted at the start of September that I was going to start losing some weight. Stuck to it for about a month and managed to get from 281 to 274 but kinda fell away from it and I have now almost hit the 290 mark was at was at 288.4 last night. I have decided to change gyms as the one I go to is too busy and not enough equipment for the amount of people that go. I have managed to pick up an exercise bike too that I plan to use on the days I don't work out which should be about 3 times a week.

The only issue I ever have is just the diet part as I don't like almost every veg. I can only really eat sweetcorn and peas. So with most meals I almost always have rice of potatoes and it tends to make me get bored of it really quick but hey av did it for a month so why can't I do it all the time.

My long term goal is still going to be 200lbs as I think this would be fine for my height at 6'5.

Going to try and come into this thread anytime I feel myself starting to stray from my goal.

Haven't posted here in a while, got lazy over the past year and change and I'm up 20 pounds from my best weight so it's time to go back to my serious diet and working out more often.

Azulsky

So yeah posted at the start of September that I was going to start losing some weight. Stuck to it for about a month and managed to get from 281 to 274 but kinda fell away from it and I have now almost hit the 290 mark was at was at 288.4 last night. I have decided to change gyms as the one I go to is too busy and not enough equipment for the amount of people that go. I have managed to pick up an exercise bike too that I plan to use on the days I don't work out which should be about 3 times a week.

The only issue I ever have is just the diet part as I don't like almost every veg. I can only really eat sweetcorn and peas. So with most meals I almost always have rice of potatoes and it tends to make me get bored of it really quick but hey av did it for a month so why can't I do it all the time.

My long term goal is still going to be 200lbs as I think this would be fine for my height at 6'5.

Going to try and come into this thread anytime I feel myself starting to stray from my goal.

Damn, what is your build like? Same height and I think I would be anorexic at that weight.

Im currently aiming for 250 then going to go from there but another 50 after seems crazy.

Godan

Damn, what is your build like? Same height and I think I would be anorexic at that weight.

Im currently aiming for 250 then going to go from there but another 50 after seems crazy.

At about 260ish I carried the weight well. Also think it was because i went to the gym a lot too but past that weight it has started to look bad and also falling away from the gym over the past year really has not helped it too.

See the reason I think that weight would be fine for me it because I was about 170 at that height about 8 years ago when I started to put the weight on.

Forgot about this thread. I'll hopefully be contributing in the future once I've met my goal. Currently just below 240 and I'm 5'10". I'm hoping by the end of march I'll be down 20 lbs and by the end of June I'm hoping to be at 195 or at least below 200. I'm going to the gym and jogging on the treadmill 6 days a week. I'm committed to accomplishing my goal.

Subaru

I've lost 40kg (134 kg -> 94kg) in 6 months (July-December) in 2012 - Dukan Diet.
Then I've regained almost all my weight back...

I'm now eating paleo since December 27th (with exception from dec 31th to jan 2nd) and I've already lost 5kg (128.5kg -> 123.4kg). Now I'm trully determined, specially because now I'm really happy (everything is ok in my life) and I'm gonna travel to NYC on February 22th - and I plan to buy some clothes there =P

I'll try to post a picture when my weight loss before I travel, my optimistic target is 110kg, my realistic is 115kg.

Trying to burn off the 15 or so pounds i put on over the holidays. I kept up with my running/weight lifting.. if I hadn't, I'd likely be trying to drop 30 or more lol.

For some reason, it's coming off REALLY slow.. slower than normal. Scaled back on my eating and have kept my activity the same (20-30 miles running/week, weight lifting 3-4 days/week). All my clothes from before the holidays still fit, but some of the pants are a bit tighter than I'd like.

Top Bottom