• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York woman sues 12-year-old nephew over hug that broke her wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/aunt-sues-nephew-12-breaking-wrist-greeting-article-1.2394889

auntjen13n-1-web.jpg

A human resources manager from Manhattan is suing her nephew over a leaping greeting from the then-8-year-old that left her with a broken wrist, according to reports.

Jennifer Connell, 54, believes little Sean Tarala, now 12, should have known better than to jump into her arms as a means of welcoming her to his birthday party in 2011, ctpost.com reported Monday.

Connell, of E. 73rd St. on the Upper East Side, is seeking $127,000 in damages for suffering a broken wrist when the two fell to the ground in the rough reception, according to the site.

The aunt, who has no children of her own, said her life has not been the same since the 50-pound bundle of boyish energy bounded into her open arms.

“I live in Manhattan in a third-floor walkup so it has been very difficult,” Connell testified Friday at Connecticut Superior Court in Bridgeport. “And we all know how crowded it is in Manhattan.”

And if walking up stairs with an injured wrist wasn’t difficult enough, the after-effects on Connell’s social life have been disastrous.

“I was at a party recently and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvres plate,” she added.

The minor child is the only defendant in the case.
Searched for "hug" "wrist" and "broken wrist"-didn't see any threads.
Sue me if old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom