• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman sues nephew for $127K for accidentally breaking her arm when he was 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Of course it is an inheritance issue. How else would a child be able to pay those kinds of damages if not inheritance?

You think a 12 year gets that kind of money day trading?

Sounds like they are getting insurance coverage by suing the kid and making his insurance pay for the medicals. Which is probably being brought about because the woman's own insurance stipulates in her insurance that she will be a party to a lawsuit the company has to bring to get her medicals covered.

Would feel kinda sorry for the lady if that's true. Social media doesn't do complicated.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What's sad is that now the nephew is the stranger to her and she sees him as a way to gain. She probably has no use for him as family now, which is how I experienced it. Once you gain something, you're now the person whose better off instead of the person who struggles with everyone else.

It was kinda weird after my dad died. An association with someone felt like business or some sorta judgement seat.

Sounds like they are getting insurance coverage by suing the kid and making his insurance pay for the medicals. Which is probably being brought about because the woman's own insurance stipulates in her insurance that she will be a party to a lawsuit the company has to bring to get her medicals covered.

Would feel kinda sorry for the lady if that's true. Social media doesn't do complicated.

Seems like an awfully huge leap. This woman lives in the UES, is an HR manager and this incident happened 4 years ago. She more than likely has enough money to cover a simple broken wrist and more than likely already payed it off since it happened 4 years ago. I doubt she's that desperate for aid that she'd need to resort to suing her nephew.

Zoe

You'd think that would have come up sometime before in the four years since the accident.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Upper east side. Human resources manager.

Sums it up nicely.

Heres the claimant

0hzTFP7l.jpg

Damn, where's her other arm?!

The article has a picture of a completely different woman. Confused how you even found this picture in the first place? Did you ignore the article and just google the name, then post the first result?
auntjen13n-1-web.jpg

Where are both of this woman's arms?!

ViciousDS

Banned
oh shit......I knocked my aunts tooth out when I was 3. Went to go hug her when I was younger and due to height I jumped to go into her lap (she was sitting) and had my shoulder hit her mouth on accident.

Time to get a lawyer GAF

When I saw the
“I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she said.
quote, I quickly scrolled back up thinking it was an Onion article. Cant believe this is fucking real.

Palmer_v1

I believe the child will file a counter suit for emotional damage after his Aunt ruined his birthday party with her histrionics. I heard one of his playmates was heard to remark, "Your Aunt is a real cunt."

zeemumu

Yeah...there's no way that the jury is going to grant you that much in damages for something so minor.

“I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she said.

Especially not when THIS is one of your major gripes.

T-Rex.

Banned
Wow. I have an uncle who's an absolute scumbag when it comes to money, but this is just taking the piss. I hope the judge embarrasses her.

NYDailyNews isn't exactly high-caliber journalism is it?

I mean, it's the 4th highest circulated newspaper in the country and has been around for almost a century. So I think we can assume this story isn't fake. If you're referencing the quality of their writing idk, but that has no bearing on whether on not the story is real or not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/aunt-sues-nephew-12-breaking-wrist-greeting-article-1.2394889

Upper East Side aunt sues 12-year-old nephew for $127G after breaking her wrist while leaping to greet her at birthday party

Pretty gross story. I could never sue a member of my family especially one so young over an accident. Seems extremely petty on the part of the aunt.

So I hope everyone in her family thinks she is a horrible person. Because she is a horrible person.

kirblar

Complete idiocy. The only thing she'll likely receive is public humiliation and being ostracized from parts of her family.
This would require this person feel shame, and that they actually care about contact with their family.

Clearly, neither applies here.

BadRamen

As someone who has dealt with family revealing how shitty they are when inheritance becomes available, this has got to be exactly what is going on. Was the mother of the kid a sister to this aunt or is the aunt on the dad's side? Trying to see how depressing this case really is.

Kinyou

I'm surprised you can even sue 4 years after the fact. As many have noted, seems very likely his mother left him money and now the aunt is after it.

faridmon

How do they even come up with a figure such as 127k? Why not 126k or 128k?

This shit confuses me when its not a clean round numbers.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, the kid is 12 atm? I thought that this was going to be a case of suing her now rich nephew. Dunno if this is worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom