• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman sues nephew for $127K for accidentally breaking her arm when he was 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't be real. Or this is just.... Beyond evil.

Beyond-Evil-1980-movie-1.jpg

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
What a piece of shit. Hope this kid and the father never forgive her.

Hard lesson to learn at such a young age, but money really brings out the worst in people.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Inheritance greed destroys families. It's so sad seeing it.

Honestly though. Its made my Dad, aunts, and grandmother think of each other in pie chunks. No one trusts each other and one of my aunts is trying to force Grandma into a psychological evaluation (would remove her from the estate if they came up with something). It fucking sickens me.

I hope the court just affords legal fees and medical fees (to be paid by insurance). More than that doesn't sit right.

Kumquat

My nephew's heel hit me in the nuts when he was a year old and I was holding him. I think it's time to lawyer up and get ready for my money!

BamfMeat

I don't give a good god damn if the statute of limitations was hit or not hit, this woman is... not very nice. I have stronger words, but as a good christian woman I'll keep them to myself.
As a sassy gay man, however, girl needs to be smacked around. Who sues a fucking kid? and an 8 year old at that. "Should have known better". Bitch, he was 8 and he was expressing how happy and how much he loved you. Your obviously nasty-ass cunt ain't gettin' no love so you should get it where you can. Plus, you're HR, woman. You should well know that your insurance is going to cover that. Unless you got shit insurance. If that the case, sucks to be you holding your whores-doovers. Bitch.

Raistlin

Even if the kid pushed her I don't think this is the proper course of action.
It very well can be.

A friend I had in high school told me about something that happened when he was younger. IIRC him, his brother, and some neighborhood kids were playing in his backyard. Can't remember what they were doing but it doesn't matter. One of the neighborhood kids ended up with a broken arm or leg - can't recall. No maliciousness involved or anything, just your basic kid breaks something doing something silly situation.

For years after my friend hated the kid and his family because they sued his parents. IDK if it was just not explained well or not at all, but years later his dad explained the situation. The injured kid's parents either didn't have medical insurance or it was crappy. Basically the medical bills were significant enough that it was a problem for them to cover. My friend's parents have liability in this situation, but it isn't something that's automatically paid out ... you have to actively go after them for the money by way of lawsuit.

So as it turns out, my friend's dad had actually told the family to sue him in order for his umbrella policy to pay out ... since it's not like either family had savings to cover all the costs. As I said though this info was never properly explained to my friend and his brother so they went years hating on the kid lol.

Of course I don't know if this is the same situation ... but it's a scenario that could easily be misconstrued as illustrated above.

A friend of my wife's fell and broke her leg at her mom's house a few years ago. She was forced to sue her own mother before the insurance would pay her medical bills which added up to several thousand dollars when all was said and done. It sucks big time but that's the situation insurance companies force people into a lot of times. Sue your own flesh and blood or get buried under ridiculous medical bills. I don't know if that's the case with this woman but it's possible I guess.
yup

Since my prior tirade i'm torn between being glad she didn't win if she was going after inheritance to being sorry for her if she had to sue her own family in order to get medical care. What a sucky situation either way.

aliengmr

Regardless of how much she suffered, she still tried to sue a kid for being being too excited to see her. And while the suit might have been filed prior that same kid loses his mother.

And a certain point you really got to ask yourself "What the fuck am I doing?" There is literally no way to come out of this looking good.

At best she comes out looking like a horrible person.

Zelias

Banned
I just hope her wrist heals soon so she can get back to holding those hors d'oeuvres. It must be so hard for her.

Great thing she lost.

Hope she gets backlash.

“We do not take great pleasure in bringing a minor to court,” Connell’s lawyer, William Beckert, said. “She is not here enjoying a moment of this."

But Sean “should have known better.”

All of it is just so ridiculous.

She should have known better.

The auntie said Sean wrecked her social life by making it “difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvres plate”

I Remember Him Shouting, ‘Auntie Jen I Love You,’ & There He Was Flying at Me

Truly the stuff of horror films.

So whats the deal

Is she really evil incarnate or is should legally bound to pursue this through some insurance contract

Cuz the stuff i am reading about is sickening

I hope John Oliver digs into this

Gattsu25

Banned
The more I think about this the less sense it makes.

I still can't understand the rationale behind suing your own EIGHT year old nephew.

Absolutely heartlessness

jdw_b

4 years later and she was wearing a wrist protector in court. What a scumbag.

Seriously, what the hell is that about. I've broken my wrist like 3 times and it was healed up in a few months.

This is one of the most pathetic stories I've ever read, so glad she lost

(A) reasonable 8-year-old under those circumstances would know, or should have known, that a forceful greeting such as the one delivered by the defendant to the plaintiff could cause the harms and losses suffered by the plaintiff,”

lol fuck off scumbag...losses? not being able to hold a handrail up three flights of stairs with your broken wrist is not a loss, it's a minor inconvenience

Joni

Glad the poor insurance company escaped having to pay for this accident for which people are paying to be insured for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom