• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman sues nephew for $127K for accidentally breaking her arm when he was 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapiozona

Banned
Heres the claimant

0hzTFP7l.jpg

The article has a picture of a completely different woman. Confused how you even found this picture in the first place? Did you ignore the article and just google the name, then post the first result?

Inheritance money, guaranteed. I hope the judge laughs her out of court.

Yeah, i'm leaning towards thinking the aunt's a grade-A cunt.
The statement from he lawyers that the child WOULD have known that his action of greeting her would break her arm are laughable. She's some sociopathic cow to wait 4 years for his mum to die before springing this nonsense.

I hope she is laughed out of court and forced to pay costs and damages to the child.

GulAtiCa

The "was" part made me think that the nephew was now an adult and had made it rich, and the aunt was super jealous and pety..

But this outcome of him just being 12, makes it even sadder!

Risible

There's a reason I could never be a judge.

"I find the plaintiff guilty of douchbaggery. 30 days in jail with no hors d'oeuvres."

Hollycat

That's a pretty disgusting thing for a person to sue over, especially to a kid, especially especially as his aunt. Everyone knows jumping and hugging are like 15% of what kids do.

foxdvd

I mean she is actually suing the father here...and the father would be responsible for any damages done by the kids but this was 4 years ago. What would the statute of limitations be on this? Had she already established that the kid broke her arm? Did the parents already pay medical bills?

So much information is missing here it makes it difficult not to get upset when you read the article.

massoluk

Banned
“I was at a party recently and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvres plate,” she added.

You can't make these shits up.

“I was at a party recently and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvres plate,” she added.

How is this possible, I thought snobs such as this existed only in Adam Sandler comedies.

This is baffling, why would anyone say this.

The kid sounds like a wreckless animal. All she wanted to do was make him happy for his birthday and he viciously attacked her.

kingwingin

The article has a picture of a completely different woman. Confused how you even found this picture in the first place? Did you ignore the article and just google the name, then post the first result?
the women he posted is the most famous hand model. Just a joke

...this isnt an onion article? wow.

That's exactly what I was going to say. For this specifically:

the after-effects on Connell’s social life have been disastrous.

What a prick. Hope the judge throws it out and bans her from seeing the boy and his father.

Mimosa97

Yeah I don't believe this.

This must be some shitty art performance gone too far. They wanted to expose our culture of greed and selfishness and now they're struck and have to play it all the way. That kid is a child actor and the aunt is a failed actress stuck in a 6 figures job.

Revolver

I'm wondering if she's suing because of insurance to get her medical bills paid? Maybe her policy won't pay unless someone is found to be at fault.

I mean she is actually suing the father here...and the father would be responsible for any damages done by the kids but this was 4 years ago. What would the statute of limitations be on this? Had she already established that the kid broke her arm? Did the parents already pay medical bills?

So much information is missing here it makes it difficult not to get upset when you read the article.

Well the article stated that the child was the only defendant, and if what people are assuming is true and that this is over an inheritance. He could theoretical pay for his own damages.

ElRenoRaven

i'm going to guess the mom left her son an inheritance or something of that nature and the aunt is a ruthless asshole trying to get some of it.

That would be my guess. Hopefully as far as he and his father are concerned after this he has no Auntie Jen.

Yeah I don't believe this.

This must be some shitty art performance gone too far. They wanted to expose our culture of greed and selfishness and now they're struck and have to play it all the way. That kid is a child actor and the aunt is a failed actress stuck in a 6 figures job.

Yeah I thought something similar too initially. I honestly almost didn't even make the thread because it seemed so unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom