• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda Echoes of Wisdom Trailer Released

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Pre-ordered this and Smiling Man the other day, so I guess I don't need to watch any more.

I'm not expecting to be blown away by it, but the gameplay definitely looks creative. Hoping they deliver on some dungeons.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Getting a very casual game vibes from this.

More Animal Crossing than 2d Zelda?
Definitely could be. If you're able to use blocks and tables to get around obstacles, or summon things to fight for you it might be more laid back. And Nintendo knows how to target female gamers well, which are stereotypically more casual on average. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks great. Already pre-ordered, but this has me more excited about the game than what they previously showed us.

Trilobit

I think this will be very popular with female gamers. I'm glad that Nintendo went this route with Zelda as the main character as it allows them to focus on different mechanics compared to Link games. I would like to have a Zelda game that has an abundance of the sidequests on Windfall Island in Wind Waker. Where you figure out what an NPC wants you to do based on short hints and then you have wander around the location to solve it. Maybe follow a character secretly to a house or finding a way to sneak in to a windmill.

Hardensoul

Top down BotW with playable Zelda. I only saw up to the Zora’s and clicked off. I see enough and now on media blackout of the game.

Looks soo good! Love the art style!

sigmaZ

At first I wasn't sure about this. But this actually looks like a nice GAME game. Sometimes I prefer these games to full 3D games as you can get a lot more done with far fewer movements.

Rran

The emphasis on puzzle-based adventuring and the fact that they aren't actually reusing ALttP's map both make me happy.

Even so, I still feel like this game will be good, not great. Just kinda getting "quirky 3DS-type spinoff game" vibes from it. But I'll grab it and enjoy it regardless.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
If the bind mechanic has some neat puzzles then it should be really fun. The world looks really fun to play in. I love Link's awakening art style.

Thabass

Looks like a light challenge type of game. Which I'm cool with and its Zelda, of course I am going to buy it.

Robb

Gold Member
The bind and reverse bind stuff looks more intriguing to me than the echo stuff. Definitely looks very ‘2D BotW/TotK’.

Looking forward to playing it!

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
so... Zelda's outing is lighthearted, calm, easier, with lots of different abilities to collect.

which means: Mario : Kirby :: Link : Zelda

Hardensoul

You can definitely see the BOTW influences.

I was worried they were going to just copy the LttP map, but thankfully they haven't.
When Zelda came out of cave and the title screen came up. Like Link in BotW. I knew this was not going to be like previous top down remakes. But I was more thinking BotW maps.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Graphics look amazing, as do all the different skills/tools/ways to use the environment/enemies to progress. Makes me think more of something like the original Mana game/Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest with a dose of BOTW/TOTK to make it more freeform in gameplay style (for example you can hop over short obstacles like small elevation differences or fences that otherwise blocked your way and you had to go around in these top down style adventure games of the past) while still locking progress behind acquiring skills and tools like a top down Metroidvania of sorts (you need something to light your way in those dark underwater parts etc.).

My only worry is about how enemy encounters/bosses may feel without the core Zelda combat mechanics, the puzzle/sandbox skills I find too clumsy in most games that try to use them in real combat in fun ways even if their potential is cool, so without the core mechanics that TOTK/BOTW maintained on top of the rest I dunno how it will work. See Crystal Bearers on Wii, that game had all it needed to be a super fun, groundbreaking despite the Wii take on the FF formula but they cockblocked it with not having any normal combat options and making you use the clumsy grab, point and shoot system like a magical take on HL2's gravity gun that didn't quite work right (mostly because they messed up the controls, if it controlled like Metroid Prime 3 instead of independed cursor to camera control relegating the latter to the freaking d-pad of the remote it'd be better but still).

Last edited:

protonion

It's Zelda and I'll buy it, but nothing at all seems good...

Just give the Oracle games the Link's awakening treatment, because I don't see another classic top down or 3D Zelda game in my lifetime.

Boss Man

I like the artstyle, loved Link’s Awakening Remake. Not super interested in playing as Zelda, but not mad about it since it’s a spinoff with new gameplay mechanics. Would be good if the characters were split like some of the Ratchet and Clank games do.

Metnut

As much as I like Elden Ring, Yakuza, Last of Us, Cyberpunk, some games should be accessible to young kids too. These seems like a solid attempt at that.

CS Lurker

That's amazing. I can't wait

But it would be better to lock the fps at 30, as the game clearly cannot hold 60. Also frame pacing issues

Last edited:

brenobnfm

Looks like a lego game, bold from Nintendo to market this as their "big game" of the year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom