• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda Echoes of Wisdom Trailer Released

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I'm all in for the puzzle aspect, but the lack of proper combat is a bummer.
I'm saying.

We ask for real logical puzzles in Zelda games like in the old days, they give us this.......

then fuck up the combat lol

giphy.webp

Robb

Gold Member
If anyone still had any doubts that this is a 2D BotW/TotK it seems like you’ll be able to interact with the environment in this as well.
giphy.gif

Feels like they took their 2D BotW demo and made it into a full game.
E2KgNg.gif

Will be interesting to see if we’ll get a version of the shrines from Botw/TotK in this as well.

Last edited:

brenobnfm

How big games look like?

There's a reason Nintendo makes their main games in 3rd person, but if you're going to keep making the top-down ones at least choose a better art style than god damn Lego, but i guess even though Nintendo is trying very hard to hide, everyone knows this is not a Nintendo game.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
There's a reason Nintendo makes their main games in 3rd person, but if you're going to keep making the top-down ones at least choose a better art style than god damn Lego, but i guess even though Nintendo is trying very hard to hide, everyone knows this is not a Nintendo game.
So big games are only "not top down looking"...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is literally a game made and published by Nintendo

Robb

Gold Member
Where does it say it's made by Nintendo?
Would be more interesting to know where you read it isn’t?

It was presented by the series producer during the latest Direct and he said “we’ve created a game where each player’s experience will be different”, which means it’s obviously Nintendo developed.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if Grezzo (Links Awakening) is involved as support as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Where does it say it's made by Nintendo?
Multiple online sources?

The reveal trailer also featured Eiji Aonuma (who works for Nintendo) discussing "the team" - presumably Nintendo EPD.

brenobnfm

Would be more interesting to know where you read it isn’t?

It was presented by the series producer during the latest Direct and he said “we’ve created a game where each player’s experience will be different”, which means it’s obviously Nintendo developed.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if Grezzo (Links Awakening) is involved as support as well.

Art style from Link's Awakening and they didn't specifically said who's the developer initially, thought it was Grezzo.

Multiple online sources?

The reveal trailer also featured Eiji Aonuma (who works for Nintendo) discussing "the team" - presumably Nintendo EPD.

My mistake then.

Robb

Gold Member
Art style from Link's Awakening and they didn't specifically said who's the developer initially, thought it was Grezzo.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Grezzo is involved at all. Maybe Nintendo is developing it with Grezzo as support, or maybe it’s the other way around. But from what I’ve gathered Nintendo definitely seems involved in its development in some capacity.

The BotW/TotK influence is definitely indicating heavy Nintendo involvement imo. But we won’t know for sure until it’s out I guess.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wouldn’t surprise me if Grezzo is involved at all. Maybe Nintendo is developing it with Grezzo as support, or maybe it’s the other way around. But from what I’ve gathered Nintendo definitely seems involved in its development in some capacity.

The BotW/TotK influence is definitely indicating heavy Nintendo involvement imo. But we won’t know for sure until it’s out I guess.
This game is using Link’s Awaking artstyle but this game is not remake and most of time Nintendo is involved when they are making brand new Zelda, it was same with Link between Worlds.

Robb

Gold Member
This game is using Link’s Awaking artstyle but this game is not remake and most of time Nintendo is involved when they are making brand new Zelda, it was same with Link between Worlds.
Agreed. It’s either a combined effort (like with Metroid Dread, which was a Nintendo EPD and MercurySteam) or it’s just Nintendo EPD.

EruditeHobo

omg she gets a pony!

Like others have said, just not for me. Doesn't look horrible or anything, just doesn't engage me personally.

Last edited:

Serouj2000

I mean, it could be a Metroid Dread/Pikmin 4 situation where the dev works on a new game after working on an RRR

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Fuck this art style with a thousand demon dicks from hell. It's the reason I couldn't get into Link's Awakening.
I’m not really a fan either, although I guess it makes sense for them to use it in at least one mainline game.. But it doesn’t really seem as fitting thematically in this as it did in Links Awakening considering the dream stuff.

I’d personally love it if they tried the Wind Waker style again for the top down games. The DS titles looked decent but the hardware didn’t really do the style justice. Could look amazing on Switch/Switch 2 I think.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
This looks so damn good! The music especially!!

Stillworld looks like a lot of fun. Was going to say that the boss battles look very boring and that the combat seems to be taking a hit with this installment, but thankfully Nintendo came to their senses and included some classic Link-style combat as well. Great!

I’m still not a huge fan of the artstyle but the new thumbnail artwork looks great:
GWPCmypXEAAUL3L

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I kind of love the contrast between a conventional handheld Zelda art style, which implies certain restrictions on movement and interaction, and a complete lack of said restrictions due to the additional mechanics brought in to the game.

Walking on trees ftw!

Top Bottom