• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

R600

Banned
Oh, fuuuuuuu................................................................k

I'm saying again, you need to consider that Schreier said that EARLIER this year, WHEN NOBODY HAD a dev kits. He was right about TF count number. Literally TF count number, not performance number, TF COUNT number!!! Your lovely "not talking vague bullshit" Tom, an "official" MS insider didn't knew shit, but Jason somehow knew target TF count.

So, you're taking Tom Warren words as gospel. So, people who takes Tom Warren words as gospel are people like you. Cheers!
Jesus Christ I give up. Have a good day.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
9TF NAVI beats STADIA...........
In other words, don't expect much in the way of substantial leakage just yet. The only thing to know for sure is that both Sony and Microsoft are aiming higher than that "10.7 teraflops" number that Google threw out last week (And, as has been reported, Microsoft's got a few things in the works.

He literally said number. Yes he backpeddled later but this is what his sources told him. And this is what we are discussing now. This number was confirmed by Tom Warren just this week. Klee has been saying double digits for a while now.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So, you somehow want to discredit all other insiders except Tom Warren.
Tom Warren literally said that ms is aiming for over 10 tflops. He uses him to dismiss klee but won't use his reporting when it contradicts his 8 tflops predictions.

Also love how anyone who doesn't believe in 8 tflops is a console warrior, ps5 fanboy, a fake insider, or a retard. No idea why team 8 tflops gets so personal over a fucking number.

Last edited:
Tom Warren literally said that ms is aiming for over 10 tflops. He uses him to dismiss klee but won't use his reporting when it contradicts his 8 tflops predictions.

Also love how anyone who doesn't believe in 8 tflops is a console warrior, ps5 fanboy, a fake insider, or a retard. No idea why team 8 tflops gets so personal over a fucking number.

Yeah, after Jason. But that doesn't mean i can discredit him because of that. He just confirmed what other insiders said which is good.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
So, you somehow want to discredit all other insiders except Tom Warren.
Again, you are not reading at all. It all started "What makes Klee wrong??????"

And I said what makes him wrong, same shit that makes Matt wrong.

In that we shouldnt take his words as gospel because he DIDNT SAY ANYTHING OF WORTH. Well, except Lockhart being dead when it isnt.

I said Tom, while being wrong at times as well, not only duo to being fed bad info from MS, but also because of his technical illiteracy, cannot actually be taken as gospel.

But Tom, along with Jason, at least broke stories and leaks (prospero by kotaku). At least he put his name behind article he posts on Verge, like Jason does with Kotaku, but it doesnt mean they know how many TF and BW new system have.

Which Jason clearly says. If dev told him "Yea we are also a bit in a dark regarding exact tech specs, but everything is basically 2x" he would most certainly take it as 10TF+ and higher then Stadia, because its "basically 2x plus", but everyone that folllows tech knows its not simple as that.

Thats why I am not buying any leaks unless they are leaked next gen docs (like it was case for Pro). Only leaks I trust, and what people who followed me here know, are :

Prospero - Kotaku
Gonzalo/Ariel/Flute APU and benches
PS5 dev kit PCB leak (from May)
Lockhart being alive (collaborated by Tom, Thurrot and Jason).

Thats it.

R600

Banned
There are PC games that already implement VRS and you can see the performance differential here:

Only a console warrior would oversell it to push his lowballing agenda down our throats... cut the BS, unless you want to see PCMR pricks mocking all this wondrous secret sauce.
Yes, in PC games where they throw shit at wall and see what sticks. Make no mistake, future engines will be designed to use VRS as efficiently as possible.

Oh since we are at it, answer me about 9TF Navi 2 not being able to outperform 2070 and 2080, when I proved you current Navi XT running at lower clocks (therefore lower TF) beats 2070 easily, and in some new games beats 2080 (RDR2)?

R600

Banned
In other words, don't expect much in the way of substantial leakage just yet. The only thing to know for sure is that both Sony and Microsoft are aiming higher than that "10.7 teraflops" number that Google threw out last week (And, as has been reported, Microsoft's got a few things in the works.

He literally said number. Yes he backpeddled later but this is what his sources told him. And this is what we are discussing now. This number was confirmed by Tom Warren just this week. Klee has been saying double digits for a while now.
Klee has been saying double digits for while (as in few weeks), but apparently its been there on Ree since May and Jasons post.

Its very likely possibility that he clarified aiming above 10.7TF because his source told him "everything is basically 2x". Thats why I said - ITS VAGUE. He doesnt have documentation. He doesnt have numbers. They have vague inside sources.

Go back to last gen leaks and IBM/Kotaku being VERY wrong on TF count. It stated with cross fire GPUs and ended up in GPUs that had 2-3 times less TF then top GPUs in PCs.

R600

Banned
Yeah, after Jason. But that doesn't mean i can discredit him because of that. He just confirmed what other insiders said which is good.
And I can confirm my insider told me 10+TF so I collaborate on this with Jason. Oh and Lockhart is alive, I collaborate with Tom/Brad on this one.

I am top tier source.

Again, you are not reading at all. It all started "What makes Klee wrong??????"

And I said what makes him wrong, same shit that makes Matt wrong.

In that we shouldnt take his words as gospel because he DIDNT SAY ANYTHING OF WORTH. Well, except Lockhart being dead when it isnt.

I said Tom, while being wrong at times as well, not only duo to being fed bad info from MS, but also because of his technical illiteracy, cannot actually be taken as gospel.

But Tom, along with Jason, at least broke stories and leaks (prospero by kotaku). At least he put his name behind article he posts on Verge, like Jason does with Kotaku, but it doesnt mean they know how many TF and BW new system have.

Which Jason clearly says. If dev told him "Yea we are also a bit in a dark regarding exact tech specs, but everything is basically 2x" he would most certainly take it as 10TF+ and higher then Stadia, because its "basically 2x plus", but everyone that folllows tech knows its not simple as that.

Thats why I am not buying any leaks unless they are leaked next gen docs (like it was case for Pro). Only leaks I trust, and what people who followed me here know, are :

Prospero - Kotaku

Gonzalo/Ariel/Flute APU and benches
PS5 dev kit PCB leak (from May)
Lockhart being alive (collaborated by Tom, Thurrot and Jason).

Thats it.

If you believe Kotaku about Prospero, than you believe Jason Schreier which works for Kotaku. I mean, WTF??? I really mean, WTF???

tenor.gif

You literally shits on other insiders, but not Tom. You literally said that Tom doesn't post vague BS like Matt and Klee.

No, its because he hasnt leaked a thing. Like Osiris, he is vague. No specifics except "There is NO Lockhart guys" (which was wrong BTW). I am also waiting for Jason and Tom to be wrong about TF like alot of good jurnos where in gens before. Jason NEVER got right TF amount btw, only that MS and Sony are "aiming above Stadia". It is true even with 9TF Navi without VRS and RT, let alone with it.

Also, Tom and Thurrot at least leaked dual SKU strat from MS. They also work in industry and do not post vague BS like Matt and Klee do all the time.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
If you believe Kotaku about Prospero, than you believe Jason Schreier which works for Kotaku. I mean, WTF??? I really mean, WTF???

You literally shits on other insiders, but not Tom. You literally said that Tom doesn't post vague BS like Matt and Klee.
I think I never talked with such a retard in my life. Of course its different to brake technical specs (the thing that is actually important) and name of console.

In Kotaku article they literally said "someone contacted us and said Prospero is codename". The guy that knows TF to a T would not leak such info because its highly, highly classified. And if there was an easy way to get that info, it would have already spread like wild fire.

Btw we knew Orbis and Durango codenames 1 year earlier then we knew actual specs, so there is that...

Again, Tom is vague about specs. He was wrong. We believe on Lockhart being alive because it was collaborated with several well known and sourced insiders (Jason, Tom and Brad) . Possibly duo to it beung internal MS leak, but we wont trust Tom with "Arcturus and 12TF" because anyone who follows AMD knows Arcturus is chip for enterprise usage, GCN arch and been for year.

I think I never talked with such a retard in my life. Of course its different to brake technical specs (the thing that is actually important) and name of console.

In Kotaku article they literally said "someone contacted us and said Prospero is codename". The guy that knows TF to a T would not leak such info because its highly, highly classified. And if there was an easy way to get that info, it would have already spread like wild fire.

Btw we knew Orbis and Durango codenames 1 year earlier then we knew actual specs, so there is that...

Again, Tom is vague about specs. He was wrong. We believe on Lockhart being alive because it was collaborated with several well known and sourced insiders (Jason, Tom and Brad) . Possibly duo to it beung internal MS leak, but we wont trust Tom with "Arcturus and 12TF" because anyone who follows AMD knows Arcturus is chip for enterprise usage, GCN arch and been for year.

tenor.gif

Oh, now you're saying Tom was vague. Flip-flop-flip-flop-fliiiiip-flooooop.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

R600

Banned
Prospero being leaked by Jason/Kotaku isn't correct. It was leaked to Gizmodo between June and August this year:

Sorry, Gizmodo exactly.

So even more interesting. Not one tech site got even codename for console, let alone exact specs.

Prospero being leaked by Jason/Kotaku isn't correct. It was leaked to Gizmodo between June and August this year:

And now, we should discredit Kotaku and Jason for this. Really! Man, it's so fun discrediting insiders here. Flip-flop

R600

Banned
tenor.gif

Oh, now you're saying Tom was vague. Flip-flop-flip-flop-fliiiiip-flooooop.

giphy.gif
And have been saying from the start.

Tom Warren and Thurrot broke MS stories (first on Lockhart and first on "resurrection" of Lockhart). He was wrong about specs, and its quite normal because that is much harder info to get from insiders + he is tech illiterate.

What I also said is, Tom, Brad and Jason broke stories on their own sites, behind their articles. Klee is resetera poster that broke NOTHING and only thing of worth is him being wrong on Lockhart.

WTF is happening here with Xbone fans and their logical conslusions?
Jason literally said that both companies are aiming to beat Stadia TF count numbers. I've said that numerous times here.

If he said that both Sony and MS are aiming above Stadia TF count and working hard to achieve that, so, yes, both are above 10 TF and Navi architecture which IS CLEARLY above Stadia's 10.7 VEGA. Jason was right on TF count. Later was just confirmed by Klee, Jason and Reiner that both are above 10 TF.

Wouldn’t 8TF RDNA be more powerful than 10.7TF VEGA?

Lol this is comedy central out here.

"Hey R600 are you an insider"

"Yes, I collaborate with Klee, Matt and Osiris on everything they say"

"Thanks, great! You are now officially GAF insider".

I'm only quoting what they've said and discuss about it. I'm never said nor thought that you're insider, nor me. Cheers! Trying somehow to surreptitiously twisting your tail. Nice trying!

R600

Banned
I'm only quoting what they've said and discuss about it. I'm never said nor thought that you're insider, nor me. Cheers! Trying somehow to surreptitiously twisting your tail. Nice trying!
Exactly. Forum posters A, B and C posted this. Therefore they are privy of inside info as much as Tom, Thurrot (breaking MS stories for 10+ years) or Jason from Kotaku.

Exactly. Forum posters A, B and C posted this. Therefore they are privy of inside info as much as Tom, Thurrot (breaking MS stories for 10+ years) or Jason from Kotaku.

But nevertheless, like you said :

Also, Tom and Thurrot at least leaked dual SKU strat from MS. They also work in industry and do not post vague BS like Matt and Klee do all the time.

So, we should only trust information from MS shills

R600

Banned
But nevertheless, like you said :

So, we should only trust information from MS shills
Truth is Thurrot and Tom posted dozens of inside stories about MS, and again with Lockhart being right.

So we should at least take into consideration what guys with name, surname and face behind their articles that they posted for decade + say regarding MS.

What forum poster A, B or C posted is of no worth if they havent broken shit until now (which includes Klee, Matt and Osiris). Really hard to argue with people who cannot understand this.

So we should at least take into consideration what guys with name, surname and face behind their articles that they posted for decade + say regarding MS.

What forum poster A, B or C posted is of no worth if they havent broken shit until now (which includes Klee, Matt and Osiris). Really hard to argue with people who cannot understand this.

But Tom Warren also has broken shit................ Oh dear!!!
Yep, only MS insiders counts despite others are well known ( Jason Schreier, Kleegamefan ). Gotcha!!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I am surprised how many people take any of these "insiders" as being true sources.

Sure they may get something right in the end but anything that truly leaks is in all likely hood a controlled leak.

Until something is official just have fun with this stuff.

R600

Banned
But Tom Warren also has broken shit................ Oh dear!!!
Yep, only MS insiders counts despite others are well known ( Jason Schreier, Kleegamefan ). Gotcha!!
Well known insider - Kleegamefan lol jesus christ

Yes Tom Warren has broken many inside stories on MS, he has great connection in Redmond. Had for decade. Only writes on MS on Verge.

Does he know everything? No. Does he know tech details? No, likely no. But is he dozen times verified guy on MS stuff? Sure as shit he is.

Matt, Klee and Osiris? Ree role playing insders. You cannot give them same benefit of a doubt as you would for Tom or Jason since they have never broken any story. Nothing. Zlich. Nada. This is cboat all over again...

Racer!

Show some respect, and dont disguise your opinions as facts.

What or who you choose to believe is subjective. If you choose to believe someone who has been wrong on multiple occasions and/or are borderline fanboys, I`m not going to call you a retard.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
Show some respect, and dont disguise your opinions as facts.

What or who you choose to believe is subjective. If you choose to believe someone who has been wrong on multiple occasions and/or are borderline fanboys, I`m not going to call you a retard.
I will chose to believe guys who leaked two SKU strat and discless One S back in 2018 before Ree role playing insiders, yes.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
Fine, I have no problem with that. The lack of respect I have problems with.
I also have lack of respect for people twisting my words and putting fingers in their ears when being talked to.

I never said Tom is only valid source. I never said he is never wrong. All I said is you cannot put forum posters A, B and C on same level as guys like Jason, Thurrott or Tom who broke dozens of stories in last decade and put their name and face behind each article they wrote.

If you continue to act stupid and still act like I am calling Tom Warren only legit source, you are gonna be called retard, yes.

Last edited:
Well known insider - Kleegamefan lol jesus christ

Yes Tom Warren has broken many inside stories on MS, he has great connection in Redmond. Had for decade. Only writes on MS on Verge.

Does he know everything? No. Does he know tech details? No, likely no. But is he dozen times verified guy on MS stuff? Sure as shit he is.

Matt, Klee and Osiris? Ree role playing insders. You cannot give them same benefit of a doubt as you would for Tom or Jason since they have never broken any story. Nothing. Zlich. Nada. This is cboat all over again...

Klee is a well known insider, longer in industry than Tom. I've read EGM as a child.

I also have lack of respect for people twisting my words and putting fingers in their ears when being talked to.

I never said Tom is only valid source. I never said he is never wrong. All I said is you cannot put forum posters A, B and C on same level as guys like Jason, Thurrott or Tom who broke dozens of stories in last decade and put their name and face behind each article they wrote.

If you continue to act stupid and still act like I am calling Tom Warren only legit source, you are gonna be called retard, yes.

You twisting your own words. You literally shits on every other insider except those who has MS as source. You literally did that.

This literally means only MS insiders are proven, but well known others like Klee and Jason with name and surname AREN'T

Between the lines: "So i'm gonna believe Tom Warren when he says one thing, but then discard the other things he says that doesn't fit a particular narrative?" And along with that, shits on other insiders as less valuable despite being well known. Gotcha, dude!

Last edited:

Racer!

You can decide that for yourself, not for others. Those same guys have also been wrong multiple times and are as I said what you could call insiders to one specific brand and have a horse in the race. That discredit them. Klee for example is an ex journo with no feet in any camp.

You talk of this as if it were facts. If it were you could predict the future and be a very rich man. However, believing that, thats retarded.

R600

Banned
Klee is a well known insider, longer in industry than Tom. I've read EGM as a child.

You twisting your own words. You literally shits on every other insider except those who has MS as source. You literally did that.

This literally means only MS insiders are proven, but well known others like Klee and Jason with name and surname AREN'T

Between the lines: "So i'm gonna believe Tom Warren when he says one thing, but then discard the other things he says that doesn't fit a particular narrative?" And along with that, shits on other insiders as less valuable despite being well known. Gotcha, dude!
Except you are making stuff up. All I said was forum posters A, B and C cannot be held to same level as well known insiders without breaking some stories. Which they havent done.

Posting cryptic message which mean nothing such as Osiris, or saying "Yea guys youll love it I saw PS5 game it was unlike anything I ever seen", cannot be taken as inside scoops. Sorry, they cant.

Google "Sweetvar neogaf" and you will see what and how good unknown source posts.

"At least take into consideration what they say" =/= ABSOLUTELY BELIEVE EVERYTHING MS SHILLS SAY

Last edited:
Except you are making stuff up. All I said was forum posters A, B and C cannot be held to same level as well known insiders without breaking some stories. Which they havent done.

Posting cryptic message which mean nothing such as Osiris, or saying "Yea guys youll love it I saw PS5 game it was unlike anything I ever seen", cannot be taken as inside scoops. Sorry, they cant.

Google "Sweetvar neogaf" and you will see what and how good unknown source posts.

Forum posters you say.....

Kleegamefan writes posts on ERA. But Jason Schreier and guess what, Tom Warren also write posts on Resetera. Btw. Tom Warren said that Lockhart is alive again on ERA first. On ERA, not on Twitter or on Verge, on ERA. A forum poster Tom Wareen.

"All I said is you cannot put forum posters A, B and C on same level as guys like Jason, Thurrott or Tom who broke dozens of stories in last decade and put their name and face behind each article they wrote. !

Guys and gals, i presents you the pure shape of double standards!!

Last edited:

R600

Banned
Forum posters you say.....

Kleegamefan writes posts on ERA. But Jason Schreier and guess what, Tom Warren also write posts on Resetera. Btw. Tom Warren said that Lockhart is alive again on ERA first. On ERA, not on Twitter or on Verge, on ERA A forum poster Tom Wareen.

Guys and gals, i presents you the pure shape of double standards!!
Yea and Phil Spencer writes on twitter and R600 writes on twitter, so R600 is real insider.

Yea and Phil Spencer writes on twitter and R600 writes on twitter, so R600 is real insider.

You said a forum poster like Klee isn't on the same level as Jason and Tom. But both of them write posts on ERA.

You were digging your own hole. All the time here.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

R600

Banned
You said a forum poster like Klee isn't on the same level as Jason and Tom. But both of them write posts on ERA.

You were digging your own hole. All the time here.

giphy.gif
He is not. Because behind Jason and Tom there is Jason and Tom, real jurnos that work for biggest tech sites.

If you cannot comprehend it, its a bigger issue then who is right or wrong here.

R600 is on Twitter, therefore R600 is as valid source on MS news as Phil Spencer, since both are on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom