• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not. Because behind Jason and Tom there is Jason and Tom, real jurnos that work for biggest tech sites.

If you cannot comprehend it, its a bigger issue then who is right or wrong here.

R600 is on Twitter, therefore R600 is as valid source on MS news as Phil Spencer, since both are on twitter

Jason and Tom ARE forum posters. That's a fact.

Klee is an ex-journalist. He isn't less valuable than Jason and Tom.
What are you trying to prove with your example. LOL. You weren't a journalist, nor you have any dev contacts like Klee.

Like i said numerous time and this is perfect example :

Between the lines: "So i'm gonna believe Tom Warren when he says one thing, but then discard the other things he says that doesn't fit a particular narrative?" And along with that, shits on other insiders as less valuable despite being well known.

Keep digging your own hole. Only God knows how much is deep

Last edited:

R600

Banned
Jason and Tom ARE forum posters. That's a fact.

Klee is an ex-journalist. He isn't less valuable than Jason and Tom.
What are you trying to prove with your example. LOL. You weren't a journalist, nor you have any dev contacts like Klee.

Like i said numerous time and this is perfect example :

Between the lines: "So i'm gonna believe Tom Warren when he says one thing, but then discard the other things he says that doesn't fit a particular narrative?" And along with that, shits on other insiders as less valuable despite being well known.
No I am R600 and, like Matt, Klee and Osiris I am insider because I post on forum. And since Tom and Jason post on forum, we are all the same insiders.

But Tom Warren also has broken shit................ Oh dear!!!
Yep, only MS insiders counts despite others are well known ( Jason Schreier, Kleegamefan ). Gotcha!!
Exactly. Forum posters A, B and C posted this. Therefore they are privy of inside info as much as Tom, Thurrot (breaking MS stories for 10+ years) or Jason from Kotaku.
Isn’t Kotaku shady as fuck? Didn’t they just have a bunch of people walk out on them? I’m fairly certain a controversial opinion will get them clicks. What are Jason’s credentials? Has he had any inside scoops before?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I don't know why everyone is up in arms. This is basically what we have heard since E3 except the RT. The PS5 is 5-10% more powerful. How is that anything new or shocking. Until we get details on the RT part there is really nothing new here same shit since June.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I don't know why everyone is up in arms. This is basically what we have heard since E3 except the RT. The PS5 is 5-10% more powerful. How is that anything new or shocking. Until we get details on the RT part there is really nothing new here same shit since June.

Because certain ppl don't want tht to be true thy think everything tht comes out of Phil's pr mouth is gospel or true or misinterpret things.

If their system of choice is weaker for some reason thy lose tht all important game cred thy have 😭🤣🤣

And yes for the most part all signs have been pointing to PS5 being more powerful.

Last edited:

onQ123

Really it doesn't matter which is more powerful because the power advantage will only last a few years or even less if Microsoft is successful at getting PC gamers to buy games that they can play on Xbox & PC.

vpance

It's been basically nothing new, but how they all came out to say the same thing recently means it's something safe to leak or confirmed. At least that's how it's usually worked in the past.

FranXico

It's been basically nothing new, but how they all came out to say the same thing recently means it's something safe to leak or confirmed. At least that's how it's usually worked in the past.
Latest "vague leaks" are also saying something which was pretty much a given: that RT on both consoles will be underwhelming compared to what you can have on PC.

R R600 is Hialgo Boost what you are referring to as VRS ?
"intercepts and on the fly modifies commands sent from the game to the graphics card, optimizing performance frame by frame. When you are in action and the camera moves, BOOST decreases the resolution to boost the framerate. When camera stops, it restores full resolution. This provides optimal responsiveness and smoothness for the game, even with weak graphics card."

Gamernyc78

Banned
That baffles me. Any power difference this gen should be minimal. It won't actually make a difference. Especially with first party titles.

Ima be honest. With how good Sony first party games are and look it would make zero difference to me if the PS5 turned out a little weaker even though it seems quite the opposite will happen. Alot of shit going around in here is insecurity but for what? A plastic box 🤣🤦‍♂️

Mass Shift

I really liked how things were going around here . Sure people believed whatever insider they wanted but there was some intelligent wiggle room and flexibility in the overall speculations.

But now we're back to the "All or Nothing" viewpoints again. This pretty much kills off the possibility of anybody being a little wrong, just everything RIGHT or DEAD WRONG.

Respect each other's opinions and give yourselves a little room people.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Latest "vague leaks" are also saying something which was pretty much a given: that RT on both consoles will be underwhelming compared to what you can have on PC.

That was always a given. If true where it will be mainly utilized for shadows and AO (like “leaked”), then I will be more than happy.

Pre baked or dynamic lighting has come a long way (RDR2 and Driveclub anyone?), so RT being used for less intensive work, but on key assets like shadows goes a long way.

Plus, HDR already makes lighting look even more believable.

I’m telling you, the games they are both going to show off, even for launch, are going to melt our eyes.

Last edited:

nowhat

Pre baked or dynamic lighting has come a long way (RDR2 and Driveclub anyone?)
HZD uses several (six, if I recall correctly) pre-baked lighting conditions, and the day/night cycle basically just blends them to create an illusion of an actual day/night cycle.

And at least personally, that's perfectly fine. It may not be "real" global illumination, but meh, who cares. I would be totally OK with it if the same technique is used in the inevitable sequel and the added CPU/GPU resources would be used elsewhere.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
HZD uses several (six, if I recall correctly) pre-baked lighting conditions, and the day/night cycle basically just blends them to create an illusion of an actual day/night cycle.

And at least personally, that's perfectly fine. It may not be "real" global illumination, but meh, who cares. I would be totally OK with it if the same technique is used in the inevitable sequel and the added CPU/GPU resources would be used elsewhere.

I still have to play HZD. I have it in my backlog for download.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ima be honest. With how good Sony first party games are and look it would make zero difference to me if the PS5 turned out a little weaker even though it seems quite the opposite will happen. Alot of shit going around in here is insecurity but for what? A plastic box 🤣🤦‍♂️
who is more powerful makes zero difference to me because sony devs had by far the best looking games back during the ps3 era on a gpu far less powerful than the 360 gpu, with split ram with only 256mb of the total 512mb available as vram, all the while being handicapped by the cell processor. they quickly figured out how to take advantage of the cell processor... uncharted, ratchet and heavenly sword looking stunning despite being year 1 titles. and by 2009 they had mastered the cell's intricacies, learned how to go around 256mb vram limit and offload AA from the shitty gpu onto the cell.

these guys are extremely talented when it comes to getting the most out of any console. Death stranding has no business looking that photorealistic on 1.8 tflops gpu. no true sony fan should care if sony comes under MS.

i personally would hate to see an 8 tflops gpu but i have no doubt in my mind, sony devs will figure out ways to get around it all. and i would love to see anaconda hit 12 tflops. or even 15 tflops if they want to target $599. more tflops is better. i dont care if sony hits that number or ms. i dont know why people want these consoles to be underpowered so bad. its like WANTING to fuck 4/10 girls over perfect 10 models. no one wants that. all this jerking off over a 4 tflops lockhart is hilarious to me.

p.s Panello in the era thread recently said that he thinks the ps5 is 8 tflops because they are targeting $399. he was still working for ms up until last year. this explains why ms believed they would set the benchmark last year. their information suggested an 8 tflops $399 console. he also said that he can easily see them go with a lot more tflops if sony's plans have changed and they are now targeting $499. he clearly believes that a $499 anaconda will have more tflops than a lousy 8 tflops. 8 is your $399 console. does anyone here still believe sony is going with a $399 ps5?

Thorrgal

[
Lockhart is awesome, imagine the next gen console at 299-349$ price point plus gamepass 😯💪 awesome stuff.

No wonder a lot of people were mad at that news because it will definitely be the best selling next gen console at the start of the new gen era.

Lol so first adopters and hardcore gamers are gonna buy the gimped console? Seriously?

Lockhart will be the worst selling console of the three, and by a huge margin

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
[

Lol so first adopters and hardcore gamers are gonna buy the gimped console? Seriously?

I dont know dont under estimate what that cheaper price will mean to buyers especially parents buying kids new consoles at Christmas.

Plus if this machine is 100% targeted at 1080p users and MS tries to convince anyone on a 1080p TV/monitor this is all you need I think many will jump on it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
[

no gamer here is buying that trash, yes. they just love it because it means ms will finally have a shot at being the best selling console.

but lockhart will sell millions to unsuspecting buyers during the holiday season. soccer moms, grandmas, dads who arent gamers, kids begging their parents for the latest next gen console will see the $249 to $299 option and they will have no choice but to buy it.

you are not going to have bestbuy and walmart employees trying to talk parents out of buying lockhart. make no mistake, this is a genius move by phil. it just sucks that it comes at the expense of shitty specs and developer vision of next gen. Phil will win by fucking over everyone else. i said this a few days ago, lochart is good for business, bad for the people.

FranXico

I still have to play HZD. I have it in my backlog for download.
200.gif

And only trust MS insiders because others do post a vague BS.
Typically, those shills you speak of are typically on point. But I will say this, this is a time where details aren’t final and we should be skeptical of everyone. There appears to be a lot of “devs” and “GameStop employees” coming out of the woodwork. Personally, I’m thinking there are some sleepers looking to get some YouTube ad revenue. Every time there is a dumb ass leak a new YouTube video is made. So you really can’t trust anything.

Bodatan

Banned
[

You will be surprised when most
of gamers didn't even give a shit about 4k, they just wanted to play their yearly next gen COD and FIFA, by lowering the entry point of next gen hardware price Lockhart is going to sell a lot.

Fake

Gold Member
You will be surprised when most
of gamers didn't even give a shit about 4k, they just wanted to play their yearly next gen COD and FIFA, by lowering the entry point of next gen hardware price Lockhart is going to sell a lot.

Oh, you mean gamers will buy a Lockhart for play a 'next gen' FIFA/CoD with they can play on base Xbox One?

Make sense.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
no gamer here is buying that trash, yes. they just love it because it means ms will finally have a shot at being the best selling console.

but lockhart will sell millions to unsuspecting buyers during the holiday season. soccer moms, grandmas, dads who arent gamers, kids begging their parents for the latest next gen console will see the $249 to $299 option and they will have no choice but to buy it.

you are not going to have bestbuy and walmart employees trying to talk parents out of buying lockhart. make no mistake, this is a genius move by phil. it just sucks that it comes at the expense of shitty specs and developer vision of next gen. Phil will win by fucking over everyone else. i said this a few days ago, lochart is good for business, bad for the people.
Its a brilliant move because I will be buying PS5 to play PS5 exclusives while also buying Lockhart for 1440p gaming on GamePass.

I'll buy few Sony exclusives like this gen, but if most top games end up on Lockhart I will be using it quite a bit. In addition to that, I am looking forward to xcloud and ability to stream games from system. Its a win win for all. Sony gets to make couple exclusives a year I will be playing, MS gets shit ton of 1080p-1440p systems out there for rest of us on Game Pass.

Oh, you mean gamers will buy a Lockhart for play a 'next gen' FIFA/CoD with they can in base Xbox One?

Make sense.
But Lockhart will have Zen2, not Jaguars. And Lockhart will have Navi 2 with RT hardware and will just be GPU trimmed down version of Anaconda aimed at 1080-1440p, not 2013 system. Its gonna be a brilliant, brilliant business decision by MS.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
But Lockhart will have Zen2, not Jaguars. And Lockhart will have Navi 2 with RT hardware and will just be GPU trimmed down version of Anaconda aimed at 1080-1440p, not 2013 system. Its gonna be a brilliant, brilliant business decision by MS.
But 'gamers don't care' remember?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: TLZ

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Oh, you mean gamers will buy a Lockhart for play a 'next gen' FIFA/CoD with they can play on base Xbox One?

Make sense.

A 4TF Lockhart will beat any current console and people will buy it.

I just hope it does not hold back those of us who buy the higher end machines.

Fake

Gold Member
A 4TF Lockhart will beat any current console and people will buy it.

You guys are not make much sense for the sake of the argument. First gamers don't care, them they only want a console to play 'third party next gen' games and finally 4TF with we can't even sure if will be in par with Xbox One X. And lets not forget the possibility of media drive for the Lockhart.

Just stop using the price point. Its just like saying 'PS4 win because price'.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
You guys are not make much sense for the sake of the argument. First gamers don't care, them they only want a console to play 'third party next gen' games and finally 4TF with we can't even sure if will be in par with Xbox One X. And lets not forget the possibility of media drive for the Lockhart.

Just stop using the price point. Its just like saying 'PS4 win because price'.
Nah you are not getting it. There are gamers who care and gamers who dont. Gamers who care will buy PS5 or Anaconda, does who dont - Lockhart

He's hurt that hes dream next gen console might not hit hes expectations, reality doesnt evolve around him, he thinks gamers like him must & should only play a 13-15TF machine and companys should make stuff for hes likings.
It's business boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom