• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xool

81Th8F6.png

GyqQnT6.png

Nmwrr18.png

A next gen sci-fi game from Ubisoft or Activision, and Ghostof Tsushima running on PS5 ..

Track record so far is 0%. Do we need verification really ?

xool

Gotta say I'm on board for this 52CU rumor though.

(and apparently the Kleegamefan 64CU thing [resetera] was just him confirming the math was right, not the 64 number - ie he was trolling..)

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I Just want You guys to remember what "fake" inside came with the Crazy Idea that the PSM date would be a reference to PS5 Power and Heard that it is actially getting more close to 14tf than 13tf

Knock it off.

If you refuse to go through a very simple process that this site has done, and protected for well over a decade with zero issues in that track record, then stop derailing this thread with your passive aggressive innuendos.

Everyone else, stop baiting him as well.

Toe-Knee

The Pro disables 4 to make 36, correct?

Still makes no sense to have the same amount of cores, with no overhead for either RT implementation or other such additions.

I would say in the 50's at least with what they are trying to achieve.
BC games won't have rt they will run as they did originally. To add rt they would need a ps5 earth at which point they wouldn't be using the BC profile

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
BC games won't have rt they will run as they did originally. To add rt they would need a ps5 earth at which point they wouldn't be using the BC profile

That is not what I was talking about.

Base PS4 profile will use 18 CUs
Pro profile will use 36 CUs

So why would they build a new machine that will still only have 36 CUs, not leaving a whole lot of room for PS5 based features?

To me, for what they want to achieve with 4K/60 plus RT, etc., the CU count would have to be higher.

Last edited:
This user has been removed from the thread. Ignored/refused several posts about the vetting process for "insider" info.
CameFromNearFuture CameFromNearFuture you will excuse me if i ask you again, you said that it was reference to psm date what was that again ? thx
and what was the CU count ?

PSM official date Will match PS5 FINAL specs.

And the count was 56CUs Last time I read the papers.

BOTH Will be such a beast of a console that consoles War Will be as pathetic as ever.

PSM official date Will match PS5 FINAL specs.

And the count was 56CUs Last time I read the papers.

BOTH Will be such a beast of a console that consoles War Will be as pathetic as ever.
so according to your infos :
full 56CU@2Ghz = 14,3 tf
4 disabled 52CU@2Ghz = 13,3tf
(if 2Ghz is still a thing/ according to the 2.0 you posted) ok, thanks.

TeamGhobad

Banned
mass effect made me go from ps2 to xbox360.

i still remember this trailer i was blown away.

Space RPGs are my jam, if the ps5 has something similar that is exclusive i might have to jump ship.

Last edited:

Mass Shift

stop taunting him or it gonna go full circle again.
-------------------------------------------------
is there any of you guys that consider that maybe next gen might have changing parts like Pc does ?

Modular console design is a thought I continue to entertain from time to time. I'm not sure how it could be pulled off.

nowhat

I'm thinking MS will go with more CUs at lower clocks and Sony will indeed go with less CUs and higher clocks. Something like 64x52.
If that's indeed the case, then I hope Sony has some master plan about cooling, that's an area where they definitely lost to Xbox this gen (the original One design might be seen as just playing it safe by making it big enough, but One X is seriously impressive engineering).

SgtCaffran

If that's indeed the case, then I hope Sony has some master plan about cooling, that's an area where they definitely lost to Xbox this gen (the original One design might be seen as just playing it safe by making it big enough, but One X is seriously impressive engineering).
Well they do have that new cooling patent...

nowhat

Well they do have that new cooling patent...
Oh yeah, I'm aware of that. But companies apply for (and are granted) patents all the time that never make it into a physical product. As noise level has been something of a recurring talking point this gen with PS4, I hope Sony has paid attention to it. And I'm not saying they wouldn't have, but we'll see.

(Still waiting for that TF man to come here all verified and ready to spill the beans... but perhaps I'm a realist and will turn myself in, it's past midnight already here.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom