• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadom

Oh no, Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem dusted again. Common bro, don’t go out like this. Enjoy the game chatter without the petty crap. Be critical constructively, don’t kick dirt in peoples faces.
His post was:

Don't panic, get a PS5 when available, soon enough. It seems to be easier here though to secure a preorder on each wave.

It was in response to Hawking Radiation considering buying a Series S. Ban worthy? Must be something I don’t understand.

"But... why Digital Foundry is comparing Cyberpunk in PS4/X1 with Far Cry 3 in PS3/X360?"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
vmAcDa4.jpg

Last edited:

Shmunter

tbh, the post he got banned for sounded pretty harmless to me. overreaction?
His post was:

Don't panic, get a PS5 when available, soon enough. It seems to be easier here though to secure a preorder on each wave.

It was in response to Hawking Radiation considering buying a Series S. Ban worthy? Must be something I don’t understand.
Does seem a bit odd. It also says Multiple in the ban message. Must be a combination.

sircaw

Banned
His post was:

Who the hell are these people that are reporting Bo for that kind of post, Is fucking sad if your getting banned for that kind of content, it seems so mild.

Radical_3d

I did not watch TGA... it is the best thing to do... it is the second year I do that and in the other day when I open GAF there barely any thread with announces.

So what the point of TGA? A marketing show without games releases? I mean I would like to have E3 again like it was thousand times better.
I assume no rationality in GAF. Of course the best is to not see them, spetially from Europe (I went to sleep after a guy with the guitar started sinning). Besides, can you imagine entering here and finding no console warring?

tenor.gif

Neo Blaster

I did not watch TGA... it is the best thing to do... it is the second year I do that and in the other day when I open GAF there barely any thread with announces.

So what the point of TGA? A marketing show without games releases? I mean I would like to have E3 again like it was thousand times better.
I thought it was supposed to be an awards event.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Realistically when do you guys think PS5 will be in stock where you can walk in a shop or order online without worrying about it being sold out.

Kerlurk

Banned
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem must really catch fanboys in their feelings to be getting banned this much. The report button is abused every time he post I bet.

I don’t see any of his post that was needing of a ban.

Past warnings is the reason.

Tsk, tsk, being in a Microsoft Flight Simulator thread and telling people (might be construed as such) (was actually suggesting only Hawking Radiation (since he was considering)) to buy a PS5. Here's the post:

REASON: [+Multiple] Never learn, consider this your permanent ban warning console warrior.

EXPIRES: Dec 31, 2020
(Oh no, he's coming back!)

If the mods give you a warning, you better walk on egg shells.

Here is the ban discussion thread:

Here are the latest bans:
Listed at the very bottom the site, and I check it daily for entertainment. Some people! Not you Bo. Sorry you got banned. (shaking in respect at the local Sony boss).

Anyway, he's too busy playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Bo_Hazem classroom session:
Bo: "Say the console's name."
Class: "Playstation 5"
Bo: "Damn right!"

We will welcome our Sony boss back in the new year. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:
anyone know if Astro A40s with the 2013 mixamp work on ps5? I hear it needs a firmware update to run everything through the usb since no optical.

I keep reading conflicting shit on their website. 'We support older generations of hardware via firmware update' Yet I can't find shit. The Astro command centre says unsupported device detected.

ethomaz

Banned
Realistically when do you guys think PS5 will be in stock where you can walk in a shop or order online without worrying about it being sold out.
I can only say about Brasil.
There is a new shipment last week with around 10 units in each retail.
Now the orders are for February... you can buy today but they won't ship before Jan 27 and you won't receive it before Feb 2.

mitchman

Gold Member
As for PS5, I pre-ordered in April and the delivery date just moved up from May 2021 to March 2021, so getting closer. In comparison, XSX was super simple to get, I just ordered it randomly and got it day before release.

"But... why Digital Foundry is comparing Cyberpunk in PS4/X1 with Far Cry 3 in PS3/X360?"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
vmAcDa4.jpg
But that game didn't freeze in some sections as I remember, also has much less bugs, Cyberpunk is the son of Fallout 76 and Skyrim.

Yesterday I had to reload save files 3 times because my UI just have an issue and I cannot continue playing, aside all the stupid errors I saw
only yesterday and I am playing in PC.

Kerlurk

Banned
If CDPR doesn't stop the count the metacritic and opencritic scores will go below 80.

For Critic Reviews it's already below that on the consoles, and it won't go below that for PC, as most reviews for that has already been submitted, and that's the version that people are not complaining about.

Seems if you type in "Cyberpunk 2077" in google search, there is a side panel in the search results about the game, and it shows a metacritic score that's reflects the PC version.

edit: just re-searched that term, and now I get the console score in that side panel. Strange that.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
For Critic Reviews it's already below that on the consoles, and it won't go below that for PC, as most reviews for that has already been submitted, and that's the version that people are not complaining about.

Seems if you type in "Cyberpunk 2077" in google search, there is a side panel in the search results about the game, and it shows a metacritic score that's reflects the PC version.
It is already 83 on OC... I can see it going lower than 80.

They can do that?
I don't know... can they? It was a joke.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
But that game didn't freeze in some sections as I remember, also has much less bugs, Cyberpunk is the son of Fallout 76 and Skyrim.

Yesterday I had to reload save files 3 times because my UI just have an issue and I cannot continue playing, aside all the stupid errors I saw
only yesterday and I am playing in PC.
Yeah I'm playing on Pc too and it is a real bug fest.The UI barely works with controllers, sometimes weapons stats simply refuse to show until I relaunch the game (really good for stats based weapons), don't try to walk on non flat surfaces, the police teleport or attack me for no reason(no wanted stars)I once climbed a vent that lead me inside a mall that was locked and that vent was locked going from inside to outside but not the opposite and it quicksaved when I get there.
Why is the reload button the same as the action button?
I have to manually change the language each time I launch the game even with gog in french.
Honestly I kept my hype low since the gameplay reveal and weirdly the gunplay (for which I was seriously doubting) is better than expected but the rest of the game is a real letdown to me.
The log system is cumbersome at best and why does the game automatically follow a mission I come nearby when I had another mission manually selected?
I don't get how it reviewed so well on PC, in its state right now I would've rated it at 6 or 7, it can pull out a 9 but not with that much problems, and all of that was a small sample of the problems I encountered, I could go on and on about it.

SSfox

This is what they were hyping up? No PS5 patch or anything? What were the exciting updates? :pie_thinking:

Yeah there was no big announcements today, just some merch and wallepapers, but this tweet shows that Sony and Kojima are still in great relationship despite the FUD news by the same desperate haters people that were trying to say the opposite.

About some huge announcement i'm sure Kojiprod are working on something awesome that just not ready to be revealed.

aclar00

I'm almost kinda relieved CDPR hired another dev to make a next-gen version of The Witcher 3, lmao.

In a more serious note, this practice of announcing a game (which might not even begun development yet) and already giving it a launch date/window has to be dropped ASAP. This might not be a problem in and of itself, but it does lead to crunch, delays, releasing a broken game, etc.

Maybe a more pressing issue to address is that of delaying a game but already giving another release date - it only adds more crunch, bad press, and further delays, should it not meet the new deadline.

I'm not a game dev or anything, so feel free to correct me!

I dont know the ins and outs either, but i dont think the release deadlines within themselves are the cause of problems. I believe its the publishers (not actual development team) that pushes for games to be release. Essentially, the longer the dev time, the less money they earn on their investment (due to paying devs, testers, etc...). Releasing a game, even if buggy can help offset the development cost and probably even pay for future work, such as patches.

Its kind of like Russian roulette. but the publisher's chances pay off more depending on the level of bugginess. Last thing they want to do is give refunds.

I also think that crunching will always be there, but some conssesions can be made to alleviate it (say 2 week crunch vs a month), but no game has an endless budget or time frame and eventually a deadline will need to be set. i also agree that if a delay occurs, publishers should probably not give a specific timeframe. However, they probably have to way the social optics of an indefinite delay...when this happens, hardcore gamers and news site seem to get into an uproar about the state of the game or speculate on internal conflict, which may hurt sales too...im not in marketing, but i would image there is a tug-of-war as to whether to release or delay a game.

just my 2 cents though, someone feel free to correct.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
His post was:

I love Bo..

But he went into a thread for a PC/Xbox exclusive and told someone to buy a PS5... then mouthed off to the person when they asked the rhetorical but appropriate question "Flight Simulator is coming to PS5?" It's not the first, or second, or third time he's trolled in Xbox threads either.

He keeps doing the same shit and really should just stay out of anything Xbox related but can't seem to help himself lol, I don't think he cares that much about getting banned.

thelastword

Banned
Who the hell are these people that are reporting Bo for that kind of post, Is fucking sad if your getting banned for that kind of content, it seems so mild.
Some of the XBOX guys literally follow you to report your posts.....So they keep reporting till you get several infractions and bam, you're hit with a multiple, sometimes for the tamest of posts, then the mods combine them.....I think the mods should check on people who are not here for any discussion but just to report Sony fans......From what I saw in his post, BO was just responding to a fellow Sony fan, kinda like giving advice...
You guys should ask what Bo was doing in a Flight Simulator thread.
Not smart from Bo :( I don't even know that game exists.
I think we are building too many walls around here. I've seen threads on games that are multiplat being referred to as "XBOX threads", even threads with PS versions being referred as XBOX threads. Look at some of the most hyped multiplats the last few years, at some point people were discussing Witcher 3, RDR2, Anthem and even Cyberpunk 2077 as if they were XBOX exclusive, if they had a marketing deal or was better on XBOX.......Or in some way people wanted to associate the hype to their console of choice.

What's crazy is that threads which have PC versions are also referred to as XBOX exclusive........I am a PC gamer,.....I played Gears 4/5 on PC, all the Horizons, Ori etc.....This means I can't discuss these games because I'm mostly a PS fan.......Hell, Flight Simulator is not even on XBOX yet, but's it's on PC, I'm I not allowed to enter these threads and discuss, because frankly, XBOX fans who have not even played those games will come after you in those threads when you have purchased and played those games and have access to a platform where you can play all of these games at even higher quality....Yet, they will come to these threads and claim it's theirs.....It's turf battle.....BO what are you doing in Flight Simulator thread, so they spam the report button...

Seriously, there should not be a general discussion mish-mashing all consoles together. There should be Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, and Cloud. Thus segregating and reducing the amount of unconstructive bullshit and keep fans in their lanes to have good conversations instead of being derailed every 2 posts..

Last edited:

Zadom

I love Bo..

But he went into a thread for a PC/Xbox exclusive and told someone to buy a PS5... then mouthed off to the person when they asked the rhetorical but appropriate question "Flight Simulator is coming to PS5?" It's not the first, or second, or third time he's trolled in Xbox threads either.

He keeps doing the same shit and really should just stay out of anything Xbox related but can't seem to help himself lol, I don't think he cares that much about getting banned.
Lots of Xbox guys in Miles Morales thread making fun of its length. I don’t think they were banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom