• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Lots of Xbox guys in Miles Morales thread making fun of its length. I don’t think they were banned.
Moderation aint perfectly fair.

Nor am I even saying I agree with the ban, I'm pretty much an anarchist when it comes to forums lol

But it's a bit more than just telling someone to wait to buy a PS5; he's not exactly being sneaky and has a ton of warnings and bans for similar stuff lol

All part of the Bo charm, his willingness to get banned ;)

Last edited:

ArcaneNLSC

Past warnings is the reason.

Tsk, tsk, being in a Microsoft Flight Simulator thread and telling people (might be construed as such) (was actually suggesting only Hawking Radiation (since he was considering)) to buy a PS5. Here's the post:

REASON: [+Multiple] Never learn, consider this your permanent ban warning console warrior.

EXPIRES: Dec 31, 2020
(Oh no, he's coming back!)

If the mods give you a warning, you better walk on egg shells.

He is the ban discussion thread:

Here are the latest bans:
Listed at the very bottom the site, and I check it daily for entertainment. Some people! Not you Bo. Sorry you got banned. (shaking in fear at the local Sony mobster).

Anyway, he's too busy playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Bo_Hazem classroom session:
Bo: "Say the console class"
Class: "Playstation 5"
Bo: "Damn right!"

We will welcome our Sony boss back in the new year. :messenger_beaming:

This is as innocent as the homework I gave the basketball camp I'm coaching to go watch this play on youtube to learn one of the greatest spin moves of all time

travisktl

I'm having a really hard time deciding if this could be game footage or not. I've spent countless hours in GT Sport, and the first thing I noticed was the first shot is 100% a replay camera angle that Polyphony uses, plus the trees look like the same ones in GT Sport. The grass near the end of the shot is much more detailed than GT Sport though. You can see tons of individual blades.

The rest of the video has Polyphony-esque replay type shots, but some of it looks like CG from the camera movements....although it could just be in-engine replay footage that is edited to look more like a movie. It all looks like a mixture of replay footage mixed with CG type shots...but, if anyone could actually achieve in-game quality like this for a racing game, it's Polyphony. I dunno! What do you guys think?

NewChoppa

Banned
I'm having a really hard time deciding if this could be game footage or not. I've spent countless hours in GT Sport, and the first thing I noticed was the first shot is 100% a replay camera angle that Polyphony uses, plus the trees look like the same ones in GT Sport. The grass near the end of the shot is much more detailed than GT Sport though. You can see tons of individual blades.

The rest of the video has Polyphony-esque replay type shots, but some of it looks like CG from the camera movements....although it could just be in-engine replay footage that is edited to look more like a movie. It all looks like a mixture of replay footage mixed with CG type shots...but, if anyone could actually achieve in-game quality like this for a racing game, it's Polyphony. I dunno! What do you guys think?

I’m like 95% sure it’s CG. If it was in game, it probably wouldn’t be GT Sport (this car probably won’t be coming to it)

travisktl

I’m like 95% sure it’s CG. If it was in game, it probably wouldn’t be GT Sport (this car probably won’t be coming to it)
For sure. I was kind of implying that it could be in-game meant GT7 footage. At this point, I'm sure that's what Polyphony is focused 100% on.

Last edited:
Xbox depends too much on third-party studios.

EpY6SzzXYAAcqp9
75f347606eba3eed998030ef8d47767d.png

How long do you guys think it will take for the Xbox Series X to get a must-play game?

Have you been under a rock?

They have announced a ton of first party games that's why they have been buying all of these studios, They can't just snap AAA titles into existence like Thanos, game development takes time.

ethomaz

Banned
Take out all the fraudulent sores and they are over 124%, probably happy with the results.
If you take the launch fraudulent scores it should be around 60-70 now.

It received tons os 10/10 even with all the bugs because CDPR blocked them to talk about them.

Mr Moose

ethomaz

Banned
this just tells me everyone is buying games on digital. I dont think Sony reveals PSN sales figures to anyone except for NPD.

I have no idea why people are buying consoles and not buying any games along with it. that chart makes no sense.
Definitely people in Japan are buying digital games. If in my country we buy mostly digital, then Japan who has much better internet infrastructure buys much more digital.
Switch released in 3 years ago when physical was still strong. PS5 released in 2020 where digital is stronger and got even stronger with COVID.

His post was:

Don't panic, get a PS5 when available, soon enough. It seems to be easier here though to secure a preorder on each wave.

It was in response to Hawking Radiation considering buying a Series S. Ban worthy? Must be something I don’t understand.

Don't panic, get a PS5 when available, soon enough. It seems to be easier here though to secure a preorder on each wave.
Jesus. Did Bo get banned for this post ? ^^^^

Last edited:

Make the thread

Those stats a very disingenuous. Its so easy to cherrypick.

Looking at top 3 games sold comparing the PS5 to the Switch, when the Switch has orders of magnitude higher market penetration owing to the fact that it came out 3 years ago.
Of fucking course its games are selling better, there are more people around to buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom