• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you dont care but have a problem that i been consistent in saying Xbox will be the most power. Look up my post history, look up yours.

You Will always say the best Xbox Will be more powerful regardless of what any leaked infor suggests.

You Will always be remembered as the deluded fanboy who preached cloud Power tô support Xbox one hardware and a hidden dual gpu

I got to admit that You are at least creative with some of your lunacy lol

Big deal. I also worked on MLB The Show for several versions, but I’m not throwing a fanatical ego around while shit talking a forum I am a guest of.

Especially when one’s own meltdown history has been on display since circa 2013.
You sure about that? All i said is Xbox will be more powerful and yiu seem to know alot about me? I know nothing about you.

demigod

Well, he has been a guest of Microsoft's E3 press conference over the years, so I think he does have some connections with Team Green. Not sure how he would know anything concrete about the PS5 though.
But it doesn't matter, the data miners seem to be spilling the beans.

He doesn't know anything about PS5. He's been spoonfed by MS for Series X, that tells me even MS themselves don't know Sony's plans.

No, I don't follow you. But I follow Xbox and PlayStation and seen you argue with people on the comment section.

EDIT: Oh, and the likes of ZhugeEX and Mat from NPD.
Lol ok thanks but i dont talk to zhuge he banned me for a scorpio symbol so sorry dont believe ya there

Your post history is on display from twitter. You have literally been a meme, bro.

Your words shit talking this forum are on this very page. I am speaking candidly with what you are literally writing yourself.
Thanks for knowing of me and the history here speaks for itself too right. Sorry brother that I think Xbox is more powerful and i have clued this forum into that very days before when we were on 10.24 tflop lol. Appreciate the follow

is it ? where did you get that ? Digital Foundry & WindowsCentral ?
A teraflop is a teraflop. When there were efficency increases from GCN 1.0 and 2.0, were people talking about if it's GCN 1.0 or 2.0 tflops? No, because there isn't a distinction. Flops are calculated by amount of cores etc in the GPU.
And how exactly would they reach an efficency percentage to put into a "GCN" flop vs a "RDNA" flops?
Test 50 games, get the average FPS increase? Maybe it would take 100 games? But what about DX12 games vs Open GL? What about the ability of different developers?
Or maybe they benchmark test a GCN card with the same clock and bandwidth etc to see what the increase is? But what program should they use as the default to get the official efficency ratio? Maybe they use all of them, and get an average?

Please just stop th silliness.
A Flop is a flop. They are calculated the same way. There is no such thing as a GCN or RDNA flop.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lol ok thanks but i dont talk to zhuge he banned me for a scorpio symbol so sorry dont believe ya there
I didn't want to be specific, but your video of you recording someone outside of Best Buy and saying NPD is on lock popped up. That's how I found about you when the NPDs were being discussed.

Last edited:
I didn't want to be specific, but your video of you recording someone out of best buy and saying NPD is on lock popped up. That's how I found about you when the NPDs were being discussed.
Yeah that was like 4 years ago lol, anyway, sorry if the dreams of 13tflop came crushing down. Will be fun in Feb . Take care

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Thanks for knowing of me and the history here speaks for itself too right. Sorry brother that I think Xbox is more powerful and i have clued this forum into that very days before when we were on 10.24 tflop lol. Appreciate the follow

I don’t care what you think is more powerful, you keep going back to that. Never given a shit what is more powerful when it comes to consoles that’s why I still have an OG PS4 and never bought a Pro.

If I worry about power, I upgrade my PC.

It’s your attitude towards a forum that you are a guest of, and your ego is in here making it all about you.

We can see what you’re writing. Repeating yourself with your projection and persecution complex trying to deflect your very own words doesn’t help.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yeah that was like 4 years ago lol, anyway, sorry if the dreams of 13tflop came crushing down. Will be fun in Feb . Take care
I never believed those rumors. I always thought both consoles were going to be between 10-12.

sorry if the dreams of 13tflop came crushing down. Will be fun in Feb . Take care

This is why I say you're fooling nobody. I don't care if the new Xbox is more powerful. I literally thought it was going to be for awhile. So I can't get upset about something I care little about.

Don’t care what you think is more powerful, you keep going back to that. Never given a shit what is more powerful when it comes to consoles that’s why I still have an OG PS4 and never bought a Pro.

I worry about power, I upgrade my PC.

It’s your attitude towards a forum that you are a guest of, and your ego is in here making it all about you.

We can see what your writing. Repeating yourself with your projection and persecution complex trying to deflect your very own words doesn’t help.
Same words Bish used to use persecution complex etxc. You yourself said you talked about me here and im a meme etc. i guess you dont think of things you write. Also if you dont care and get a pc lol why you here religiously. Lets be real. You dont like me because im a xbox fan, and i said xbox was more power, stayed consistent, Actually gave the forum some info about the leakss 2 days before, meanwhile you had your hopes high from a guy thats not even from this forum feeding you bullshit. Take care now

I never believed those rumors. I always thought both consoles were going to be between 10-12.

This is why I say you're fooling nobody. I don't care if the new Xbox is more powerful. I literally thought it was going to be for awhile. So I can't get upset about something I care little about.
Sure thing my friend

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Same words Bish used to use persecution complex etxc. You yourself said you talked about me here and im a meme etc. i guess you dont think of things you write. Also if you dont care and get a pc lol why you here religiously. Lets be real. You dont like me because im a xbox fan, and i said xbox was more power, stayed consistent, Actually gave the forum some info about the leakss 2 days before, meanwhile you had your hopes high from a guy thats not even from this forum feeding you bullshit. Take care now

Projection 101.

Live that twitter life, bro.

My post history is on display, I never once made even an inkling of what you are projecting with a broad stroke of yes, a persecution complex.

Bish might have gotten something right I suppose.

Last edited:
Guys there is also a problem with what the rogame has found out. A problem and also a opportunity...
Sort of .. he clarifies Oberon is Navi 10 ..
But we know very well that Navi 10 dont supports any hardware raytracing.
Which the PS5 will have as Cerny especially confirmed in the 2. Wired Article..

So , could it not be possible that this Oberon Chip was developed in parallel to give devs something to work with while the true 2020 chip with its raytracing is unavailable in dev kits before 2020??
Would make sense to me..

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Not really, but i have seen the posts by you and others , you sure do have your minds made up about me. All because of im a fan of a system that you arent a fan of

I would say the same thing to the JayTech guy if he was boasting about PlayStation 5 more powerful while pretending to be neutral.

Just be your self, don't need to be pretend to be neutral. I actually respect guys like Rand and he's actually one of the few names I follow across social media\twitter

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Guys there is also a problem with what the rogame has found out. A problem and also a opportunity...

So , could it not be possible that this Oberon Chip was developed in parallel to give devs something to work with while the true 2020 chip with its raytracing is unavailable in dev kits before 2020??
Would make sense to me..
no. the devkits support ray tracing. klee's game was on the ps5 devkit and had full ray tracing support for shadows and reflections.

at whatever cost! lol.. i want that power because i want to see Sony first party studios to go wild with it..

sony can subsidize a lot more this time though.. PSN is going strong and raking in a lot of profits.. but if they release a 9 TF console, I'd still buy it and be excited.. full reveal can't come soon enough..

sony's silence yet confidence is telling.. even that comment by gearbox ceo not being impressed with XSX's specs.. he knows the PS5 specs.. full reveal can't come soon enough..

Lone Wolf

at whatever cost! lol.. i want that power because i want to see Sony first party studios to go wild with it..

sony can subsidize a lot more this time though.. PSN is going strong and raking in a lot of profits.. but if they release a 9 TF console, I'd still buy it and be excited.. full reveal can't come soon enough..

sony's silence yet confidence is telling.. even that comment by gearbox ceo not being impressed with XSX's specs.. he knows the PS5 specs.. full reveal can't come soon enough..
If I ran PlayStation I would not subsidize more than a few dollars, and I certainly would not launch at $599. I also wouldn’t take the tweet by Randy as anything revealing either way. He’s just a dick.

If I ran PlayStation I would not subsidize more than a few dollars, and I certainly would not launch at $599. I also wouldn’t take the tweet by Randy as anything revealing either way. He’s just a dick.

in the event of ps4 when sony was being a lot conservative, and barely made any profit from ps3, psn barely gaining anything, Sony STILL sold ps4 at a loss..

with PSN raking in BILLIONS, getting those hard-core big time spender at the start of generation is crucial..

Imtjnotu

in the event of ps4 when sony was being a lot conservative, and barely made any profit from ps3, psn barely gaining anything, Sony STILL sold ps4 at a loss..

with PSN raking in BILLIONS, getting those hard-core big time spender at the start of generation is crucial..
From launch day PS4 was making a profit in its own. It cost $380 to make. If you take into account R&D Then yes it's a loss but from a pure manufacturing point it was not losing any money

From launch day PS4 was making a profit in its own. It cost $380 to make. If you take into account R&D Then yes it's a loss but from a pure manufacturing point it was not losing any money

you sound so sure.. there are differing estimations.. only Sony knows.. and from the horses mouth they said PS4 does break even if you buy a game.. so sold at a loss, but very little loss..

this time though sony knows early adopters are big spenders.. they would want to get them on board as soon as possible.. wait, isn't that what sony has said lately..

you may be right though.. who knows..

bitbydeath

polaris didnt support vega's rapid packed math and other vega features and yet the ps4 pro did a year before vega came out.

oberon can be navi 10 and still have some rdna 2.0 features.

Not according to AMD.

images

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

sony can but the question remains, will sony subsidize and risk their stock price that they have spend an entire gen building? all to please a few dozen forum users in the next gen threads on neogaf and era?

i would like to think so but times have changed. companies value profit over everything else. iphones are sold for a massive profit. each iphone sold nets apple a cool $200+. the pro came out without a 4k bluray drive which wouldve cost sony an extra $14 but they didnt bother. walmart makes billions in profits but i went there during christmas shopping and they had 3 cashiers working on a saturday evening. they all cut costs and save money. its why ever since the recession 10 years ago, stocks are going higher and higher and yet wages have remained stagnant. every corp is putting profits over consumers and yes even their own workers.

lets not forget sony cut evolution studios, guerrilla cambridge, zipper and incognito studios despite being extremely successful this decade. Evo studios and cambridge were cut after the gen started and they were making billions in profits. these studios probably didnt even cost them $10 million a year and they cut them anyway,

their mentality has changed. maybe. i mean there is no other explanation to why they would go with such a shit gpu. especially seeing as how ariel was 36 and then oberon remained the same number of cus. it was their original plan and when they did have an opportunity to increase the cus they chose not to and just increased the clocks to get another lousy tflop. not unlike what ms did when they went from 1.2 to 1.31 tflops.

i used to think sony would subsidize more than ms because they rely more on gaming than ms does, but im starting to see history repeat itself and it seems to sony's turn to fuck it up. the funny thing is that $399 9 tflops gpu will require extra cooling anyway and will have the ssd and expensive gddr6 ram just like ms. they will only be saving a few dollars on a smaller piece of silicon. at that point, ms should just swallow that extra $20-50 they spent on the silicon and price it at whatever sony aim to go with. pull a sony so to speak.

with all that said, i still dont believe that the ps5 is less than 10 tflops. but i wouldnt be too sure about sony not going after the casual crowd with an underpowered console.

sony can but the question remains, will sony subsidize and risk their stock price that they have spend an entire gen building? all to please a few dozen forum users in the next gen threads on neogaf and era?

nope they won't.. but sony knows early adopter expect power.. and early adopters are very important.. so it's a balancing act.. sony can release at $499 though because of brand power and exclusive games.. at $499 you can expect them to take bigger loss than the now somewhat conservative MS.. but who know maybe you're right.. :messenger_sunglasses:

TLZ

Banned
I dont need to be taken seriously by gaf with all due respect. If you want neogaf to be on the same level as the other forum, you need to be better.
No thanks. We don't want to lower our standards. We're happy where we are.

Also, you should learn a thing or two about respecting this place. Don't be here acting all high and mighty being disrespectful and expect to be respected. We also know all about your silly, lying, salty past. We haven't forgotten.

Guys I think I know what that 4TF Lockhart is. Occurred to me just now, I don't know if it has been suggestion before.

Klee hinted that it's for the cloud. It's for the servers and Azure. So a lot of people thought it will run XSEX's games but only at 1080p. But if it will run XSEX's games at 1080p then MS can still release it unlike what's being hinted that it's for the cloud.

DAYUM. It's for BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY with build-in server-worthy customization. XboneX might be unworthy for server applications so MS made one that can do BC and one that can also be used for cloud computing. Two birds in one stone.

What you guys think?

Sure XSEX's server blades can run BC games. But wouldn't it be a waste of resources. For efficiency purposes, MS made a 4TF server machine that can do that.

Would make sense to me..
It can be based off Navi with the inclusion of RT. Last Gen the GPUs included stuff that wasn't found on other GCN cards.
Not saying this exactly what has happened, but MS and Sony are customizing these APUs to their own requirements.

No thanks. We don't want to lower our standards. We're happy where we are.

Also, you should learn a thing or two about respecting this place. Don't be here acting all high and mighty being disrespectful and expect to be respected. We also know all about your silly, lying, salty past. We haven't forgotten.
We all know what went on here in the past too and what you and many supported, gladly will click ignore on you

44alltheway

So I just got back from work and there was a huge jump in this thread. From what I can tell, someone who has leaked chips for the past couple of years has said that the PS5 will measure out at about 9 TFs. How trustworthy is this? How does it compare to Kleegamefan? Why should I trust one of these insiders over another? I feel like I am the guy at the end of a Dragon Ball Z episode. IDK why we put so much emphasis on this BS, I'm still happy with my OG PS4.

TLZ

Banned
We all know what went on here in the past too and what you and many supported, gladly will click ignore on you
Yes. Open my history and you'll see exactly what I support. Does it hurt you so much that I like all systems and that I'm too mature for you? You don't see me joining a forum acting all high and mighty Mr.know-it-all with a shitty extremely delusional fanboy past, do you? You don't see me joining a forum boasting about how powerful my favorite box is going to be and keep rubbing it in hard because I know I want to piss certain fans off? How childish does this even get? I refuse to believe you're a family man and act like this.

And look at your contribution in this thread fgs. Every time you're here it becomes a circus of extreme fanboyism.

And of course I'm going on your ignore list. Too sensible for you. I'm honored.

Last edited:
So I just got back from work and there was a huge jump in this thread. From what I can tell, someone who has leaked chips for the past couple of years has said that the PS5 will measure out at about 9 TFs. How trustworthy is this? How does it compare to Kleegamefan? Why should I trust one of these insiders over another? I feel like I am the guy at the end of a Dragon Ball Z episode. IDK why we put so much emphasis on this BS, I'm still happy with my OG PS4.
Klee still chopping wood after he said that he knows the specs and hasnt posted much on the other forum. This guy been around, leaked amd chips, data miner they say, and well ppl were taking his tweets as news before he dropped the bomb of a 9.2 tflop console.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Don't even know why all of you guys are arguing back and forth when 1) final specs won't be set until around May and 2) if you're an Xbox gamer, no PlayStation gamer is going to change that and if you're a PlayStation gamer, no Xbox gamer is going to change that. Only Microsoft/Sony can change which console brand you prefer and that's based on if they do what you're looking for better than the other brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom