• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe in the US it could work but I'm in the UK. Bundle deals are £200 here. Not much room to get pricing lower given 20% VAT and at least a £40 game included. So less incentive for Sony to do a 7nm revision is my logic here.

The incentives would be profit due to lower cost (more part per wafer cost), dropping the price worldwide with a consistent MSRP, and the fact that the fabs are switching over to 7nm now.

More costly to stick on the current 16nm node when they have another console getting ready to fab on 7nm soon.

Well like i said nothing concrete as of now, i don't want your sources tells.
You wanna doubt it thats on you. If you like to make a bet id love to take you up on it. If dont care, well thats fine too. Something tells me tho you care with such definitive statements like they wont be further than 10 percent power diff on def something we know is not concrete

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Some people are so worried they are reviving that article speculating about Sony launching 2 consoles to calm themselves. :pie_roffles:

The rumor was talked about in December.

Some of these numbers everyone is going crazy over was posted a month before that.

There's a lot of speculation and not a lot of stuff has been confirmed.

WTF is going on here guys?

Can someone post a summary of the last 4 pages?

All i see is some guy 'rogame' posting tweets with alot of numbers that i don't have any idea what they mean and people mentioning 9TF, which to me is very fucking surprising since i been seeing 12TF since the Xbox Series X reveal. Also devs saying both are basically the same.

So again guys and gals. What the hell is going on ?? Someone care to post an easy to understand summary?

Racer!

We`re laughing so hard here :messenger_tears_of_joy: Watching this thread is is better than watching a Johnny English movie. Keep it up NeoGaf!

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
how come we are now talking about Sony having two skus now? Did something come up that makes us think that?

People have reported 12TF for both.

Now there's a 9.2 TF rumor.

PlayStation 5 Pro rumor came up in September.

It's clear people are going to look at the PlayStation 5 Pro rumor to see if they are in fact aiming for that.

WTF is going on here guys?

Can someone post a summary of the last 4 pages?

All i see is some guy 'rogame' posting tweets with alot of numbers that i don't have any idea what they mean and people mentioning 9TF, which to me is very fucking surprising since i been seeing 12TF since the Xbox Series X reveal. Also devs saying both are basically the same.

So again guys and gals. What the hell is going on ?? Someone care to post an easy to understand summary?
Ok ill give it to you short. The 13tflop dream based in fake insiders seems to been deemed bullshit now because a well known data miner from reddit made a twitter account and he put out oberons specs which is basically the ps5 apu. 9.2 tflop is now the new number, so like when 12 tflops for Xbox SX came up, the 13 tflop news came about, and now ppl are saying Sony has possibly two skus and this 9.2 well is the lower end lol .

People have reported 12TF for both.

Now there's a 9.2 TF rumor.

PlayStation 5 Pro rumor came up in September.

It's clear people are going to look at the PlayStation 5 Pro rumor to see if they are in fact aiming for that.
Why not go back yesterday? Or the day before that?

Besides a one guy speculating (it wasn't even a rumor) there's nothing suggesting 2 Sony consoles at launch.
how come we are now talking about Sony having two skus now? Did something come up that makes us think that?
There never were any leaks pointing towards that.
MS made the mistake announcing "Xbox ConsoleS" at E3, why would Sony leave that market to MS ?
For me it doesn't make sense (business wise), PS4pro was more like a test product to see how the consumer would react to it, and it did pretty well.
(MS & Sony) know AMD catalogue, it's the same products (chips) with special sauce for each company.

MS made the mistake announcing "Xbox ConsoleS" at E3, why would Sony leave that market to MS ?
For me it doesn't make sense (business wise), PS4pro was more like a test product to see how the consumer would react to it, and it did pretty well.
(MS & Sony) know AMD catalogue, it's the same products (chips) with special sauce for each company.
What fails here is that we have no leaks like we do for Xbox, and if indeed its looking like 9.2tflop machine, whats pro gonna be? 14 tflop?

R600

Banned
Prediction time

PS5

8 core Zen2 - 3.2-3.6GHZ
Navi GPU(RT/VRS) - 36CU 2.0GHZ 9.2TF
(40 total - 20WGPs but 4 deactivated)
16GB 256bit bus 448-512GB/s
4GB DDR4 for OS
SSD

XSX

8 core Zen2 - 3.2-3.6GHZ
Navi GPU (RT/VRS) - 54CU 1750MHZ 12TF
(Because they will have 3 x 20WGP - therefore 60CU but will deactivate 6 instead of 4 like Sony with 2 x 10WGPs)

20GB of GDDR6 560GB/s
SSD

Last edited:
What fails here is that we have no leaks like we do for Xbox, and if indeed its looking like 9.2tflop machine, whats pro gonna be? 14 tflop?
You are too deep into that fanatic mode of Sony beating MS & you want MS to win so bad that you missed :
Lockhart vs PS5 lite 5/6TF machines
as the POSSIBILITY that i was reffering to.

You are too deep into that fanatic mode of Sony beating MS & you want MS to win so bad that you missed :
Lockhart vs PS5 lite 5/6TF machines
as the POSSIBILITY that i was reffering to.
Oh so ps5 lite is 5/6 lol. Ive known for awhile Sony aint beating MS. I can show you the posts on this very forum lol. So i think you might be the one here having the issue of Xbox winning in power 🤷🏻‍♂️

R600

Banned
Those couldn't have been BW test results for BC mode? The slides mentioned CPU/GPU downclocking to run PS4 software.
No, it says in the dump - 1750MHz 16GB. Meaning 14Gbps chips at 256 bit bus = 448GB/s for entire sys.

GB/s per TF will therefore match Scarlet reveal video (560GB/s on 12TF GPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom