• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts?

hmq.jpg
Oops.

Forget 7nm+ EUV then. 300W+ consoles incoming.

Wow, where to start...

You do realize that I'm not disputing the info in the Github leak, right? I believe it's 100% true. What I'm disputing is the interpretation of what that data means. Many took it to assume it was a devkit that closely matched what the final PS5 will have. I'm taking it to mean that it's representative of the "early low-speed devkit" that we know Cerny showed off to Wired just a couple months before these tests were run. I've stated my reasons for believing this to be the case.

Regarding Tom Warren, and his comment about MS wanting to surprise Sony, you do realize he said this just after they did a surprise reveal of the XSX at the Game Awards, right?
Tom-Warren.png

Also, did you know at E3 he reported the rumored devkit for the PS5 was 13 TF,? This would have been after more devs started to receive the V shaped devkit:

Albert Penello stated he was guessing ~8 TF for the PS5 based on his assumption that they were going for a $399 price point. He doesn't have any particular insight into what Sony is doing and is fully open to being wrong:
Albert-Penello.png

As for Matt and Klee, I was talking about their discussions about the specs between XSX and PS5 over the past several months. No insider is touching the Github leak with a 10 foot pole because it's a hot potato right now and no one can blame them for not wanting to subject themselves to that nonsense. They've said what they have to say and it all fits beautifully in the theory I'm discussing. :)

So in June this year he heard the PS5 dev kit was 13tflops, yet in June this year AMD was benchmarking the PS5 GPU at 9.2tflops.
Hmmm....which one do you think is more accurate? I'm pretty sure AMD wouldn't have been benchmarking an outdated GPU spec, after already releasing the new 13tflop dev kits.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
He hasn't posted ANY specs. Not even a range. Nothing.
If you are gonna go public and proclaim that you have inside knowedge of the console specs, and take the fame of everyone sayong "Klee said this" "Klee said that" then its pretty reasonable for you to have to pony up with some facts.

He has said above double digits.

No one put a number on it until Windows Central said 12 TF at least I think thats who put the first TF out there.

R600

Banned
It’s a real chip, but it’s not impossible it’s a rejected design or something.
Maybe, but rejecting next gen design when it should be pretty much locked, but somehow still testing and fixing stuff on it does sound weird.

Yep.

Matt just responded on Era:

'I’m glad to see we’re moved pass thinking the Github leak was confirmation of anything'

So the Github leak is not accurate in any way ?
See, this is vague insider catch 22.

If repo was correct he will say "it was sarcasm", if its right he will say "told you guys".

Since everyone was asking any era insider to chim in and confirm or deny it, Matt took it to himself to be vague

Last edited:
Maybe, but rejecting next gen design when it should be pretty much locked, but somehow still testing and fixing stuff on it does sound weird.

See, this is vague insider catch 22.

If repo was correct he will say "it was sarcasm", if its right he will say "told you guys".

Since everyone was asking any era insider to chim in and confirm or deny it, Matt took it to himself to be vague
Perhaps at this point in time the information revealed is too sensitive for insiders to confirm or deny so they are instead keeping their distance until the final reveal.
Sony ninjas must be out in full force.

vivftp

So in June this year he heard the PS5 dev kit was 13tflops, yet in June this year AMD was benchmarking the PS5 GPU at 9.2tflops.
Hmmm....which one do you think is more accurate? I'm pretty sure AMD wouldn't have been benchmarking an outdated GPU spec, after already releasing the new 13tflop dev kits.

There're a million reasons AMD could have been running test, even on an older devkit. What, do you think this is the one and only time AMD ever ran test? They're always going to be running tests on hardware. Sony's sending devkits to as many devs as possible, so they might have still been sending out low speed variant to some studios in addition to the new V shaped ones.

Look, we know an early low speed devkit existed and was used in April 2019 in the Wired article. This unit was a giant silver PC tower. We know that another devkit using the V shaped design was sent out to devs just after GDC. The timing of all this lines up with when these Github test were run.

As for the 13 TF, that same figure was reported by Benji before he decided to quickly remove it because he wasn't 100% sure about the reliability of the info. We've also heard from Kleegamefan and Matt that PS5 and XSX are very close in power and Klee has noted PS5 has a small lead. A 13 TF PS5 devkit vs. a 12 TF XSX devkit lines up with that. A 12 TF XSX and 9.2 TF PS5 devit does not.

Anyways, I'm not trying to convince you here, I've stated my case and I'm going to stick with it, not because of wishful thinking or fanboyism or any junk like that. I'm going to stick with it because it makes the most sense to me when taking into consideration ALL of the available evidence that we have.

Yep.

Matt just responded on Era:

'I’m glad to see we’re moved pass thinking the Github leak was confirmation of anything'

So the Github leak is not accurate in any way ?

It is clear that it is not accurate, it had too many errors and contradictions, people thinking that Sony will present a console 3 tflops below MS is a LOL, the blow will be very strong.

R600

Banned
Perhaps at this point in time the information revealed is too sensitive for insiders to confirm or deny so they are instead keeping their distance until the final reveal.
Sony ninjas must be out in full force.
They are not leaking anything, only confirming it. Like DF, they didnt leak 12TF but confirmed it with their own sources.

If there is no source, there is no leak. When there is a leak and 10 different sources nod their head no body is gonna get in trouble, there is a clear difference between the two.

What Era insiders are doing is dropping extra cague hints and posts which can have double meaning. Like this one from Matt.

Last edited:
There're a million reasons AMD could have been running test, even on an older devkit. What, do you think this is the one and only time AMD ever ran test? They're always going to be running tests on hardware. Sony's sending devkits to as many devs as possible, so they might have still been sending out low speed variant to some studios in addition to the new V shaped ones.

Look, we know an early low speed devkit existed and was used in April 2019 in the Wired article. This unit was a giant silver PC tower. We know that another devkit using the V shaped design was sent out to devs just after GDC. The timing of all this lines up with when these Github test were run.

As for the 13 TF, that same figure was reported by Benji before he decided to quickly remove it because he wasn't 100% sure about the reliability of the info. We've also heard from Kleegamefan and Matt that PS5 and XSX are very close in power and Klee has noted PS5 has a small lead. A 13 TF PS5 devkit vs. a 12 TF XSX devkit lines up with that. A 12 TF XSX and 9.2 TF PS5 devit does not.

Anyways, I'm not trying to convince you here, I've stated my case and I'm going to stick with it, not because of wishful thinking or fanboyism or any junk like that. I'm going to stick with it because it makes the most sense to me when taking into consideration ALL of the available evidence that we have.
Add to that Reiner tweeted around E3 of this year that PS5 devkit was at 13TF.

Klee as well said both Scarlett and PS5 is above 10TFs and close in power.

You have all these sources from people in the know stating +10TF machines and then out of the blue you got this Github leak that puts PS5 at 9.2TF.

Surely you'd think a little before drawing conclusion that 9.2TF is the ceiling. We're less than 2 months away from the reveal of PS5 and apparently Sony is keeping things tightly under wraps until then.

You're playing with fire (if you're a person in the know) if you're willing to divulge sensitive information this close to the reveal. Its not worth it.

They are not leaking anything, only confirming it. Like DF, they didnt leak 12TF but confirmed it with their own sources.

What Era insiders are doing is dropping extra cague hints and posts which can have double meaning. Like this one from Matt.
DF believes ps5 is based off Gonzalo. Again, if ps5 is @ 36 cu , not too much wiggle room. Nothing really changed with the github stuff other than testing of what looks to be ps5 soc. All I know is that the hysteria all seemed to start after 12 tflops announced and then sources confirmed it. I still wonder how it gets to 56cu . Might he a really big chip which explains what komachi leaked

All those chips are tied to the consoles, so they must have been in progress at some point. The backward compatibility stuff tells us that.

Even with another Era style highly vague post. I mean, he can easily get out of this one the same way Klee did when he said "Specs are gonna disappoint you" back in August.
I wonder what happens if komachi leaks more and more of the same. Seems they are datamining these hard

Last edited:

R600

Banned
Era was crying for Klee, Klee never showed up.

They started to doubt all insiders that said it was close (as per doc, it really is close) and asking "why is no one speaking. Matt??"

And after 2 days Matt shows up with incredibly vague non statement that can be literally taken as sarcasm or "this info is no good".

Obviously, if you are fake insider like Era guys are, you have to take a good care and alot of time to put out vague statements regarding this burning issue. Now, there will be peace on era...

I dont think they will. She already mentioned in Aug that she wont be posting any more of it as it was sensitive. This was their source for console stuff.
Yeah, we will be in for a long wait, i think we might get teraflops at e3 but its only a matter of time. Most curious thing if its not rdna2, how does it get to that 56cu count?? Again 12 rdna was confirmed explicitly to me again by another source, one whom is even better than the one i submitted to mod of war

• LOL
Reactions: Dim

They started to doubt all insiders that said it was close (as per doc, it really is close) and asking "why is no one speaking. Matt??"

And after 2 days Matt shows up with incredibly vague non statement that can be literally taken as sarcasm or "this info is no good".

Obviously, if you are fake insider like Era guys are, you have to take a good care and alot of time to put out vague statements regarding this burning issue. Now, there will be peace on era...
Its better off. Ppl who say power doesn’t matter lol are clearly not being honest about. Both sides go crazy for it.

Racer!

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

NeroDaGod

Why do you take shit like this so personal?

It's like it hurts you deeply.

You're out here accusing people of having incorrect information and being 'fake insiders' and whine about other people giving them credibility when you and your other pals act extremely smug about the information you think is right...

You're a gigantic hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom