• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer!

Sure it's digging a grave.

The PS3 era was Sony's worst financials for their gaming division.

Sony didn't subsidize gamers with PS4 and still sold a ton and financials have been the best ever.

So why rock the boat with PS5 console losses?

Because the landscape now is completely different. Do you honestly think this is as easy as doing the same thing over and over? That they found some kind of blueprint for launcing successful console generations forever. If it were that easy the world would sure be a wonderful place.

The PS3 era was Sonys worst financials for sooo many reasons. This launch needs to be PS3 launch done right. They need hardware that outshines the competition in areas that matter....something the PS3 never had.

Last edited:

sneas78

Banned
Ohh nooo.
X0W5Ci4.png

quest

Not Banned from OT
I’m not surprised and I hope this gets further confirmed so that some here are brought down to earth
It's bullcrap if they are us the next gen rdna TMUs and tweaked CUs for ray tracing they are basically next gen rdna or rdna2 just a custom version. Its semantics at this point.

quest

Not Banned from OT
PS3 loss was devastating because it was so high but I think they'd take upwards to a $100 loss if pushed just not more than that.
The PS3 loss was deviating because not only because it was high it benefited home theater enthusiasts more than anyone not gamers. I think they could lose 150 usd per at launch and be fine this time because it is all to benefit gamers and lead to more sales. The PS3 they tossed the game division under the bus to.win a media format war.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
I'd like to know as well. Not seen Matt be rude or aggressive to anyone apart from his last post so wonder why some here are labeling him 'asstard' and the like.
People always looking for a reason to tear down people who are in the spotlight. It could be for anything little statement. He was probably a little frustrated and should of walked away but we all make mistakes.

Norse

The flow of this thread changes far too often. People attacking others over rumors,leaks,etc. Nothing is confirmed and yet it makes no difference. I just wish gaf would ban some of you guys. Your posts are nothing more than personal attacks. You know who you are so no need to point ya out. Mods need to clean house a bit in here. To the rest of you, enjoy yourselves and think about what you're all discussing here.

Mod from Reeeeeer (and formerly here), he has a cult following as an insider, yet has never leaked anything nor said anything non-obvious about any console. Always vague statements.
Matts been on target with stuff before, but also said stuff like devs got more out of ps4 cpu than Xbox which wasnt the case. I think Matts just trying to restore order over there, lot of ppl are sniping and getting @ each other instead of having nice convo.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Mod from Reeeeeer (and formerly here), he has a cult following as an insider, yet has never leaked anything nor said anything non-obvious about any console. Always vague statements.
I'm an insider too.

My prediction is PS5 and Series X will be 9 to 12TF each.

Both will have 16-20gb gddr6 ram

1tb SSD

CPU clocks of 1.7 to 2 ghz

Here's another leak I'll toss in nobody has done yet. At least one of the console makers will pack in a digital game or have a bundle box at launch too.

My apologies, you are correct. I honestly thought he was, likely because someone else had mentioned they were the same person and I ran with that idea.

Sorry! :)
No worries.. it's a completely understandable honest mistake. I just thought it should be clear so that the wrong person doesn't end up receiving any unnecessary comments from people :messenger_grinning_sweat:

All good :)

Matt on ERA saying that the github stuff isn't a confirmation...

12-14TF PS5 still on the table.
Possible the github leak is of an early low speed PS5 devkit (as mentioned in the Wired article).
Final devkit may be in developers hands now and a reason for why everything has been tight lipped regarding the final hardware until reveal time in less than 2 months.

Ovech-King

I'm an insider too.

1tb SSD

Here's another leak I'll toss in nobody has done yet. At least one of the console makers will pack in a digital game or have a bundle box at launch too.

Hmmm, have you been vetted first by the board of logics , son ??? 😆

vivftp

No worries.. it's a completely understandable honest mistake. I just thought it should be clear so that the wrong person doesn't end up receiving any unnecessary comments from people :messenger_grinning_sweat:

All good :)

lol, I can picture Piscatella receiving dozens of messages on social media asking about next gen all of a sudden and he has no frigging clue wtf is happening :D

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hmmm, have you been vetted first by the board of logics , son ??? 😆
lol.

Like the others, prove me wrong!

And if my predictions are off, I claim Sony and MS changed the final specs at that last minute and my source gave me old info.

That's how you cover your ass, while still claiming victory. :)

Last edited:
Can't wait to see where the dust settles for insider accuracy olympics.

You got some leaks saying PS5 is around 9TF, then you got some at 12-14TF.
All the insiders have said +10 TF. The github leaks is not the final PS5 chip. I'd bet my salary on that.
All that was revealed in the Github leak is probably the backwards compatibility clock speeds.
When you have one person claiming 9TF, then its perhaps questionable. But many have posted or hinted at +10TF for a while now with a slight edge to PS5.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
All the insiders have said +10 TF. The github leaks is not the final PS5 chip. I'd bet my salary on that.
All that was revealed in the Github leak is probably the backwards compatibility clock speeds.
When you have one person claiming 9TF, then its perhaps questionable. But many have posted or hinted at +10TF for a while now with a slight edge to PS5.
When Xbox X is already at 6tf, it's no stretch to guess PS5 and Scarlett will be 10+.

So when both systems come out in 2020 at let's say 11TF (for sake of argument), It's like predicting PS6 and Series Y mid gen systems around 2023-2024 will be be 16+tf.

Last edited:

demigod

I'm an insider too.

1tb SSD

What a terrible leak. You can bet your candyass that MS will pack in 3 months of Gamepass.

I'm an insider too.

1tb SSD

Holly shit balls. Get over to Era ASAP. With that level of guessing, oops I mean inside knowedge, you can be put on a pedestal with the protected classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom