• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawel86ck

Banned
You are talking the best settings for the RX 580 in Horizon and I'm talking the best settings in Forza 7 remember that......Does the XBONEX run Forza Horizon at the best settings? At it's reduced settings, does it run Horizon better than 4k 30fps?
According to Digital Foundy analysis xbox x version is almost maxed out and you need 30fps boost in order to run FH4 on RX 580 at 4K 60fs. You need 1080ti for locked 60fps with xbox x settings in this game.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
8z5nJj8.png
This guy is a dumbass. He start to put console war bait on twitter and everyone bashing him get blocked on twitter.
Idiot.

Nickolaidas

I love the fact that some of us who don't speak tech are so thirsty to know about the strength of next gen (and be able to understand the leaks) that we're dabbling into tech terminology and info.

Reactions: TLZ

ANIMAL1975

I have no bias and am eagerly anticipating owning all consoles, as I currently do and have every generation going back to when it was only Nintendo and Sega as the main players. You are omitting the fact that Xbox also has not stated their flop number publicly that was conjecture based on what Mr. Spencer said. I have said it a bunch of times here and elsewhere they are both ridiculously powerful and everyone is going to be a winner. No bias and no agenda everyone wins. Now, that being said one is still more powerful than the other (very slightly) and has a better RT solution. Funny story, games are already being made on both so developers do know their final target spec. Nothing has changed and it wont in this final hour. By account bet do you mean avatar bet? because I would be interested.
No
Stop with this nonsense
We know since forever by Apisac and Komachi that Gonzalo is ps5

Tweet:
@Komachi

GonzAlo is PS5

We know by PCB leak from a working manufacturer Asian dude that

Tweet:
@asian dude working on PS5 chip

PCB : Ps5 is CheckerBoard halfarse chip

We have AMD tests of Oberon, that is Ariel, That is Gonzalo, that Rogame datamined

Tweet:

@Rogame

Oberon is 36CU 9tf ps5

AAnd we got Alberto Penello, not random internet insiderlol confirmation

Tweet:

@albertoXrules.penello

PS5 is going to be 8, 9tf 399$ great machine, nothing to be ashamed of, we gamers should all happy

Here! All concrete confirmed information with tweets of Asian dudes and Penello to back up! What do you have? Your wishful dreams lol stap
Gonzalo

I leave a little, open gaf and see the thread jumped 4 pages! Ooh new info? Nope. Timdog's clownass showed up and his circus show commenced, as usual. How deflating.

Soon we'll all be on your ignore list. You enjoy hearing yourself. Makes sense.

Stop calling people fanboys you hypocrite. You're one to talk. Like fiddy said:

"You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house
And if you got a glass jaw, you should watch your mouth"

Because he's a hypocrite.

Watch out, he'll "politely" mute you!

I recommend we all put him on ignore.
Thank you bro.
Jesus... Turning the leaf my ass!

Forza not a high level game? Its better than the classic legendary Gran Turismo in every way. Comparing it to how it runs on PC ( which used to be awful but is now awesome)... just proves that all Playstation 4 games are gimped by the limited hardware. Its no feat of Sony hardware that makes their exclusives look good .. its the software ... and God of War, Horizon and the Last of us would all run super fast on PC.

If u want to talk about high level games how about bf5, or cod, ... any console game that runs at 60 fps on normal consoles runs at 4k 60 on xbox one x ... it doses exactly what was advertised ( unlike the ps5 pro).

Its no shock that rdr2 isnt 60 fps as you need a 2080 to run that at 4K 60 ... sorry i mean a 2080ti ;) ( the pc master race is < 1% of PC players)
One thing about Forza 7 we do know, the PS4 Pro couldnt run it in either native 4k or 60fps.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I love the fact that some of us who don't speak tech are so thirsty to know about the strength of next gen (and be able to understand the leaks) that we're dabbling into tech terminology and info.
It goes all the way back to 7 colours and only being able to show 2 colours in a 8x8 square on Spectrum v 16 colours on screen for the C64 for me and every generation since.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Guess who learned all the tech terms yesterday? Damn right it's me! I thought

it's going to be complicated but since I am a bit informed thanks to following the industry for all my life

Everything was easy to understand. So here I am, joining the discussions as of today

tenor.gif

thelastword

Banned
Embarrassing.
I know Sage would never throw me a bone, but TBF, there were some rumors way back in 2016 that Sony was considering a more expensive PRO......It could have been a PRO that fed the 64 rops of the PRO with more memory, yet some argued that it could have included a Zen CPU......For PRO, in hindsight, Zen would have been too much of a headache to make work as the mobile APU's for Zen and even 1st gen Ryzen launch after the PRO's launch...…..XBONEX launched closer to the mobile Zen APU, but as Cerny said, compatibility and cost were huge factors......MS was the only manufacturer who had a chance to put Zen in it's mid gen refresh, but the cost would be too much and way too much of a gamble for them after their slow start...The XBONEX with jaguars landed with 32 rops and at $500 dollars......Zen on XBONEX would probably make MS price the XBONEX at $6-700, that would be suicide for a mid gen refresh, seeing as even the $500 XBONEX had to be reduced quickly and was on sale almost immediately after launch.....

If that is something you needed to take task with that's majorly lame.
Call of duty Infinate Warfare is 4k60
Killer Instinct 4k60
But if its a passing match you want, show me anything on PS4 Pro thats native 4k60.
Anything remotely as good looking.
Microsoft releasing the X really shook your world didn't it?
Infinite Warfare is dynamic 4K...…….Killer instinct is probably the most basic looking and ugliest fighter the entire gen, those character models and textures (ewww) It also runs flawlessly on a RX 580 at 4k 60fps with a modest CPU, even when supers hit the screen unlike the XBONEX version.....Both Forza 7 and K.I can run easily on very modest PC hardware.....

FranXico

"WipEout Omega Collection looks utterly stunning, with remastered tracks and ships at 1080P on PS4 and dynamic 4K on PS4Pro all at 60FPS."
According to Sony anyway.

Resolution may be dynamic, but it never drops below 4k in Pro, just like it never drops below 1080p in base console. The reason for DR is that the PS3 game engine already featured this.

Also, many games on X are also using dynamic resolution, do ocasionally drop below 4k and people gleefully ignore this.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
According to Digital Foundy analysis xbox x version is almost maxed out and you need 30fps boost in order to run FH4 on RX 580 at 4K 60fs. You need 1080ti for locked 60fps with xbox x settings in this game.
Almost is not the best settings...…..Worse reflections, reduced lighting and shadows.....

This video explains it.....and remember, I have specified the RX 580 which runs Forza games better than the 1060.....X is using AMD hardware and the 1060 on the masher PRO still came on top, farless if the Masher PRO was decked with an RX 580....

Deto

Banned
"WipEout Omega Collection looks utterly stunning, with remastered tracks and ships at 1080P on PS4 and dynamic 4K on PS4Pro all at 60FPS."
According to Sony anyway.

Motion blur enabled:
-4K output: 2160p with checkerboarding
-1080p output: 1080p with 4x SSAA

Motion Blur disabled:
-4K output: Native 4K with 4x8 EQAA

Deto

Banned

Resolution may be dynamic, but it never drops below 4k in Pro, just like it never drops below 1080p in base console. The reason for DR is that the PS3 game engine already featured this.

Also, many games on X are also using dynamic resolution, do ocasionally drop below 4k and people gleefully ignore this.

Motion blur enabled:

Motion Blur disabled:

rsouzadk

You have to turn motion blur off.

thelastword

Banned
If that is something you needed to take task with that's majorly lame.
Call of duty Infinate Warfare is 4k60
Killer Instinct 4k60
But if its a passing match you want, show me anything on PS4 Pro thats native 4k60.
Anything remotely as good looking.
Microsoft releasing the X really shook your world didn't it?
I hope that you are not one of the posters who go, show me that's 4k 60 on PRO, there are none.....When you are shown you say "it doesn't count"......Hope you are not one of those.....

In any case, Wipeout is 4k 60fps with not a single framedrop…….It has a DR setup in case it drops, but it never drops.…It's also a remaster with updated visuals and looks better than Forza 7 to me.....Try it normally and try it in VR and be amazed....

This guy is a dumbass. He start to put console war bait on twitter and everyone bashing him get blocked on twitter.
Idiot.
So pretty much all these 12TF guys have thin skin, why do they rupture so easily....? Anyone who disagrees with them are politely ignored? Get that ass banned Low Tier God style... :messenger_grinning_smiling:

One thing about Forza 7 we do know, the PS4 Pro couldnt run it in either native 4k or 60fps.
It could run it actually at 4k 60fps, Forza is not a high bandwidth game...….

I said as good looking.
Perhaps you have not played it, get on it......

^ Current gen systems do not have CPUs (I won't call those cats that in 2020). LOL These comparisons are always nurfed by the use of used hardware or stolen software, etc. In 2015, a Xeon as used still retailed for over $200 and Windows is $100, the math is already falling apart.

You all are too concerned about the specs on both sides, I guess everyone is shooting for disappointment all around? Both systems should be able to handle games at playable rates for the entire generation, something that couldn't be said this gen. Everyone should be happy. Companies have different priorities, let's say both are looking to hit the market at $xxx, maybe one is shooting for the best they can do with a reasonably modest R&D budget (making the most of what is available in a tighter dev window) and one is working with a relatively large R&D budget. There will be some differences, as long as the engineers came to the table with something competitive, everybody wins. Keep in mind that these systems are made up of many components.

Comparisons to PC games are moot, the consoles have an edge in optimization thanks to known hardware. I have a feeling the games will look great.

thelastword

Banned
Motion blur enabled:

Motion Blur disabled:

Options are nice huh!, with no reductions in lighting or any great effect......MB is the first thing I turn off in 60fps games, that includes SF on PC, Uncharted Trilogy on PS4 etc.....I did the same with Wipeout, I played at 4k native 60fps with enhanced AA...….MB vs better AA...….Higher AA wins everytime….

Lort

Banned
I know Sage would never throw me a bone, but TBF, there were some rumors way back in 2016 that Sony was considering a more expensive PRO......It could have been a PRO that fed the 64 rops of the PRO with more memory, yet some argued that it could have included a Zen CPU......For PRO, in hindsight, Zen would have been too much of a headache to make work as the mobile APU's for Zen and even 1st gen Ryzen launch after the PRO's launch...…..XBONEX launched closer to the mobile Zen APU, but as Cerny said, compatibility and cost were huge factors......MS was the only manufacturer who had a chance to put Zen in it's mid gen refresh, but the cost would be too much and way too much of a gamble for them after their slow start...The XBONEX with jaguars landed with 32 rops and at $500 dollars......Zen on XBONEX would probably make MS price the XBONEX at $6-700, that would be suicide for a mid gen refresh, seeing as even the $500 XBONEX had to be reduced quickly and was on sale almost immediately after launch.....

Infinite Warfare is dynamic 4K...…….Killer instinct is probably the most basic looking and ugliest fighter the entire gen, those character models and textures (ewww) It also runs flawlessly on a RX 580 at 4k 60fps with a modest CPU, even when supers hit the screen unlike the XBONEX version.....Both Forza 7 and K.I can run easily on very modest PC hardware.....

So lets talk about how those Playstation games run on Pc ... fing fabulously since they run ok on a 1.8tf low GPU and jag CPU.

What was your point btw?

All i can see is youve helped reminded us all that Xbox one x plays many games at 4k 60, the PS Pro doesn't ... that Microsofts software engineers kick ass making games like Forza that run BETTER than GT with more features, more realism and cross compatibility with PC.

You sometimes come across as a console war fanboy trying to score points in some culture war.

What WAS your point?

thelastword

Banned
So lets talk about how those Playstation games run on Pc ... fing fabulously since they run ok on a 1.8tf low GPU and jag CPU.

What was your point btw?

All i can see is youve helped reminded us all that Xbox one x plays many games at 4k 60, the PS Pro doesn't ... that Microsofts software engineers kick ass making games like Forza that run BETTER than GT with more features, more realism and cross compatibility with PC.

You sometimes come across as a console war fanboy trying to score points in some culture war.

What WAS your point?
Fine, it plays many games at 4k 60fps, what are these games minus Forza? I still did not get an answer...

Armorian

Banned
Both Microsoft and Sony went on a record saying their GPUs will have hardware based Ray Tracing.
Both Microsoft and Sony went on a record saying their GPUs will have hardware based Ray Tracing.

Yep, but Osiris said that their solutions to RT are different and even leaks shows that (no mention of RT on suposed PS5 GPU). It could be hardware RT for both but with one performing ok and the other not so much (he earlier said that PS5 has better RT), that would mean versy limited usage in multiplatform games for parity.

PocoJoe

Banned

It is just annoying (generally) when bunch of people with almost zero knowledge try to give out their theories or "analyzes", while they barely even know what gpu/cpu are.

And then when somebody tries to explain why they are wrong, they dont get it because they dont understand the basics.

Then because of that, more morons without knowledge start to believe the "I have a theory"-moron because they cant understand what real tech smart people are saying, so in their eyes the one that cuts corners and talks in more simple terms is more believable.

One sign of intelligence is to know what you dont know, and then not trying to talk about things you dont know anything.

Console wars are kind of fight of retards whom dont listen to their teachers because they talk different language.

And then comes some "youtuber/leaker/insider" whom talks shit but tards think it is true and start to repeat it as a truth

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Lort

Banned
It is just annoying when bunch of people with almost zero knowledge try to give out their theories or "analyzes", while they barely even know what gpu/cpu are.

And then when somebody tries to explain why they are wrong, they dont get it because they dont understand the basics.

Then because of that, more morons without knowledge start to believe the "I have a theory"-moron because they cant understand what real tech smart people are saying, so in their eyes the one that cuts corners and talks in more simple terms is more believable.

One sign of intelligence is to know what you dont know, and then not trying to talk about things you dont know anything.

Console wars are kind of fight of retards whom dont listen to their teachers because they talk different language

You just described the Climate change debate, the American political discourse and the way the media all work.

thelastword

Banned
I’m still shocked Timdog happened on GAF... crapgame is probably the next?
I say let them all come......Tim Dog, Dealer, Crapgamer, Mister X Media, let them come argue and reveal their leaks, we will see how the real hardware compares to what they say in the end.....

thelastword

Banned
Even I can guess that with 100% certain.
No console will be revealed at E3.
Both will have events before that.
If aí have to bet: PS5 in Feb/Mar and Xbox in Apr/May.
Are you guys so sure about this February reveal......I would not reveal anything PS5 until LOU 2, FF7 and Tsushima drops....There is absolutely no reason or rush for Sony to reveal PS5 specs so early......PS4's 2020 is probably going to be it's best year for games......It should get the limelight IMO...

ethomaz

Banned
Are you guys so sure about this February reveal......I would not reveal anything PS5 until LOU 2, FF7 and Tsushima drops....There is absolutely no reason or rush for Sony to reveal PS5 specs so early......PS4's 2020 is probably going to be it's best year for games......It should get the limelight IMO...
It is my bet only but definitely before E3.
E3 will be where 3rd-party show playable games for launch in November.

Both companies have a exclusive reveal event before E3...

Last edited:

onQ123

This. @Mod of War has been quick to tell supposed insiders that they should either DM him and provide proof, or shut up. The fact that he's conspicuously quiet about @OsirisBlack either gives me hope that @OsirisBlack is verified, or shows me there's certain bias towards certain posters here, which frankly, would be disappointing on so many levels.

So which one is it?

He was verified years ago when Neogaf actually had industry people on the stuff who could verify people.

ethomaz

Banned
Yes that is the one also reading what you replied to others in this thread I don't care who has a power advantage but I will definitely take that bet. I think a year with the other persons avatar should do it.

Edited to add: I was vetted then Gaf went through its.... restructuring that's on Gaf not me. Secondly, I don't have a dog in this fight. I know what I have been told and what I have seen simply put laugh now cry later. I wouldn't make an avatar bet or an account bet if I weren't 100% certain of my source.

Directly at Timdog, with your sources high up in MS you should have known that several people had the box in their homes and it was completed correct? You should know about the new Fighting game they are set to reveal ,Ill wait. How about the exclusivity of several big name third party games.... right. The same reason I specifically name dropped Ghosts of Tsushima and the Same reason I blatantly stated the actual box was already in peoples homes is exactly how I know what I do. But let me guess those were really good exact guesses? Let me guess Battletoads is another really good guess right?
Thanks for the info.
There are some posters that get a bit out of the character when the “info” doesn’t match his personal wishes.
So don’t get mad about them.
We will soon knows if you are right or not... and I appreciate all the input you have.

Edit - There are a lot of new users so they will sure question if you are vetted.. just ignore they were not here in the past.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I just don't want another PS2/X-Box era where multiplats on the X-Box were PS2 ports and didn't take advantage of its hardware, leaving you with a console that only showed what it could do with 5 exclusives.

I also want the PS5 to be as strong as the Series X because that means I can buy the multiplats on the PS ecosystem's low prices (deals) and not forking 60$ on the Series X or pray the (multiplat) game will eventually be on Game Pass. Because in the end I want a console version of the multiplat which won't be far worse on another console without giving a lot of money for said multiplat game.

Hope that makes sense.

Looks like PC is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom