• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco_

I have a question that I am curious of what the general thought is. How important is it to you for the console to be super quiet.

What if both consoles are very close in power but PS5 uses air cooling to target $399 but the NextBox uses vapor chamber runs super quiet but comes in at $499?
? What type of cooling do you think a vapor chamber is?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You misunderstood my comment. I said I only gave info for the PS5 and it as a rough range. Someone insisted that that performance range be applied to both consoles. So what I did was say that if that's the range and you are hearing 9-12 TFLOPS then map that range to the 1080 - 1080Ti range to make them feel better. I don't know if that's the range because I don't know about the XSX specs.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say 5700 - 5700xt range seeing as that the ps5 has been confirmed to be Navi?

VFXVeteran

Banned
1080ti has no HW RT and other new features like VRS (3dmark shows 75% performance boost thanks to VRS tier2), so we cant really directly compare it with turing GPU's and next gen consoles as well. On top of that if developers will build games with SDD in mind, then we can expect huge VRAM requirements increase.

I think even 11GB on 1080ti can be a bottleneck in the near future. "Dealer - gaming" on his YT has compared his m2 SDD results with MS claims, and his SDD was loading the same game 3x slower. Most people on PC platform already have SDD, but not as fast.

According to leaks next gen consoles will have around 16GB RAM. I think 16GB with standard HDD would be not impressive, however thanks to extremely fast streaming developers should be able to use much bigger data structures, maybe even 2x times as big. So what developers will do when they will port their games on PC? They will probably increase load times and RAM requirements as well. It will not surprise me if next gen ports will use over 20GB VRAM on PC.

This is false.

11G VRAM on a PC + 16G regular RAM is better to have than 16G unified VRAM. Also, the console hardware memory isn't truly unified. A developer posted here a while ago that even that memory pool is "structured" in such a way that the CPU doesn't have direct access to the GPU's pool.

PC can use it's regular RAM for OS needs, and other side applications including the game where the level can be loaded. It would have ALL of the 11G for graphics.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
FQA2iUx.png

Almost everything is set to ultra as you can see according to Digital Foundry analysis.

04084110151l.jpg

Here you can see results from PC version. Both RX 580 and GTX 1060 can run this game at 4K 30fps, but if you want locked 60fps then you need 1080ti

Even if you will set everything to "high" RX 580 is still not fast enough to run this game at 4K 60fps (47fps average)

When it comes to Forza 7 here's GTX 1060 running ultra settings at 4K

34fps dips, so I dont think game can run at ultra settings on 1060 (at least not at 4K). What's more even at high settings game still dips below to 60fps (to around 52fps)

To sum it up people need a decent PC just to match xbox x settings and high end PC to play these games with maxed out settings at 4K 60fps. If xbox x can already run many games at 4K native then I'm not worried about next gen consoles. XSX should offer around 3-4 better framerate in the same game compared to xbox x. 12TF Navi is comparable to 15 GCN Vega, and VRS can boost performance up to 75% (according to 3dmark results). PS5 even at 9TF also should run many games at 4K 60fps.... although I still hope PS5 will end up with 12TF GPU as well :p (for now I trust insiders like Osiris or Klee).

I really don't know where you are getting with this FH4 comparison. Yeah, 580 can't run this game in 4K/60 but so does Xbox One X, last time I checked game has 2 quality modes:

3840x2160 30 fps

1920x1080 60 fps

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I have a question that I am curious of what the general thought is. How important is it to you for the console to be super quiet.

What if both consoles are very close in power but PS5 uses air cooling to target $399 but the NextBox uses vapor chamber runs super quiet but comes in at $499?
Well I still have to experience a loud console this gen.
I think I will be fine next gen.

ethomaz

Banned
I may be wrong about my level of English but here I understand that Osiris says that one is 12.4 and another 11.6, and has already said that PS5 is slightly more powerful and has better ray tracing. I have misunderstood it anyway ...
Seems more he give an example of gap between the consoles power.

VFXVeteran

Banned
^ Current gen systems do not have CPUs (I won't call those cats that in 2020). LOL These comparisons are always nurfed by the use of used hardware or stolen software, etc. In 2015, a Xeon as used still retailed for over $200 and Windows is $100, the math is already falling apart.

You all are too concerned about the specs on both sides, I guess everyone is shooting for disappointment all around? Both systems should be able to handle games at playable rates for the entire generation, something that couldn't be said this gen. Everyone should be happy. Companies have different priorities, let's say both are looking to hit the market at $xxx, maybe one is shooting for the best they can do with a reasonably modest R&D budget (making the most of what is available in a tighter dev window) and one is working with a relatively large R&D budget. There will be some differences, as long as the engineers came to the table with something competitive, everybody wins. Keep in mind that these systems are made up of many components.

Comparisons to PC games are moot, the consoles have an edge in optimization thanks to known hardware. I have a feeling the games will look great.

Have an edge in optimization means what? That they will run faster? look better? Same game?

Have an edge in optimization means what? That they will run faster? look better? Same game?

I wasn't refuting you so much as pointing out that the power increase will change the way games are built (on PC too) more than just the graphics. Ultimately it is consoles that control the development limits of games. To compare optimization, lets compare the OG PS4 hardware to comparably PC hardware of that age and see who's looking better overall. Consoles routinely squeeze more out of less, it's the way it has always been.

joe_zazen

At this point discussion is pretty pointless, on forums and other places on the Internet it's just people moulding info to suit what they want, it's pretty pointless, not really any objective discussions being had, because they have already been had, there nothing more to really say.

Fuck I need a break from this shit.

it gets bad is when fragile people—who use their online personas to numb the pain of real life—start getting personal. They get near unlimited energy and tap into the worst parts of human psyche, i.e. death/destruction impulses and the end result is hate, or at the very least, deep animosity. It stops being a discussion about a topic, and becomes an existential struggle to maintain a cohesive identity.

. Too much pain and anguish in these fights for sensitive types to watch. Some, however like looking at rl bood and gore (metaphorically speaking).

They don't know anything. lol

they might. But they have deep ties to the corporate pr machine, so they cant spill beans.

VFXVeteran

Banned
You don't need to look far to see evidence you don't like Sony platforms. Not two weeks ago I asked you to confirm if you saw any ray tracing in godfall. Your answer no when it blatantly has as confirmed by multiple sources.

I love Sony platforms. I love the Sony exclusives. Never said otherwise.

Godfall does not have any raytracing that I saw in that trailer. Just because DF indicates they "may" have seen it doesn't mean it's there. I also mentioned that Hellblade 2 was captured when I pressed my sources for an answer. Being captured doesn't sit well with me because that means, it's too demanding for an XSX. So no.. until I'm proven wrong with Gearbox stating that it was using RT, I wouldn't consider myself wrong for stating my thoughts.

Having a preference is ok, we all have them but you use your knowledge to talk down anything you can running on a certain brand knowing not many will really have the knowledge to argue against you.

I use my knowledge to argue against the fanboism. There is a difference. The reason why one may think I'm biased against the PS is because I hate the fantiscism and try to balance the scales a bit. I've never received those kind of vibes with the MS community. And I'm 99% sure that's because the Xbox games are on the PC as well. This generation will be different. We'll see a PS exclusive and when/if it's ported to PC, my arguments from the past will make more sense.

This is why when you imply Xbox is at ti level and ps5 is a vanilla 1080 contrary to all other comments attributes to Devs (eg both extremely close/ps5 slight advantage) it really does bring I to question what you are saying.

You are misjudging my intentions for that example. The Sony fans are shouting disappointment to 9TF for the PS5. I was only going with the rumor of that number and comparing it to my source's range. So again, I'm being misunderstood.

Just seems like you are playing to the crowd that are currently making the most noise to me

Nope. Not at all. Trying to educate and bring the fanticism down.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Ultimately it is consoles that control the development limits of games.

And that's not true either. I've said this many many times before already. Consoles are not the main development machine these days. Developers don't develop backwards to go from lower end specs to higher end specs anymore. It makes no sense.

You guys should read the Modern Warfare Artbook. It is very telling in how they produced this game (which I consider a true nextgen game on PC platform).

Disco_

I know I worded it wrong but in general vapor chamber is considerably more quiet then straight fan cooling.

Though recently even my Scorpio has been screaming in some games.

MS still shows the oneX as being liquid cooled on their site so I wasn't sure how you were approaching the question
It's a big flat heatpipe with liquid and wicking inside. Works off capillary action just as heatpipes do. So if a VC is liquid cooling, everything that uses heatpipes also uses liquid cooling.
With heatpipes, you carry the heat from the processor/GPU away to a sink to dissipate the heat. With a VC you spread the heat over the source and optimally take it away with a fan blowing across its surface. It doesn't make it inherently quieter and it comes down to fan choice. We used to run VCs in our server blades before switching out to water cooling. In a server environment, you have a flat VC sitting on top of the chips/s with a row of small, fast fans at the back of the rack. That is unbearably loud.
Looking at the design of the xsx, and my guess that the PCB will be vertical, Ms should be able to implement a VC properly. Though a single, low speed fan and seemingly insufficient intake clearance at the bottom has me a bit concerned. Maybe the feet in the renders will be higher in the final product.

vpance

Actually the last number I heard and posted was 2.1 which has changed as months have come and gone. Old early information.

Well you don't have to buy it as i'm not selling it. When I said what I did about the XSeX very few people had that information. Certain information is very easy to tie to specific people. Saying yea one is 11.6 and another is 12.4 is pretty specific. Saying one has a better ray tracing solution and the others is closer to the implementation found on the 1080 ti is also pretty specific and I have already stated that. Specifics are what get people in trouble, I fucked up when I even mentioned the Box being out in the wild. People took that as tales from the old arse and hey look MS showed the damn thing. Who said that before I did? Even more specifically I stated that Phil didnt have a dev kit he had the actual machine. So far I'm liking my sources track record so I will protect their identity.

If we're to assume that's an actual or near retail box, then it must be on 7nm RDNA. RDNA2 was recently as of a few weeks ago still in design on 7nm+.

The hints you've dropped are really connecting the dots, for me at least. lol

And that's not true either. I've said this many many times before already. Consoles are not the main development machine these days. Developers don't develop backwards to go from lower end specs to higher end specs anymore. It makes no sense.

You guys should read the Modern Warfare Artbook. It is very telling in how they produced this game (which I consider a true nextgen game on PC platform).

In some ways, but in most the old rules still apply. What dev is going to build a game where the AI and World can't be rendered on a base PS4? Answer, none. The base console hardware still sets the limits on the scope of games, simply because the games need to be playable (even if poorly) on that base (for profitability).

joe_zazen

I use my knowledge to argue against the fanboism. There is a difference. The reason why one may think I'm biased against the PS is because I hate the fantiscism and try to balance the scales a bit. I've never received those kind of vibes with the MS community. And I'm 99% sure that's because the Xbox games are on the PC as well. This generation will be different.

mental illness/arrestted development isnt just a sony thing, lol.

I use my knowledge to argue against the fanboism. There is a difference. The reason why one may think I'm biased against the PS is because I hate the fantiscism and try to balance the scales a bit. I've never received those kind of vibes with the MS community. And I'm 99% sure that's because the Xbox games are on the PC as well. This generation will be different. We'll see a PS exclusive and when/if it's ported to PC, my arguments from the past will make more sense.

You need only really look as far as this very thread to see it.

--

Frankly, all the smug bullshit from various people either side of the Console Wars; the whole "You'll see" schtick is getting very old, very fast.
And the fact that Tom Warren is still be cited as being some kind of insider baffles me. I have nothing against the guy, and I have nothing against The Verge, but there isn't a single person on their payroll that I can say has the faintest clue about how computer hardware works. He knows no more than any of us in this thread. Neither do Digital Foundry, or any other Journalist out there.

VFXVeteran

Banned
In some ways, but in most the old rules still apply. What dev is going to build a game where the AI and World can't be rendered on a base PS4? Answer, none. The base console hardware still sets the limits on the scope of games, simply because the games need to be playable (even if poorly) on that base (for profitability).

That's just untrue man. I know of a PS4 game that will release on the PC and will have all the features in it that if turned on for the PS4 would not run at all. Hell, you have Death Stranding and Detroit as an example. Those games were developed on a PC with insane tools. The textures were higher res (which makes the PS4 already unplayable). Do you know how much work it is to build a texture at 512x512 to run on a PS4 and then go back after the release and re-texture those same assets at 4k x 4k?

The scope of a game is unlimited. MW has body capture, extremely high detailed photogrammetry textures. Hell, even iD software uses an offline ray-tracer for development of their games as a good source target of what the director wants and then scales down the renders from there. I think you guys need to read up on how games are developed before strongly assuming that what you think is going on is correct. Especially when someone from the industry is telling you that that's not how it works.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

As long as they are not PS3 Phat loud, that thing was insane. The Super Slim is whisper quiet, I was astonished when I picked one up to replace the old boy a year ago.

My launch PS4 is still quiet (not as silent as the PS3SS). I take the cover off once every 2 years or so to dust it out, and it remains quiet as the day I got it.

I don’t hear them over the sound system anyhow (except the Phat boy). With that said, I would like Sony to adopt vapor cooling. It’s not like it is new tech, my GeForce 4 had it in 2003.

Last edited:
That's just untrue man. I know of a PS4 game that will release on the PC and will have all the features in it that if turned on for the PS4 would not run at all. Hell, you have Death Stranding and Detroit as an example. Those games were developed on a PC with insane tools. The textures were higher res (which makes the PS4 already unplayable). Do you know how much work it is to build a texture at 512x512 to run on a PS4 and then go back after the release and re-texture those same assets at 4k x 4k?

The scope of a game is unlimited. MW has body capture, extremely high detailed photogrammetry textures. Hell, even iD software uses an offline ray-tracer for development of their games as a good source target of what the director wants and then scales down the renders from there. I think you guys need to read up on how games are developed before strongly assuming that what you think is going on is correct. Especially when someone from the industry is telling you that that's not how it works.

You are very focused on visuals. PC games are prettier, but the game is still shackled to the limits of the base consoles. I've seen several devs talking about how they are excited for the new generation because of the doors opened by having a higher base CPU.

Dolodolo

[QUOTE = "VFXVeteran, post: 256389532, member: 769840"]
Это просто неверный человек. Я знаю игру для PS4, которая выйдет на ПК и будет содержать все функции, которые при включении для PS4 не будут работать вообще. Черт возьми, у вас есть Death Stranding и Детройт в качестве примера. Эти игры были разработаны на ПК с безумными инструментами. Текстуры были с более высоким разрешением (что делает PS4 уже неиграбельным). Знаете ли вы, сколько работы нужно для того, чтобы создать текстуру 512x512 для запуска на PS4, а затем вернуться после релиза и перестроить те же ресурсы на 4k x 4k?

Область действия игры не ограничена. У MW есть захват тела, чрезвычайно высокая детализация фотограмметрических текстур. Черт, даже программное обеспечение iD использует автономную трассировку лучей для разработки своих игр как хорошую исходную цель того, что хочет режиссер, а затем сокращает отрисовку оттуда. Я думаю, что вы, ребята, должны прочитать о том, как развиваются игры, прежде чем твердо полагать, что то, что вы думаете, происходит правильно. Особенно, когда кто-то из отрасли говорит вам, что это не так.
[/ QUOTE]

Where is Horison on pc ?

I mean the PC will always be more powerful, cause its a constantly evolving platform. Consoles can be cutting edge when they launch, but technology won't be standing still for their lifetime. Not sure why anyone is really contesting this at all.

psorcerer

Banned
This is false.

11G VRAM on a PC + 16G regular RAM is better to have than 16G unified VRAM. Also, the console hardware memory isn't truly unified. A developer posted here a while ago that even that memory pool is "structured" in such a way that the CPU doesn't have direct access to the GPU's pool.

PC can use it's regular RAM for OS needs, and other side applications including the game where the level can be loaded. It would have ALL of the 11G for graphics.

Obviously not.
Unified RAM is better for games.
Console memory is unified.

DJ12

I use my knowledge to argue against the fanboism. There is a difference. The reason why one may think I'm biased against the PS is because I hate the fantiscism and try to balance the scales a bit.
I see so because Xbox games weren't considered the best looking game by console peasants they get a free pass, whoever because some Sony fans felt the need to be rather pleased with how some first party games looked, rightly so, you feel the need to jump in and poo poo their ideas.

And you wonder why the ms community doesn't give you any backlash, they are living vicariously through your comments.

So you aren't an Xbox fan boy, you are just a troll that cannot let the console peasants have their hour of glory and if anyone actually raved about an Xbox game you'd do the same, unless of course it's Forza which I'm pretty sure you've said looks better than drive club.

I just looked for evidence of this but turns out your account and posts have been removed from b3d so this will have to stand by my memory which may or may not be faulty.

Needless to say theres probably a reason this is the only site of the 3 I visit that you aren't banned from.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
You are very focused on visuals. PC games are prettier, but the game is still shackled to the limits of the base consoles. I've seen several devs talking about how they are excited for the new generation because of the doors opened by having a higher base CPU.

Yes, I admit I am a visual person. It's my career skill.

But other things will happen as far as gameplay and that will be exciting for sure. Agree with you on that 100%.

But does that mean the consoles will be the development platform for the game? Like what would the consoles allow that a PC won't allow? The point I'm trying to make is that consoles don't cripple the PC.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Obviously not.

Can you explain to me then why:

Another game developer (on this very forum) said the unified memory isn't really "unified" since the memory pool is still separate? He even went on to say that you can't directly access GPU allocated memory addresses from CPU addresses and their would still be latency.

FYI - why do I get the impression that every time you reply to a comment I make it comes off as a reprimand for possibly saying misinformation but yet, you never "agree" with any of the statements I say that is true? I know you are a developer and know your hardware very well but I don't see any rebuttals on your end with some of the misinformation that a lot of these gamers here are making (and there is a lot). Why is that?

Last edited:
Yes, I admit I am a visual person. It's my career skill.

But other things will happen as far as gameplay and that will be exciting for sure. Agree with you on that 100%.

But does that mean the consoles will be the development platform for the game? Like what would the consoles allow that a PC won't allow? The point I'm trying to make is that consoles don't cripple the PC.

They don't cripple the PC as a games platform, but they stop the platform from being fully utilized in a lot of ways. There are very few PC exclusive titles now, most everything is built with the ability to run on 6 bad cpu cores and 5GB of RAM as a floor. If you created a game where an i3 and 16GB of RAM are needed at minimum for base game play, there's no porting that to console.

He was verified years ago before my time here, and nothing has changed in that regard that I am aware of.

Now with that said, verification doesn’t always mean what information anyone has is gospel. They are still treated as rumor and speculation, especially if their information comes from other sources and not directly with “hands on” themselves.

I have not been around since last evening due to the New Year, so I am catching up on everything myself.

Now, do you want to walk it back on your bias led spat you seem to be going off on, especially trying to elude that I’m a hypocrite?

I will say this, there is someone on here who I refuse to verify, mutually, to protect their very privy source to both machines. He has been posting, but in a way of “their guess/prediction” and not as an “insider” mantle, but I won’t say who it is. We will all find out official specs when they are both announced, and see how close this person was.

I think I know who that person is and to my knowledge he’s betting on parity regarding the two systems. Very good news as it seems another possible insider telling the consoles are very close in power.

What I want to know now is ssd speed and regarding PS5 memory configuration. I believe RT will be equal AMD solution but I see some conflicting information so...

VFXVeteran

Banned
I see so because Xbox games weren't considered the best looking game by console peasants they get a free pass, whoever because some Sony fans felt the need to be rather pleased with how some first party games looked, rightly so, you feel the need to jump in and poo poo their ideas.

Ideas are welcome. These aren't ideas though. These are claims based off of subjective opinion. When they run against the line of non-reality, then I have problems with it because of the actual factual information.

Saying a game like H:ZD looks better than any PC game ever at 4k Max settings can be either a subjective opinion or it can come off as objective. I welcome subjective opinions. Everyone has one. But when you try to imply that a 1.8TFLOPS console has better tech behind it than a multiplatform game on a PC that simply won't run on a PS with the same fidelity, I have issues with that. Why should I "let them have their glory" when what they are saying is completely unfounded and lacks understanding of how these techniques work?

So you aren't an Xbox fan boy, you are just a troll that cannot let the console peasants have their hour of glory and if anyone actually raved about an Xbox game you'd do the same, unless of course it's Forza which I'm pretty sure you've said looks better than drive club.

Why are you personally insulting me? What's up with that?

I just looked for evidence of this but turns out your account and posts have been removed from b3d so this will have to stand by my memory which may or may not be faulty.

I'm not banned from any site other than ERA. And that's because you have Sony mods that are sensitive. Can't help that and don't care.

Since you are playing internet cop, I just thought I would tell you that before ERA, GAF also had Sony mod police. And I got banned from here for speaking just the way you are describing. I'm not saying that my comments were all professional and I could see how I could come off as snide towards fanboism. But certainly not disrespectful that would warrant the ban.

I'm back on GAF now, and verified my credentials with a more pragmatic staff. I hope it stays that way. And I promised to always have a professional tone on the boards. I contribute a LOT to these threads. My main goal is to educate where I can, learn what I can, and have a good time. I also want everyone to treat everyone with respect. That means avoiding name calling or playing internet cop to try and demean me and my comments.

If you don't like me for whatever reason, you can always put me on ignore. But I wouldn't start the personal attacks. I'm on good terms with the staff and they respect me as a professional.

ethomaz

Banned
Obviously not.
Unified ram is cheaper to implement not better... two big pools of memory dedicated to CPU and GPU will be way faster for performance.
It is the same case for APUs it is cheaper but not better than dedicated CPU + dedicated GPU.

BTW you still needs to allocate memory separated and it needs to ask the owner for changes in that allocated space... only reads is allowed directly in a hUMA system.

Last edited:
He was verified years ago before my time here, and nothing has changed in that regard that I am aware of.

Now with that said, verification doesn’t always mean what information anyone has is gospel. They are still treated as rumor and speculation, especially if their information comes from other sources and not directly with “hands on” themselves.

I have not been around since last evening due to the New Year, so I am catching up on everything myself.

Now, do you want to walk it back on your bias led spat you seem to be going off on, especially trying to elude that I’m a hypocrite?

I will say this, there is someone on here who I refuse to verify, mutually, to protect their very privy source to both machines. He has been posting, but in a way of “their guess/prediction” and not as an “insider” mantle, but I won’t say who it is. We will all find out official specs when they are both announced, and see how close this person was.
Thanks for all the work man . Can you tell if that person said if they are close or not ? Within 1Tf of eachother i mean.cheers

DJ12

Why are you personally insulting me? What's up with that?
Just interpreting what I responded to. Seems pretty accurate based on the past, but...

I'm not banned from any site other than ERA. And that's because you have Sony mods that are sensitive. Can't help that and don't care.

Since you are playing internet cop, I just thought I would tell you that before ERA, GAF also had Sony mod police. And I got banned from here for speaking just the way you are describing. I'm not saying that my comments were all professional and I could see how I could come off as snide towards fanboism. But certainly not disrespectful that would warrant the ban.

I'm back on GAF now, and verified my credentials with a more pragmatic staff. I hope it stays that way. And I promised to always have a professional tone on the boards. I contribute a LOT to these threads. My main goal is to educate where I can, learn what I can, and have a good time. I also want everyone to treat everyone with respect. That means avoiding name calling or playing internet cop to try and demean me and my comments.

If you don't like me for whatever reason, you can always put me on ignore. But I wouldn't start the personal attacks. I'm on good terms with the staff and they respect me as a professional.
Fair enough if you've changed maybe I shouldn't hold your previous efforts against you.

I only looked back on b3d as I couldn't remember what specifically you said, but sure enough you aren't there and neither are your posts unless you changed your username?

I am not invested and I don't feel the need to of ignore anyone.

I don't think anyone misunderstood your 1080/ti comment as you state Xbox is the ti and PS3 1080. But if that's not what you intended to say then fair enough let's move on.

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
Can you explain to me then why:

Another game developer (on this very forum) said the unified memory isn't really "unified" since the memory pool is still separate? He even went on to say that you can't directly access GPU allocated memory addresses from CPU addresses and their would still be latency.

FYI - why do I get the impression that every time you reply to a comment I make it comes off as a reprimand for possibly saying misinformation but yet, you never "agree" with any of the statements I say that is true? I know you are a developer and know your hardware very well but I don't see any rebuttals on your end with some of the misinformation that a lot of these gamers here are making (and there is a lot). Why is that?

There is always a latency.
It diesn't change the fact that the addressing is unified.
If you can directly get a GPU pointer from CPU it's a direct access.
I try to reduce the disinformation, and unfortunately it's hard to do when authority is involved. That's why people with authority IMHO should be very careful on how they say things.
I'm not attacking you. Just the things you say.

vivftp

Michael pachter today on his latest stream thinks ps5 is around 1000$ based on spec he has seen lol . Keep in mind whatever he says is usually oppositte of truth . Ps5 8tf confirmed ? Lol 😭

For better clarity on this, back at E3 he said the PS5 sounds like a $800 box based on the specs he's heard:

Recently he commented that based on the specs he heard the PS5 sounds like a $1000 box:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom