• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFXVeteran

Banned
with how much they are avoiding talk of the gpu and how powerful their hardware is, im starting to believe in these 8-9 tflops rumors. ms just went out there and showed a super powerful console and sony is here acting like ms did last gen. no talk about how powerful they are.

say hello to your 8 tflops console boys. lol

They didn't even mention the RT when he talked about each of the points on the screen. He skipped right over it.

I'm skeptical of both next-gen consoles now. I'm believing Jensen when he said that the current GTX graphics cards are more powerful than next-gen consoles. It leans more towards my sources saying 1080 to 1080Ti performance. Oh well..

Is it serious that anyone expected a surprise revelation from ps5 without any fanfare or provocation? Come on, it's Sony's flagship product.

It's easily their most important consumer electronic product, the Walkman and Trinitron of the modern era. I was hoping for a bit more PS5 stuff tbh. Not hard specs, but maybe at least a controller reveal or showing a GT demo on one of their new 8K televisions.

quest

Not Banned from OT
They didn't even mention the RT when he talked about each of the points on the screen. He skipped right over it.

I'm skeptical of both next-gen consoles now. I'm believing Jensen when he said that the current GTX graphics cards are more powerful than next-gen consoles. It leans more towards my sources saying 1080 to 1080Ti performance. Oh well..

He said the shitty mobile version. That guy is full of it.

Next gen Rx 5700 xt + / - 10%.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This user has been removed from thread. Take a few days off, and keep the juvenile console wars out of this thread.
Righttt thts what it is lol 🤦‍♂️Microsoft told us everything lol
ms gave you a console, a trailer and all but took his dick out and flashed it in cerny's face while he proclaimed he had the most powerful console.

sony took a month to wash the taste of dick in their mouth and were only able to come up with a logo.

i am seeing a lot of parallels from last gen. sony beat ms to punch and ms struggled to respond for three months and then blew it with the tv tv tv half baked conference with no games. time for sony to fuck up.

Don't scare me like this and crush my dreams please :pie_grinning_sweat:

ms gave you a console, a trailer and all but took his dick out and flashed it in cerny's face while he proclaimed he had the most powerful console.

sony took a month to wash the taste of dick in their mouth and were only able to come up with a logo.

i am seeing a lot of parallels from last gen. sony beat ms to punch and ms struggled to respond for three months and then blew it with the tv tv tv half baked conference with no games. time for sony to fuck up.

He didn't say the most powerful console, said the most powerful Xbox.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

This is so dumb. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is Sony's and MS' CES, not E3.

Last edited:

The analogy made me laugh but the point you bring up is interesting. We'll have to see how things play out though; I try being an optimist but even I was expecting a bit more from PS5 here even if it's "just" CES.

Annnnnnndddd..... that's all folks!

1339684632760-bugs_bunny_dancing_ii.gif

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

giphy.gif

V4skunk

Banned
with how much they are avoiding talk of the gpu and how powerful their hardware is, im starting to believe in these 8-9 tflops rumors. ms just went out there and showed a super powerful console and sony is here acting like ms did last gen. no talk about how powerful they are.

say hello to your 8 tflops console boys. lol
8-9 rdna tflops still equals around 10-11 GCN tflops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom