• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

That's a "by the gods" post, if I've ever seen one. This game is unmatched, visually!

I didn't notice that different license plates were available (as in types of plates). That STI license plate looks like it is from the US.

Close but not, we do have yellow license plates here in NY where we have our state in the middle and New York print on top..pretty similar though.

ShapeGSX

Jesus...

The fact that this game is open world and looks like this is where the buck stops.

I own a Nitrous Blue Focus RS, and I spent a bunch of time taking photos of it in the demo too. :) It's pretty remarkable how realistic it looks. It's a difficult paint color to get right.

Actually, I probably should have amped the color a bit more in the Forza photo. What was that about people saying that the game is too cartoony? Apparently real life is more cartoony.

Focus RS by shapegsx, on Flickr
Focus RS by shapegsx, on Flickr
Focus flowers by shapegsx, on Flickr

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
In those specific pics? Yes. The top 2 pics are the best. But I trust nothing being posted in this thread as TheLastWord set a precedence long ago of posting disingenuous screenshots and videos. What I do know is the best shots of FH4 verses the best shots of GTS isn't even a contest. FH4 smashes the competition.

Smashes the competition? lol smh boyyyy, fans do throw around hyperbolic bs.

ShapeGSX

But wait...there's more!

dydSMAX.gif

Last edited:
I noticed there is no auto save progress in the demo, launched it today and it kicked me back to initial start..but why.

Only option I guess is to leave X on standby .

Not really a detail in the game, but whoever shot the Esprit scenes was paying attention, considering they even set it up with the correct licence plate:
James-Bond-Lotus-Esprit-rear_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrWYeUU_H0zBKyvljOo6zlkYMapKPjdhyLnv9ax6_too.jpg

The demos are always like this. It's just a sampling, no progress will transfer over.

Gotcha, progress transfer is obvious no-no. I just wanted to keep my demo progress where I left off and continue..anyway no biggie, ultimate ed. around the corner.

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
Unlike many before here i was posting only gameplay pics. And no...its not ugliest area of the track. Majority of trees arround Brands Hatch are like that (reminds first rFactor). Its just that lighting during midday clearly shows poor assets. In your shot there are the same trees, just hidden in shade.
And its not like i compare worst moment in GTS with the best in PC2. The conditions are very similar (weather/TOD).
GTS has its moments. It was nice highs (thanks to lighting and shaders) and very poor lows. The quality of assets is not very good and i think it should be much better in game with everything static. The other game has real time time of day and weather changes, more cars on track, seasons, and much more advanced physics. Yet it still have better grass, textures or trees. And before you say that racing game isnt about trees...well in racing circuits most of the surroundings is foliage ;)

What are you talking about? GTS completely destroy PC2 in track details (and fidelity to the real one)... please stop yourself

02kvcsk.jpg

03q2dls.jpg

12h5dij.jpg

1314fxk.jpg

14xicq0.jpg

15zhi1t.jpg

16vpi6n.jpg

17gefi1.jpg

20x4itk.jpg

21asftj.jpg

22voifk.jpg

23xvfc3.jpg

240aim1.jpg

25cci59.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingen

Banned
Circuit with a rain probability of 0%.
You should do rituals of rain

You should be very able in "rituals of rain" after have played FM1 - FM2 - FM3 - FM4 - FM5 whitout a single raindrop :messenger_tears_of_joy:

now you need new rituals for rain tyres

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I'd suggest you to stop your absurd cherry picking battle against GT.... avoid another huge ownage while you're ahead...

both sides are cherry picking that's the point. if somebody is wanting a game to look better then they pick the best assests. I kinda guess that's what this thread is all about and why there is so many pages

Foxbat

Banned
both sides are cherry picking that's the point. if somebody is wanting a game to look better then they pick the best assests. I kinda guess that's what this thread is all about and why there is so many pages

Exactly! It's not hard to cherry pick certain things to make one look better than the other.

Sitting still, GTS looks really good compared to Forza 7, and exceptionally good compared to PC2. Once you start racing, and everything is in motion though... It all kinda falls apart in comparison. It's not bad by any stretch, and I'm not saying it's not good. It just falls short. The replays are on point though.

LostDonkey

I can only speak from a PC perspective with regards to Project Cars 2 as I dont have the game on PS4 but to my eyes it looks exceptionally better than GT Sport in gameplay.

Its hilarious that when something is posted that is better than the way GTS does it then its automatically cherry picking 😂

GTS isnt perfect. Far from it guys. It looks great for what it is and the platform its on though.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Exactly! It's not hard to cherry pick certain things to make one look better than the other.

Sitting still, GTS looks really good compared to Forza 7, and exceptionally good compared to PC2. Once you start racing, and everything is in motion though... It all kinda falls apart in comparison. It's not bad by any stretch, and I'm not saying it's not good. It just falls short. The replays are on point though.

there are a lot of images of forza that look better then GTs on here but again cherry picking on both sides. both are good looking games and use tricks to make visuals look better on each console, at the moment Forza Horizon 4 is the stand out game with what it does graphicly and on an open world game bit like other games it will have graphical low points and they will be here in a good while but its good we can compare such good looking games from all sides

Gingen

Banned

Cherry picking is looking for the 1% that looks ugly and ignore the 99% excellent....

if I post pictures from the 99% that looks gorgeous I'm not picking any cherry

12kfed9.jpg

13ahcbt.jpg

086iis7.png

09kcfoe.jpg

10tviua.png

11b4dwk.jpg

Stuart360

I own Project Cars 2 on PC and can max it out, it really isnt a great looking game imo, Forza 7 destroys it. In fact i swear Project Cars 1 looks better than 2, as weird as that sounds.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Cherry picking is looking for the 1% that looks ugly and ignore the 99% excellent....

if I post pictures from the 99% that looks gorgeous I'm not picking any cherry

12kfed9.jpg

13ahcbt.jpg

or cherry picking the best images to make a game look better than it is, it happens on both sides admit it and the games both look different in motion to how the pics are, also cherry picking in denyingwhen something else looks equaly as good in other places

Last edited:

Magik85

I'd suggest you to stop your absurd cherry picking battle against GT.... avoid another huge ownage while you're ahead...

Its true that Red Bull Ring in GTS is better looking than PC2. Not denying it. Like i said - GTS has its moments for sure.
But what i find funny is accusing me of cherry picking when most of my comparation shots are at least using similar settings (weather and time of day).
On the other hand you set sunset in GTS and bland day in PC2. Then deliberately pick a spot without grass to let us think that PC2 has just flat texture.
Thats what Im calling cherry picking.

Its really not that hard to at least make fair comparation .

240aim1.jpg

projectcars2_20180919auii7.png

25cci59.jpg

Good that you aint cherry picking bro ! :-*

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
Its true that Red Bull Ring in GTS is better looking than PC2. Not denying it. Like i said - GTS has its moments for sure.
But what i find funny is accusing me of cherry picking when most of my comparation shots are at least using similar settings (weather and time of day).
On the other hand you set sunset in GTS and bland day in PC2. Then deliberately pick a spot without grass to let us think that PC2 has just flat texture.
Thats what Im calling cherry picking.

Its really not that hard to at least make fair comparation .

240aim1.jpg

projectcars2_20180919auii7.png

25cci59.jpg

Good that you aint cherry picking bro ! :-*

The grass is the last problem, all the track looks extremely better in GTS.... Just above I've posted a lot of pictures to proof that, pictures that you totally ignored. Only a liar can deny that GTS is a better looking game by far

Anyway.... since you continue to deny the obvious I can continue showing how bad PC2 looks.... worse for you

008wdls.png

01fecx8.jpg

022ed2w.png

02b9bca0.png

04ddc12.png

05a2crd.jpg

And before you say that racing game isnt about trees...well in racing circuits most of the surroundings is foliage;)

LOL

LostDonkey

Im sure if its the real Ben Buja that is lurking on here he can show that Project Cars certainly doesnt look any worse than GTS.

Maybe on PS4. 😂

The PC version of Project Cars smashes GTS to bits. Go look at the community galleries.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50820-Project-CARS-2-Screenshots/page43

And this is a game that is running a far more sophisticated physics engine plus real time day/night/weather/season cycle.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Again, he compares it with the PS4 version while there is a much better looking version available (PC) and he use photomode for GTS where the game get enhanced in almost everyway(car model, shadows, resolution, texture filtering, track details, draw distance and reflections. Im not saying that all tracks look better in PC2 than GTS, but the tracks looks much better than his screenshots for PC2 and worse for GTS.

petrus91

Again, he compares it with the PS4 version while there is a much better looking version available (PC) and he use photomode for GTS where the game get enhanced in almost everyway(car model, shadows, resolution, texture filtering, track details, draw distance and reflections. Im not saying that all tracks look better in PC2 than GTS, but the tracks looks much better than his screenshots for PC2 and worse for GTS.
We should always be comparing the best version of each game.
If the best version of a game is found on a console, well...this thread it's not about console only games. Somebody here should deal with that.

Darkdeus

Yea PC2 looks nothing like that on the PC. The grass and tracks look significantly better.
Here's two gifs I made:

A few of my shots:

37134381762_85a38dd9ca_o.png

37676353211_aaf06534dd_o.jpg

37418010590_959df85d98_o.jpg

37676352741_2ed65f0741_o.jpg

37676352551_72d047996c_o.jpg

[/IMG]

36469736064_f636c326da_k.jpg

Last edited:

Magik85

The grass is the last problem, all the track looks extremely better in GTS.... Just above I've posted a lot of pictures to proof that, pictures that you totally ignored. Only a liar can deny that GTS is a better looking game by far

Anyway.... since you continue to deny the obvious I can continue showing how bad PC2 looks.... worse for you

LOL

Looks like you totally missed point of my post....
But hey, i can play it the same way. And what does it prove? ;)

granturismosport_20182kcyh.png

projectcars2_20180221pcdhn.png

granturismosport_20171cdwp.png

projectcars2_201712034jfow.png

Darkdeus

Here's some quick PC2 gameplay angle shots. These were taken with the game paused on the PC, not with the game's photomode. As you can see the grass and tracks look a lot better on PC than they do on the consoles where they do look pretty bad at times.

42994908270_70d2cc92a4_k.jpg

42994907030_6112081ede_k.jpg

42994909090_09c5856b5e_k.jpg

43895912465_403e023e38_k.jpg

43895918925_7b47cd3144_k.jpg

43895916345_29ca9afbff_k.jpg

42994905320_52795f75ac_k.jpg

TBiddy

Comparing photomode shots vs. gameplay shots. Even for you that's low. This might sound petty, but it's not really meant to be. I think all of us would have a lot more respect for you, if you just said "Yeah, PC2 looks great. Even better than GTS in some aspects." instead of throwing out hilariously bad comparisons like that.

Gingen

Banned
Looks like you totally missed point of my post....
But hey, i can play it the same way. And what does it prove? ;)

granturismosport_20182kcyh.png

projectcars2_20180221pcdhn.png

granturismosport_20171cdwp.png

projectcars2_201712034jfow.png

All your pics are from the same area of the same track at the same time of day (on a standard PS4).... you absolutely need new charry picking tricks

Comparing photomode shots vs. gameplay shots. Even for you that's low. This might sound petty, but it's not really meant to be. I think all of us would have a lot more respect for you, if you just said "Yeah, PC2 looks great. Even better than GTS in some aspects." instead of throwing out hilariously bad comparisons like that.

I've realized that the only way to acquire respect here is to become a GT hater...
Oh, and my pics are from photomode in both games

Gingen

Banned
Here's some quick PC2 gameplay angle shots. These were taken with the game paused on the PC, not with the game's photomode. As you can see the grass and tracks look a lot better on PC than they do on the consoles where they do look pretty bad at times.

42994908270_70d2cc92a4_k.jpg

42994907030_6112081ede_k.jpg

42994909090_09c5856b5e_k.jpg

43895912465_403e023e38_k.jpg

43895918925_7b47cd3144_k.jpg

43895916345_29ca9afbff_k.jpg

42994905320_52795f75ac_k.jpg

At least try to replicate my PC2 pics of Red bull ring or willow springs on pc... posting pics from totally different places have no sense

Darkdeus

At least try to replicate my PC2 pics of Red bull ring or willow springs on pc... posting pics from totally different places have no sense

The point is that both PC2 and GTS have their own strengths and weaknesses but both are good looking games. PC2 has fully dynamic night and weather which results in a huge variety of conditions. This is overall a good thing but some conditions look better than others and it's more demanding than a static system. GTS on the other hand has the advantage of it's prebaked lighting “Iris” Ray Tracing System which looks really amazing but it obviously limits any dynamic weather/day night transitions.

GTS has also less tracks but as you've shown more track detail at times that reflects the real tracks but from I've heard the road surface on can be very inaccurate for the non laser scanned versions. I'm not sure how many tracks overall are actually laser scanned in GTS. Assetto Corsa and Iracing have all laser scanned tracks for example but less tracks overall compared to PC2 which has some laser scanned tracks but has way more tracks overall. Again the point is every racing game has it's pros and cons but many users on here go out of their way to not have a friendly nuanced discussion of differences and instead resort to blatant fanboyism.

I also don't really see the point of posting shots that highlight the worst aspects of each game. FH4 looks amazing but I'm sure I could easily point the camera at a bad texture or sparse area and post a shot of it.

Although I don't think these kind of comparisons are that useful here's some quick pics from the PC2 redbull track. It definitely lacks some track detail compared to the GTS but doesn't look as bad so those crappy console shots you posted.

PC2:

29876150807_b05a416db2_k.jpg

44812855031_ea29635178_k.jpg

44812853701_1ebdb240c9_k.jpg

A few ring shots too:

29869413837_f5930d8554_k.jpg

43895915385_cba5aeac76_k.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom