• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

carsar

GTS taa cn't save you from aliasing
2qo5a9e.jpg

jSEG4vw.jpg

ylBUWLd.jpg

Gingen

Banned
You are really delusional, zoomin in 500x to show aliasing, really? You are just showing pixels, you are the same troll as D86. I exposed all of you frauds with proof and facts but all you do is troll. Forza iq shits on anyhting on PS4, PS4 Pro and even on the upcoming PS5, you know why? because its on pc and there are no limits, i can go 8K 8xMSAA and on console you will be limited. Forza runs on pc, this is a game comparison thread. If you can't face it that and all your trolly friends here stop wasting peoples time and go cry in some system warior thread where they compare console's only. You guys are pathetic, you are making fools out your selfs. Even if you go 400mph in GTS the iq will never surpass the iq on FH4, so keep posting shitty blurry images of GTS to hide some of the alliasing. You have seen MY FH4 pics from my pc but funny enough all of you ducked it because you can't post nothing that come's close to that. So you trolls start derailing the thread again, with that stupid shit.

Finally the admission!

That's exactly the reason because comparing consoles to PC is pure no sense. On PC resolution, IQ, anti aliasing, etc. do not depend on the skill of the developer but only on the price of the computer that the user own.

Then if you look at FH4 or FM7 on a closed hardware with the same power of a standard PS4 these are the results:

FH4
013njdi.png

FM7
02euk7v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally the admission!

That's exactly the reason because comparing consoles to PC is pure no sense. On PC resolution, IQ, anti aliasing, etc. do not depend on the skill of the developer but only on the price of the computer that the user own.

Why don't you just start putting up pictures from Forza on the original xbox? Let's get all those "unfair" forza shots running on powerful hardware so we can all see how crappy the game really is.

FukuDaruma

I have opposite experience)
fAhXtsy.jpg

ij3TaJt.jpg

These are jpg and not from Forza Horizon 4, right? which system, PC?

...handed to you by your own captures, pal. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Your "top of the class" AA on the left:

z5YoTai.png

zoomin in 500x to show aliasing, really? You are just showing pixels, you are the same troll as D86. I exposed all of you frauds with proof and facts but all you do is troll.
It's a 3x zoom, but keep your puerile hyperboles, insults and tantrums coming. Im showing "pixels" :pie_thinking:, as opposed to... a text description? :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I'm showing how Forza Horizon 4's MSAA doesn't antialias trees, but GTS does, which was the exact point being discussed.

Forza iq shits on anyhting on PS4, PS4 Pro and even on the upcoming PS5, you know why? because its on pc and there are no limits, i can go 8K 8xMSAA and on console you will be limited. Forza runs on pc, this is a game comparison thread.

So... let me get this straight... "this is a game comparision thread"... but "Forza iq shits on anyhting" because... "its on pc"... :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_clapping::messenger_clapping::messenger_clapping: Bravo!

So, again, for "a game comparision thread", Forza's fanboys conclusion: "$2000+ PC bruteforces mostly better settings than $300 and $500 consoles" 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
When another user posted a pic from Forza 7 with little to no aliasing I just asked if it was PC because it is the only place where you can get a good AA solution with Brute Force.

In both Xbox One and Xbox One X the AA used in Forza 7 is way worst compared with GTS... and that shows in all the pics already posted with full aliasing in cars, environment's objects, etc.

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

When another user posted a pic from Forza 7 with little to no aliasing I just asked if it was PC because it is the only place where you can get a good AA solution with Brute Force.

In both Xbox One and Xbox One X the AA used in Forza 7 is way worst compared with GTS... and that shows in all the pics already posted with full aliasing in cars, environment's objects, etc.

Exactly, they try to switch from a game comparision to a hardware comparision, and then compare $2000+ hardware to $300 and $500 hardware... which makes a lot of sense. When you lack honest arguments.

z5YoTai.png

It's a 3x zoom, but keep your puerile hyperboles, insults and tantrums coming. Im showing "pixels" :pie_thinking:, as opposed to... a text description? :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I'm showing how Forza Horizon 4's MSAA doesn't antialias trees, but GTS does, which was the exact point being discussed.

So... let me get this straight... "this is a game comparision thread"... but "Forza iq shits on anyhting" because... "its on pc"... :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_clapping::messenger_clapping::messenger_clapping: Bravo!

So, again, for "a game comparision thread", Forza's fanboys conclusion: "$2000+ PC bruteforces mostly better settings than $300 and $500 consoles" 🤷‍♂️

Tranquilo amigo gringo, tranquilo/silencioso..everything will be ok, I promise you 🤜🤛🤭

Stuart360

30 or 40 years from now, when you are all old and sat in your comfy chair, your little grandson is going to slowly approach you. In his hand you will see something familiar, something that reminds you of your youth......a laptop. Your Grandson will then lift up the screen, place the laptop on your aging lap, and say the words 'Grandad read it........READ IT!'.
You will then find this thread, read what some of you have done, and your responce, in front of your dissapointed Grandson, will be this -

1.jpg

sad-old-man-crying_ekkr1xe4e__M0008.jpg

z5YoTai.png
This is what your whole argument has boiled down to? Really?

For GT there's aliasing all over the car, blocky aliasing all over the track, all over the signs, barriers and the landscape but let's zoom into the furthest loaded in foliage on Forza so we can to find real fault.

You also assumed I wouldn't figure out what you did here, and I did very quickly. Did you actually assume I wouldn't match up these images and look at their distance and zoom ratios?

Why for Forza is the image a 300% zoom at a focal point 4x the distance? Why for GT Sport is the image only a 200% zoom at a focal point 4x closer to the camera?

reg.png

48986467697_72a9b4ef45_o.png

48985710743_120ab4edb3_o.png

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

let's zoom into the furthest loaded in foliage on Forza so we can to find real fault.

More like: Let's zoom into the trees you kept in the background trying to hide that MSAA doesn't do anything to them"

BOTH zooms were 3x, I put the GT Sport part that most resembled the FH4 trees, AA is the same for all tree edges, independent of their shape or distance. Here, have it your way with the more dense part on the background:

rORCN3i.png

Is this clear enough for you already?

This is what your whole argument has boiled down to? Really?

My argument has boiled down to "let's compare game's features and tech" instead of "let's compare $2000 PC's to $400 and $500 consoles". 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Finally the admission!

Then if you compare FH4 or FM7 on a closed hardware with the same power of a standard PS4 these are the results:

FH4
013njdi.png

FM7
02euk7v.jpg

z5YoTai.png

Again the same troll that only post compressed images from the base console and make a argument against pc. So in your trolly world Xbox One base is the best console because its 179$ here and it do 1080p60 in F7 and 1080p with 4xmsaa in FH4. PS4 cost 279 and the Pro cost 399 so they are not valid, don't put them in the comparison because they are both 100 and 230 $ more than the xbox so the xbox wins automaticly. They are more powerull don't put them here only base xbox and nintendo switch. Maybe you can compare with GT4 on PS2 sinds its really cheap now it cost like 30$ or something that better.
More like: Let's zoom into the trees you kept in the background trying to hide that MSAA doesn't do anything to them"

BOTH zooms were 3x, I put the GT Sport part that most resembled the FH4 trees, AA is the same for all tree edges, independent of their shape or distance. Here, have it your way with the most dense part on the background:

rORCN3i.png

My argument has boiled down to "let's compare game's features and tech" instead of "let's compare $2000 PC's to $400 and $500 consoles". 🤷‍♂️
Again cry a bit harder, pc will be always included in this thread. Its about the games not the hardware they run on wich you fanboys still don't understand. I can run Forza on 300$ notebook till 5000$ pc it doesn't matter, if the game looks like that in its best looking state, then thats the version whe compare here not the bullshit low base console version as you troll do. Even on console the xbox has the better image quality, you can't beat native 4k 4xMSAA with 1800pCB. You still ducked the pictures i posted that you troll cried about with your moving car bullshit to make it look better.
GSfWeGe.jpg

CCTTDDD.jpg

BOTH zooms were 3x, I put the GT Sport part that most resembled the FH4 trees, AA is the same for all tree edges, independent of their shape or distance. Here, have it your way with the more dense part on the background:

rORCN3i.png

And at distance it's fair to say both look like shit and for completely different reasons, another problem is you're scaling up your zoom with resampling which is as it denotes producing hard edges which do not exist. It's pixelating the image by doing nearest neighbor scaling.

This is what they look like zoomed in 300% without any resampling.

48986297458_b09a267447_o.png

48986859116_8bb8aeafa4_o.png

There's not so much an aliasing issue in Forza as there a sprite breaking down at distance. GTS isn't disposed of this issue either and actually suffers from it as well at even closer distances on 2D sprites.

48987071112_6a57a95c28_o.png

We can dig into the distant details all day but the reality is there's substantially less aliasing in Forza overall, and especially the closer you get to the camera. They both have aliasing, but given Forza's resolution it's considerably less blocky, there's less stair-stepping, it's more finely gauged aliasing.

48986336223_b54c5c7d91_o.png

48986336248_b81eaa581e_o.png

The reality on both though is in gameplay a lot of this crap goes totally unnoticed as the pixels all align with your screen, screen size really does matter and it's just stuff you mostly don't see. What you however do see is the resolution difference, the muddier environments, lesser texture quality, worse environmental detail etc.

Last edited:
While the GT haters continue to produce cherry picking images of GTS from the worst angles of the worst tracks in the worst TOD, etc. tomorrow on GTSport for free

You can't cherry pick GTS, because it doesn't look good from any angle, at any ToD, on any track. It's a rough looking game, and the only way to make it look good is with photomode bullshit.

Oh wow you've gotten a track that's been in Forza since day one, along with about 12 other real world circuits completely omitted from GTS.

*slow clap*

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
GTS looks absolutely gorgeous and has better AA than Forza 7.
I'm not sure what are you trying to create lol

BTW tracks go to both sides... where is these real circuits:

Interlagos
Lago Maggiore
Autopolis
Goodwood Motor
Fuji Speedway
Red Bull Ring
Tokyo Expressway
Tsukuba Circuit
Colorado Springs
Fisherman's Ranch
Willow Springs
Sardegna

Outch 12 other real world circuits completely omitted from Forza 7.

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
Oh wow you've gotten a track that's been in Forza since day one, along with about 12 other real world circuits completely omitted from GTS.

*slow clap*

Oh yes, the "wonderful" SPA in FM7 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

c9811713-15c4-4791-b2pnjjh.jpg

You can't cherry pick GTS, because it doesn't look good from any angle, at any ToD, on any track. It's a rough looking game, and the only way to make it look good is with photomode bullshit.

michael-scott-closes-ivkob.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Interlagos
Lago Maggiore
Autopolis
Goodwood Motor
Fuji Speedway
Red Bull Ring
Tokyo Expressway
Tsukuba Circuit
Colorado Springs
Fisherman's Ranch
Willow Springs
Sardegna

Maggiore, Colorado Springs, Tokyo Expressway, Fisherman's Ranch, and Sardenga are fictional.

Interlagos
Lago Maggiore (Not a real track, but it's a real location)
Autopolis
Goodwood Motor
Fuji Speedway
Red Bull Ring
Tokyo Expressway (Not a real track, but it's a real location)
Tsukuba Circuit
Colorado Springs (Not a real track, but it's a real location)
Fisherman's Ranch (Not a real track, but it's a real location)
Willow Springs
Sardegna (Not a real track, but it's a real location)

5 of that 12 are real world locations but not real tracks, and Forza has about 15 additional real tracks on top of that which GT does not have. It was a valiant effort though.

ethomaz

Banned
They are 100% not.
They are except one ;)

Original (fictional) tracks in GTS:

Kyoto Driving Park
Sardegna (Sardegna - Windmills is real thought)
Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Autodrome Lago Maggiore (my only mistake)
Circuit de Sainte-Croix
Dragon Trail
Special Stage Route X
Northern Isle Speedway
Broad Bean Raceway
Alsace - Village

All others tracks exists in real life... you can travel and find them if you wish.

Last edited:
They are except one ;)

Kyoto Driving Park
Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Circuit de Sainte-Croix
Dragon Trail
Special Stage Route X
Northern Isle Speedway
Broad Bean Raceway
Alsace - Village
Dude, no. They're not real, like this isn't even a point of contention. Those tracks do not exist on planet Earth. I'm not even debating this with you, you're 100% wrong.

ethomaz

Banned
Dude, no. They're not real, like this isn't even a point of contention. Those tracks do not exist on planet Earth. I'm not even debating this with you, you're 100% wrong.
All the others tracks in GTS except these that I listed exists in real life... you can go there if you wish.

ethomaz

Banned
What is wrong with you? The locations in which these fake tracks exist are real places, the tracks themselves are not.

What do you not understand about this?

x9xNCxG.png

1fAzJ8k.png

DBRNgcx.png

u2gApCq.png

QsSvz0j.png
They exists in real life... the track exists and PD digitized it.
Fictional is when you create your own track without use any real life layout.

These 4 tracks have real-life layout and can be drive by anybody (well the Colorado Springs circuit is abandoned since 1975 I guess but you can go there).

The Tokyo exists too...

The Sardegna is there in Italy too... and the Desert circuit is there too.

All the others I listed are fictional... btw some fictional tracks are better than the real tracks.

Last edited:
They exists in real life... the track exists and PD digitized it.
Fictional is when you create your own track without use any real life layout.

These 4 tracks have real-life layout and can be drive by anybody (well the Colorado Springs circuit is abandoned since 1975 I guess but you can go there).

The Tokyo exists too...

The Sardegna is there in Italy too... and the Desert circuit is there too.
startrek-picard-facepalm.jpg

I'm about 2 seconds away from reporting you for shit posting.
What is wrong with you? The locations in which these fake tracks exist are real places, the tracks themselves are not.

What do you not understand about this?
The Tokyo Expressway is not a race track kid, it's a damn freeway. Is it a real world location? Yes, is it a race track of any kind? No.

The other tracks just don't exist period, they're not roads, there's nothing there, they're just fictional tracks which are made to appear from real life locations.

ethomaz

Banned
startrek-picard-facepalm.jpg

I'm about 2 seconds away from reporting you for shit posting.
The Tokyo Expressway is not a race track kid, it's a damn freeway. Is it a real world location? Yes, is it a race track of any kind? No.

The other tracks just don't exist period, they're not roads, there's nothing there, they're just fictional tracks which are made to appear from real life locations.
They exists there lol
You can go there and see for yourself dude... they are not created from PD minds like the others lol
You can report what you want...

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I'm at my wits end with you, you can't discern fantasy from reality.
Say the guy the see more aliasing on GTS than Forza 7 :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If you don't try to spread bullshit in the thread I didn't even had commented lol
But while you do that I will show your real colors ;)

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

Your image scaled by 2000%

BNAFbA5.png

Shits unplayable.

peym0Zy.jpg

The point being FH4 MSAA doesn't perform antialias on trees, in case your reading comprehension failed you. :messenger_winking:

And at distance it's fair to say both look like shit and for completely different reasons, another problem is you're scaling up your zoom with resampling which is as it denotes producing hard edges which do not exist. It's pixelating the image by doing nearest neighbor scaling.

This is what they look like zoomed in 300% without any resampling.

48986297458_b09a267447_o.png

48986859116_8bb8aeafa4_o.png

"producing hard edges which do not exist. It's pixelating the image" 🤦‍♂️
Christ almighty, do you even know what proper scaling is and how it works?

This is a proper zoom, where 1 pixel from the original still looks like 1 pixel (a fucking square dot).
Zf5estr.png

Instead of your blurred scaled up representation of one, which is not an exact representation of 1 pixel anymore (not a fucking square dot):
Hiw5lNq.png

Again, THE POINT BEING: FH4 MSAA doesn't do anything to smooth them out.

The reality on both though is in gameplay a lot of this crap goes totally unnoticed as the pixels all align with your screen, screen size really does matter and it's just stuff you mostly don't see. What you however do see is the resolution difference, the muddier environments, lesser texture quality, worse environmental detail etc.

Again, comparing the PC version, not the similar hardware console... "$2000+ hardware bruteforces mostly better settings than $300 and $500 hardware"

and you even had the balls of posting again the version of the GTS capture with TAA disabled. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Hurray for your honesty, mate.

Again cry a bit harder, pc will be always included in this thread. Its about the games not the hardware they run on wich you fanboys still don't understand. I can run Forza on 300$ notebook till 5000$ pc it doesn't matter, if the game looks like that in its best looking state, then thats the version whe compare here not the bullshit low base console version as you troll do. Even on console the xbox has the better image quality, you can't beat native 4k 4xMSAA with 1800pCB.

Keep spiralling down that childish tantrum. Say something about my mama next. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's "about the games not the hardware they run on"... said the "Forza iq shits on anyhting because its on pc" guy.

So, in your own words, it is just and exactly about the hardware they run on. 🤷‍♂️
One more time... "because it is on pc"... so, when it is not on PC (hardware) its IQ doesn't "shits on anyhting".

So in the end, there is nothing for you to discuss besides any feature you can bruteforce higher on a PC. Again, just the same

Forza's fanboys conclusion: "$2000+ PC bruteforces mostly better settings than $300 and $500 consoles"

What a shocker... 🤦‍♂️

You still ducked the pictures i posted that you troll cried about with your moving car bullshit to make it look better.
GSfWeGe.jpg

CCTTDDD.jpg

Your pathetic hunt for the worst possible examples (empty track, exact point with the worst aliasing bug in the whole game) of GT Sport still look better than Forza 7 on Xbox One X, which is the natural comparision of the game. But you can keep parroting about your $2000 PC being better at anything that can be bruteforced by hardware.

GTS looks great when you are not desperately setting it up to its worst to fit your narrative:
k3cADXC.jpg

it is jpeg and it is forza 7 with msaa x4 on PC.

Thought so. GTS TAA Isn't perfect, of course. Some elements look better/worse than others. But neither is Forza 7 on the more powerful Xbox One X.

They fail on different stuff. For example, GTS AA on the power lines is great, even with the TAA off, whereas in Forza 7's is one of its weakest points:

xoQgy3l.png

I don't know what sort of trickery PD used for these, as they are usually one of the worst cases for AA in any game, but it's not present for all cases:

98zHRql.png

Something similar happens with the fences. GTS top, F7 down:

UxGpvpT.jpg

We can see how motion blur in Forza 7 doesn't affect the fences too.

Which brings up another issue. GT Sport doesn't have motion blur during gameplay. Both Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 4 usually feature strong motion blur, which despite some errors like the mentioned with the fences, helps masking aliasing a lot, and increases the sense of speed.

And here is another close example of how Forza 7 AA doesn't work on them:

ZFHj81Z.png

But in some cases GTS can be as bad as Forza 7 too:
ojh11A6.png
U5StbTV.png

There are differences between Forza 7 AA and Forza Horizon 4 AA.

As you noted, Forza 7 has AA in trees but shows more problems with geometry, while FH4 is the opposite. I guess this has to do with Forza Horizon 4 trees and vegetation having a much higher polygon count and overall total count on the game.

If you prefer softer look, just use msaa+fxaa. I don't like fxaa, so msaa x4 is best for me, because I play at 100% scale.

Your examples are from PC, and again, like the case from DynamiteCop!, that scaling with blurring doesn't make any sense when the point is to analyze AA.
FXAA is the lowest class of AA, TAA is not.

Regarding Forza Horizon 4. Again, check out the Digital Foundry Xbox One X both Quality (30 fps) and Performance (60fps) comparisions at Eurogamer: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...zon-4s-xbox-one-x-60fps-mode-is-the-real-deal

This is Forza Horizon 4 on the more powerful (than PS4 Pro) Xbox One X at 60fps (Performance mode). Just crops from Eurogamer:

TVuFSJO.png
oDdQCi1.png

Last edited:
Say the guy the see more aliasing on GTS than Forza 7 :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You're trying to convince me that fake race tracks exist in the real world when they for a fact do not exist. You've lost the plot man. You've gone completely out of your mind on this one.

I'm fine with subjective arguments but when you try to pass off your pure delusion onto me for something which is inarguable I'm not going to tolerate it.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
peym0Zy.jpg

The point being FH4 MSAA doesn't perform antialias on trees, in case your reading comprehension failed you. :messenger_winking:

This is a proper zoom, where 1 pixel from the original still looks like 1 pixel (a fucking square dot).
Zf5estr.png

Instead of your blurred scaled up representation of one, which is not an exact representation of 1 pixel anymore (not a fucking square dot):
Hiw5lNq.png

Again, comparing the PC version, not the similar hardware console... "$2000+ hardware bruteforces mostly better settings than $300 and $500 hardware"

and you even had the balls of posting again the version of the GTS capture with TAA disabled. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Hurray for your honesty, mate.

Keep spiralling down that childish tantrum. Say something about my mama next. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's "about the games not the hardware they run on"... said the "Forza iq shits on anyhting because its on pc" guy.

So, in your own words, it is just and exactly about the hardware they run on. 🤷‍♂️
One more time... "because it is on pc"... so, when it is not on PC (hardware) its IQ doesn't "shits on anyhting".

So in the end, there is nothing for you to discuss besides any feature you can bruteforce higher on a PC. Again, just the same

Your pathetic hunt for the worst possible examples (empty track, exact point with the worst aliasing bug in the whole game) of GT Sport still look better than Forza 7 on Xbox One X, which is the natural comparision of the game. But you can keep parroting about your $2000 PC being better at anything that can be bruteforced by hardware.

GTS looks great when you are not desperately setting it up to its worst to fit your narrative:
k3cADXC.jpg

Thought so. GTS TAA Isn't perfect, of course. Some elements look better/worse than others. But neither is Forza 7 on the more powerful Xbox One X.

They fail on different stuff. For example, GTS AA on the power lines is great, even with the TAA off, whereas in Forza 7's is one of its weakest points:

xoQgy3l.png

I don't know what sort of trickery PD used for these, as they are usually one of the worst cases for AA in any game, but it's not present for all cases:

98zHRql.png

UxGpvpT.jpg

Which brings up another issue. GT Sport doesn't have motion blur during gameplay. Both Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 4 usually feature strong motion blur, which despite some errors like the mentioned with the fences, helps masking aliasing a lot, and increases the sense of speed.

ZFHj81Z.png

ojh11A6.png
U5StbTV.png

As you noted, Forza 7 has AA in trees but shows more problems with geometry, while FH4 is the opposite. I guess this has to do with Forza Horizon 4 trees and vegetation having a much higher polygon count and overall total count on the game.

Your examples are from PC, and again, like the case from DynamiteCop!, that scaling with blurring doesn't make any sense when the point is to analyze AA.

Regarding Forza Horizon 4. Again, check out the Digital Foundry Xbox One X both Quality (30 fps) and Performance (60fps) comparisions at Eurogamer: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...zon-4s-xbox-one-x-60fps-mode-is-the-real-deal

This is Forza Horizon 4 on the more powerful (than PS4 Pro) Xbox One X at 60fps (Performance mode). Just crops from Eurogamer:

TVuFSJO.png
oDdQCi1.png
So if its a bad example in Forza its general how it looks but in GTS its a worst case scenario or a bug lol. My shots are straight from gameplay like you troll asked there is nothing left for you, you wanted motion you got it, you wanted race mode you got it, you wanted 4K mode you got it and you wanted different lighting condition outside 12:00 you got it. So whats left for you, nothing! And if you are dumb enough to not understand that whe compared the games and not the hardware the games are running on like you fanboys cry for., wich funny enough you fanboys didn't bring in the conversation in the start of the thread when PS4 was stronger before the launch of Xbox One X and when Forza was not on pc. But im glad that atleast you blind fanboys accepted that Forza Horizon 4 on pc looks miles better than GTS and Driveclub wich is the fucking point of this comparison thread.

carsar

taa is even blurrier.
You can't just blend neighbour frames and hope it'll be good result.
Even more -taa, like chekerboard rendering, decreases motion resolution and makes game even blurrier at motion.

And my favourite myth "taa fixes specular aliasing".
Are you sure taa fixes it, not suppresses specular reflections?

Just watch

The bottles look like glass material without taa. Taa makes it plastic with more diffuse reflections. TAA makes all reflections more diffused and just can't represent all specter of materials.
Taa is a cancer of modern games. TAA breaks the concept of diversity of materials pbr supposes to deliver, because taa hides most crisp speculars. TAA breaks the concept of high resolution, because it makes blurrier even 4k.
TAA breaks the concept of high framerate or high motion clarity.

Last edited:
peym0Zy.jpg

Zf5estr.png

Hiw5lNq.png

k3cADXC.jpg

xoQgy3l.png

98zHRql.png

UxGpvpT.jpg

ZFHj81Z.png

ojh11A6.png
U5StbTV.png

TVuFSJO.png
oDdQCi1.png
Here's the deal, pixels do not exist in a rendering pipeline, intersecting lines of resolution do. Pixels they are the subject of the TV/monitor when displaying said render, not the render itself. When zooming in and using a nearest neighbor scaling method you are introducing pixelation to a captured image of a render that is abstract of it. It's creating hard edges that do not exist, the more you zoom in on a render the more it should blur, not pixelate. So your method of zooming is flawed from the onset.

We've done everything you people have requested of us and yet heavy aliasing is still present in GT Sport, does the TAA in motion resolve some of it? Yes, but to a massive degradation in total image quality. It's not even targeting aliasing on geometric lines, it just blurs the image while the underlying aliasing is still present and still in view. Like the other guy said all you people do is make excuses, the time of day matters not, the track matters not and we're not exploiting bugs (whatever the hell that's implying) to make GT Sport look worse than it does, we're presenting it exactly as it stands.

Do you see any of us crying about time of day or the track in Forza, or exploitation of some non-existent bugs? No, and why is that for us and not you? Because we have confidence in what we're presenting, we have confidence in the way the game looks, you don't. The fact that you guys go out of your way to question us using specific tracks or times of day speaks volumes. It tells me almost directly that the game has visual problems that you're insecure about.

We own the shit, all of it, we've got nice PC's, we've got both consoles, nice TV's and monitors, we know what in the hell we're looking at. If I'm telling you GT Sport looks worse it's because it does, not because I'm trying to prove a point, it's because I have perfect vision and a great television to back my assertions.

GT looks low resolution, it looks muddy, it looks low detail, it looks blurry because of TAA which acts as more of a filter than an effective method of AA, the aliasing it has is extremely blocky and large form. No one is denying Forza 7's aliasing, it's very much present as stated before but it's considerably less jarring because the stair-steps in its aliasing are much smaller.

taa is even blurrier.
You can't just blend neighbour frames and hope it'll be good result.
Even more -taa, like chekerboard rendering, decreases motion resolution and makes game even blurrier at motion.

And my favourite myth "taa fixes specular aliasing".
Are you sure taa fixes it, not suppresses specular reflections?

Just watch

The bottles look like glass material without taa. Taa makes it plastic with more diffuse reflections. TAA makes all reflections more diffused and just can't represent all specter of materials.
Taa is a cancer of modern games. TAA breaks the concept of diversity of materials pbr supposes to deliver, because taa hides most crisp speculars. TAA breaks the concept of high resolution, because it makes blurrier even 4k.
TAA breaks the concept of high framerate or high motion clarity.
This is exactly what happened with Resident Evil 2 remake on the Pro, same resolution, same settings as the Xbox One X with one difference. The Xbox uses TAA which softens the image, what does it also do? It removed all the specularity from the scene. On the PS4 Pro the water and blood shimmer almost as if there's a sheen of glitter to them, this doesn't happen on the One X.

View it in HD, you can see the shimmering all over the place with the absence of TAA. Many people view the X version as worse because of the TAA and how it overly softens the image and removes specularity. Same resolution, same settings otherwise.

Last edited:
They are except one ;)

Kyoto Driving Park
Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Circuit de Sainte-Croix
Dragon Trail
Special Stage Route X
Northern Isle Speedway
Broad Bean Raceway
Alsace - Village

All others tracks exists in real life... you can travel and find them if you wish.
The places they’re set in exist (obviously Tokyo and its expressway exist for example), but they aren’t tracks in real life. They aren’t raced on in real life, and they aren’t recognised as such.

If we’re counting those then we may as well count Forza’s fictional Prague and Rio circuits as they take place on real roads.

ethomaz

Banned
The places they’re set in exist (obviously Tokyo and its expressway exist for example), but they aren’t tracks in real life. They aren’t raced on in real life, and they aren’t recognised as such.

If we’re counting those then we may as well count Forza’s fictional Prague and Rio circuits as they take place on real roads.
If they have real life layout then yes it is real.

BTW about the tracks there is nothing not allowing to race them.
I remember some years ago here in Sao Paulo they blocked access to part of Marginal Pinheiros and Tiete to have a race on Sunday.

You can do the same Tokyo Express way and Rio roads like you said.

But the premises is the layout should exists in real life... if the Rio track layout doesn't exists in real life then it is fictional even being in Rio location.

Edit - Formula Indy 300 uses the Sao Paulo roads to create a race.

Instead to use Interlagos they choose to make a layout circuit using the roads inside Sao Paulo... GTS did the same with Tokyo for example.

Colorado Springs - Lake is an abandoned circuit used in 1970... these are not fantasy circuits because they have real life layout... not just location.

Fantasy circuits are created by PD... instead these 4 I listed aready existed and PD just digitalized them... somebody else created the layout... for example the guys behind the city of Tokyo that created the Tokyo Expressway.... not PD.

Now for example Dragon Tail is a original layout created by PD.

Last edited:
If they have real life layout then yes it is real.

BTW about the tracks there is nothing not allowing to race them.
I remember some years ago here in Sao Paulo they blocked access to part of Marginal Pinheiros and Tiete to have a race on Sunday.

You can do the same Tokyo Express way and Rio roads like you said.

But the premises is the layout should exists in real life... if the Rio track layout doesn't exists in real life then it is fictional even being in Rio location.
I've never seen so much straw grasping in my life.

I won't allow your lies anymore in the thread...
They're not real race tracks homeboy and no amount of irrational want will ever turn them into race tracks. Hell, 4 of them just straight up don't exist, they're just fantasy tracks created from nothing and they say they're from a specific location.

This remind me of the Seattle track in Gran Turismo 3, Seattle exists, many of those roads exist, a race track downtown sure as hell does not and did not. Just because they choose a real world location to build a fantasy track in their video game doesn't make it a real racetrack.

Top Bottom