• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's not even close.....overall composure and graphics …...GTS slays.....
More like slayed.

Forza 7 easily wins that triple comparison. Much better graphics, shadows from trees and anything else sticking up, reflections and colours, especially in cockpit view.

Corsa and GTS look almost the same.

This is a real dashboard. No red.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
That MotogamesTV video in 5 minutes have destroyed days and days of hard cherry picking work by the GT haters.... What a shame :(

raccolta-delle-ciliegmyke7.jpg
Any video you post with the games side by side, "the way you play" destroys any illusion they try to establish with pics...…..Tbh, it's not only the last 5 days, it's from the inception of this thread, in motion when everything comes together in GT or DC, you notice all the extra ATD features, the better shadows, the better reflections, how more realistic the cars look, the vastly superior lit environments, how noon, dusk, dawn, night are all so realistically depicted, all the effects; dust plumes, gravel, heat haze all comes together in motion......So yes, they could slave away and render Forza 7 at 8k downsampled, where they try to show you great IQ in a pic, but in motion that goes out the door, when GTS is seen on a screen with HDR or even without, it's over......Who knows, some of these Forza screens may be running at 15fps just to get the best IQ shots, it's PC you don't know, yet it's one of the reasons they are stuck on pics...….Yet whatever it is, whether Forza is running at 4k maxed out settings at 60fps or 8k downsampled at 15fps, in motion GTS is simply superior....

There was a time GT fans left this thread, because we felt we had proven over and over how GT was superior in graphics, all the tech media outlets had concurred.....DF, SUPER GT, MOTOGAMES, Tonnes of Shirrako vids, same for DC.....So we gave this thread a break because lets face it, every tech channel worth its salt had shown this, any youtube video you loaded showed this, so why argue.......So some of the Forza guys kept posting 4k shots, photomode shots and trying to show GT out with the worse JPG shots they could muster, so they felt they were actually winning this argument the last few weeks...……..Thing is, GT fans are back here only because GTS keeps on adding new tracks, new cars, new features, improving the game even now, so long after release too, so we are still playing and decided to post some screens or videos of said tracks and features...….Yet the old age argument of graphics have not changed, Forza 7 did not receive a graphical upgrade during that time to now, so GTS still maintains pole position there...…..

Any video you post with the games side by side, "the way you play" destroys any illusion they try to establish with pics...…..Tbh, it's not only the last 5 days, it's from the inception of this thread, in motion when everything comes together in GT or DC, you notice all the extra ATD features, the better shadows, the better reflections, how more realistic the cars look, the vastly superior lit environments, how noon, dusk, dawn, night are all so realistically depicted, all the effects; dust plumes, gravel, heat haze all comes together in motion......So yes, they could slave away and render Forza 7 at 8k downsampled, where they try to show you great IQ in a pic, but in motion that goes out the door, when GTS is seen on a screen with HDR or even without, it's over......Who knows, some of these Forza screens may be running at 15fps just to get the best IQ shots, it's PC you don't know, yet it's one of the reasons they are stuck on pics...….Yet whatever it is, whether Forza is running at 4k maxed out settings at 60fps or 8k downsampled at 15fps, in motion GTS is simply superior....

There was a time GT fans left this thread, because we felt we had proven over and over how GT was superior in graphics, all the tech media outlets had concurred.....DF, SUPER GT, MOTOGAMES, Tonnes of Shirrako vids, same for DC.....So we gave this thread a break because lets face it, every tech channel worth its salt had shown this, any youtube video you loaded showed this, so why argue.......So some of the Forza guys kept posting 4k shots, photomode shots and trying to show GT out with the worse JPG shots they could muster, so they felt they were actually winning this argument the last few weeks...……..Thing is, GT fans are back here only because GTS keeps on adding new tracks, new cars, new features, improving the game even now, so long after release too, so we are still playing and decided to post some screens or videos of said tracks and features...….Yet the old age argument of graphics have not changed, Forza 7 did not receive a graphical upgrade during that time to now, so GTS still maintains pole position there...…..
Wall of pure self-indulgent delusion.

Three

This is a real dashboard. No red.

Waiting for one of the Forza fanatics to come and school you on this. Who am I kidding, they won't .

Look at the actual car dash not the fake youtube video dash they created from logged data which some forza fans are fooled by.

The video posted earlier (look at actual car dash) :

Notice scaling of the numbers? Notice the red numbers? Notice the blue shift lights? All present in GTS.

Waiting for one of the Forza fanatics to come and school you on this. Who am I kidding, they won't .

Look at the actual car dash not the fake youtube video dash they created from logged data which some forza fans are fooled by.

The video posted earlier (look at actual car dash) :

Notice scaling of the numbers? Notice the red numbers? Notice the blue shift lights? All present in GTS.
What about it? It's black when decelerating and red when accelerating. It's configurable, are you guys slow?

Three

Hard to tell in GTS on PS4 Pro since it's not native 4k/60fps like Forza 7 on Xbox One X.
Riiiiight.
What about it? It's black when decelerating and red when accelerating. It's configurable, are you guys slow?
What's configurable? Go on, I'm ready for a good laugh.

Some forza fan posted that video thinking that the YouTube overlay is the the actual dash. Like I said forza fans have got to defend forza at all costs. Never admit something isn't right. If it is shown shift the conversation to some other nonsense.

Last edited:
Riiiiight.

What's configurable? Go on, I'm ready for a good laugh.

Some forza fan posted that video thinking that the YouTube overlay is the the actual dash. Like I said forza fans have got to defend forza at all costs. Never admit something isn't right. If it is shift the conversation to some other nonsense.
You can configure the dash...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Riiiiight.
You guys are talking about stuff like Driveclub 1080p/30 and GTS at 1080p "quality mode" or checkboard GTS at 1800p on Pro, and really want to compare against crisp native 4k/60fps of Forza 7?

And one of you earlier (I forget if it was you or someone else), doesn't want to include Forza 7 on a good PC rig? Why not?

LOL

Three

Are you talking about the game or the car now, I mean the real car the dash can be configured, also it changes based upon what mode you have selected.
I want to know what you think is configurable on the dash of the real car and why Forza decided to hack their dash to turn these things off. (Hint some things missing are not configurable and others that are are based on drive mode which Forza would be wrong on)
You guys are talking about stuff like Driveclub 1080p/30 and GTS at 1080p "quality mode" or checkboard GTS at 1800p on Pro, and really want to compare against crisp native 4k/60fps of Forza 7?

And one of you earlier (I forget if it was you or someone else), doesn't want to include Forza 7 on a good PC rig? Why not?

LOL

Like I said shift the conversation to some other bullshit wherever possible. What does this have to do with the dash again exactly?

I want to know what you think is configurable on the dash of the real car and why Forza decided to hack their dash to turn these things off. (Hint some things missing are not configurable and others that are are based on drive mode which Forza would be wrong on)

Like I said shift the conversation to some other bullshit wherever possible. What does this have to do with the dash again exactly?
You can configure most of the side information in the two smaller panels, disable the shift indicator and lock the gear indicator into a specific color.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Same to you too.

I post about how Forza looks better in that triple game comparison, including a note about dash colours, and out of my whole post you debate the dash font.

Watch that video again comparing Corsa, Forza and GT. GTS looks the worse of them all. I'd put Corsa even better looking in that video. And no doubt Forza looks the best. Aside from a handful of third person view lighting effects, GTS is flat in lighting, shadows, reflections, even basic stuff like the road which is a flat boring shade of grey.

And in that video, it's not even comparing resolution where Forza is native 4k/60 since it's a cramped YT video.

Last edited:

Three

You can configure most of the side information in the two smaller panels, disable the shift indicator and lock the gear indicator into a specific color.
No you can't, the shift indicators turn on in Corsa mode.
The numbers remain black in Strada and Sport if you don't shift yourself. You see an A on the end of the list of gears in that case. The scale up animation cannot be turned off at all.

Same to you too.

I post about how Forza looks better in that triple game comparison, including a note about dash colours, and out of my whole post you debate the dash font.

Watch that video again comparing Corsa, Forza and GT. GTS looks the worse of them all. I'd put Corsa even better looking in that video. And no doubt Forza looks the best. Aside from a handful of third person view lighting effects, GTS is flat in lighting, shadows, reflections, even basic stuff like the road which is a flat boring shade of grey.

And in that video, it's not even comparing resolution where Forza is native 4k/60 since it's a cramped YT video.
I replied to you about the 'real dash' not having red numbers. You're trying to take it to some other bullshit though.

ethomaz

Banned
I think the fact that certain posters dont want PC versions being shown, shows that this is not a racing game war to them, but a console war.
Have fun.
Nobody said you can't post PC pics... you can.
But you can't try to fool people with PC comparing with GTS saying it is X lol

Forza 7 has the hardware advantage already with the strongest gaming console in the world but fall below GTS in graphic terms... like I said anybody that watch/play both side by side will say GTS look better.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No you can't, the shift indicators turn on in Corsa mode.
The numbers remain black in Strada and Sport if you don't shift yourself. You see an A on the end of the list of gears in that case. The scale up animation cannot be turned off at all.

I replied to you about the 'real dash' not having red numbers. You're trying to take it to some other bullshit though.
Clap clap clap Three.

Congrats. You can win the red/blue shift number font colour! lol

I'll take native 4k/60 fps, better lighting, shadows, reflections, and hell even something basic like skid marks on the road like in Corsa and Forza in those videos.

And in these comparisons, nobody is even talking about the PC version of Forza, which will be even better with maxed out sliders.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think the fact that certain posters dont want PC versions being shown, shows that this is not a racing game war to them, but a console war.
Have fun.
Of course some people don't want the PC version included. That would make the Sony games drop another spot. Going by that triple game comparison above, it would make GTS drop to 4th, at that glorious 1080p - 1800p res.

Forza PC > Forza X > Corsa > GTS

Last edited:

Stuart360

Nobody said you can't post PC pics... you can.
But you can't try to fool people with PC comparing with GTS saying it is X lol

Forza 7 has the hardware advantage already with the strongest gaming console in the world but fall below GTS in graphic terms... like I said anybody that watch/play both side by side will say GTS look better.
I dont agree at all. The lighting is better, no doubt about it, but that comparison video above shows what i meant the other day. Forza just has much more trackside detail. Cranes, crowds, cars and caravans, more bushes and grass etc. GTS just looks empty to me.
But again, the lighting on GTS is the best.

Three

Clap clap clap Three.

Congrats. You can win the red/blue shift number font colour! lol

I'll take native 4k/60 fps, better lighting, shadows, reflections, and hell even something basic like skid marks on the road like in Corsa and Forza in those videos.

And in these comparisons, nobody is even talking about the PC version of Forza, which will be even better with maxed out sliders.
This was about correcting you without you getting butthurt about it but thanks anyway. Maybe all the Forza fans who would call that 'schooling' or something, post some laugh emojis or *dead* gifs and like eachothers incorrect posts got you a little on edge.

Also wouldn't agree in the slightest with the bolded but if you say so.

They've also been nothing but PC verion for some time now with those images. People are talking more PC than XBX.
I dont agree at all. The lighting is better, no doubt about it, but that comparison video above shows what i meant the other day. Forza just has much more trackside detail. Cranes, crowds, cars and caravans, more bushes and grass etc. GTS just looks empty to me.

In GTS if you go to Time trail the crowd, camera cranes, and cars/caravans don't show up to see your laps. They do show on actual races though.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This was about correcting you without you getting butthurt about it but thanks anyway. Maybe all the Forza fans who would call that 'schooling' or something, post some laugh emojis or *dead* gifs and like eachothers incorrect posts got you a little on edge.

Also wouldn't agree in the slightest with the bolded but if you say so.

They've also been nothing but PC verion for some time now with those images. People are talking more PC than XBX.

In GTS if you go to Time trail the crowd, camera cranes, and cars/caravans don't show up to see your laps. They do show on actual races though.
Watch the video again.

Do it twice. Corsa vs. GTS, then Forza vs. GTS. Or do it once if you got three eyes.

GTS is the worst.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Because the video used GTS time trial ;)

GTS has more track details than Forza 7... the crowds is 3D and even move making it move in some predefined partners life like... same for caravans and cars.

GTS in the video already looks better of the 3... I will made a video with all track details in actual race tomorrow.

Last edited:

Three

Watch the video again.

Do it twice. Corsa vs. GTS, then Forza vs. GTS. Or do it once if you got three eyes.

GTS is the worst.
If you're referring to the lighting I questioned you on then hell no don't agree after playing all of them hundreds of times. Don't need to watch a video.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Got to laugh at console players when they trot out those Steam surveys, without realizing that millions of PC gamers have high refresh monitors, and play at lower resolutions so they can push as high framerates as possible.
If all monitors were 60hz, then it would mean something.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
And also Gts has better trees but also there's a lot of trees in the distance that look like clay models and constant shadow pop in, the crowds in the stands popping in give the illusion that they're doing the Mexican wave. It gets annoying having to turn the colour down on the tv as it just too colourful. I get a flash it the eye as i'm driving and i think whats that whats blinding me is the second coming of Jesus Christ morphing into the game, no i then realize it'a car giving some reflection that looks bigger than the car and the car is about 200m away. The lighting is way overrated, its good but not great

Last edited:

Three

And also Gts has better trees but also there's a lot of trees in the distance that look like clay models and constant shadow pop in, the crowds in the stands popping in give the illusion that they're doing the Mexican wave. It gets annoying having to turn the colour down on the tv as it just too colourful. I get a flash it the eye as i'm driving and i think whats that whats blinding me is the second coming of Jesus Christ morphing into the game, no i then realize it'a car giving some reflection that looks bigger than the car and the car is about 200m away. The lighting is way overrated, its good but not great
GTS has a saturation setting why would you need to turn the colour down on your TV? It even gets you to adjust it on first boot.
i1VbuYWWj59ifSH.jpg

Gingen

Banned
Same to you too.

LOL, and we have the champion of fanboysm

just read the comments under that video: the whole world agrees that GTS is the winner. You FM fanboys don't cheat anyone more with your tricks and lies

In time trial mode GTS simulate a desert track (as would happen in reality during a trial) and that video is from time trial mode. In race you can find full crowd and track details

GTS looks underwhelming in comparison to Forza.

In gameplay department Forza is a few tiers above GTS. 75 metascore

FM7 PC: 82 metascore
FM7 XBOX 86 metascore

OMG!! FM7 on standard xbox is better than FM7 on PC!!

you have to post only screenshot from standard xbox for the BEST VERSION of the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bodatan

Banned
GTS looks underwhelming in comparison to Forza.

In gameplay department Forza is a few tiers above GTS. 75 metascore😂🤣

Last edited:

LostDonkey

I was doing a career race last night around interlagos in the professional midship challenge racing series on GTS. The trees around that track look absolutely abysmal, flat, single colour splodges dotted around the perimeter of the track.

It was shockingly bad. Like no effort at all and the same tree just pasted around like clone stamps.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
GTS has a saturation setting why would you need to turn the colour down on your TV? It even gets you to adjust it on first boot.
i1VbuYWWj59ifSH.jpg
Because I play different tracks at different times and it's easier to change it on the tv than on possibly the worst user interface in gaming history. It feels like I'm racing on Mars when racing at dusk. Awful.

Connxtion

why is there no sense of speed whatsoever in GTS on that Vid
I was thinking the same thing.

It’s the silkiest looking 150MPH ride I have ever seen.

I thought GTS was meant to simulate the bumps and dips in road surfaces?

I do prefer the windshield in GTS to forza, the reflections always seem a bit in your face.

Last edited:
Mutha @#$%&!!! now they're talking about who's digital scales and dashboards looks better 😮🙈🙉

Yoooo!, mods need to deport this thread and driver with all of his hand holding buddies..shits getting ridiculous 🤭🙉🙈

I was thinking the same thing.

It’s the silkiest looking 150MPH ride I have ever seen.

I thought GTS was meant to simulate the bumps and dips in road surfaces?

I do prefer the windshield in GTS to forza, the reflections always seem a bit in your face.
Forza’s windshield reflections are “we’ve figured out how to make this look good so we’re gonna show you it as much as possible”, like Driveclub with its weather.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
The only reason the real life footage is shaking, is because the gopro is mounted on the car.

Your eyeballs don't jolt around like that.
It needs something cause it feels and looks like i'm going to the shop to get the Sunday newspaper. It's more like Hard Drivin the arcade game.

Top Bottom