• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

ethomaz

Banned
look at how the real life driver is fighting with the wheel compared to GTS, its far to smooth in GTS to be compared
I'm sure the guy driving is fighting the wheel too due the accurate force feedback but you can't see that so you will spin.

see there is no sense of speed or that the car is fighting to stay on the track, going at top speeds like that its an effort to keep the car on track unless in an F1 car
Sense of speed is the same as real life...

More stable the car = less sense of speed.

A Fiat 500 at 80mph will give you a sense of speed bigger than a BMW at 120mph.

Last edited:

Bodatan

Banned
Forza 7 = good sense of speed and visual feedback, better hands placement on the steering, great graphics.

GTS = no sense of speed, the car didn't feel the force and pressure at all, casual hands placement lmao, mediocre graphics.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I'm sure the guy driving is fighting the wheel too due the accurate force feedback but you can't see that so you will spin.

Sense of speed is the same as real life...

More stable the car = less sense of speed.
so you are saying the guy driving the car in GTS is using force feedback wheel and is fighting it but its not represented in the game like that?

ethomaz

Banned
so you are saying the guy driving the car in GTS is using force feedback wheel and is fighting it but its not represented in the game like that?
I'm saying the sense of speed in that video is identical do real life... so it is really accurate.
And yes the guy playing with wheel is receiving force feedback that makes it simulate a real life fighting with the wheel... something that Forza lack of accurate wheel force feedback didn't know what is.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I'm saying the sense of speed in that video is identical do real life... so it is really accurate.
And yes the guy playing with wheel is receiving force feedback that makes it simulate a real life fighting with the wheel... something that Forza lack of accurate wheel force feedback didn't know what is.
well your presuming what the guy is playing with on the playstation and why isn't it replicated in the game the fighting with the wheel is its life like?

Bodatan

Banned
And yes the guy playing with wheel is receiving force feedback that makes it simulate a real life fighting with the wheel... something that Forza lack of wheel force feedback didn't know what is.
Identical in term of what. The visual feedback is not even comparable. There is little to none sense of speed in GTS while Forza and the real life version have that kind of gforce of the motion feedback.

ethomaz

Banned
well your presuming what the guy is playing with on the playstation and why isn't it replicated in the game the fighting with the wheel is its life like?
I'm not presuming... GTS only exists on PlayStation lol
Because the ingame wheel in GTS follow the input movements send by the wheel and not exactly what the real wheel is facing.

The setthings and equip the video's guy used.

I used the Nissan GT-R Nismo in GT Sport with the following Setup:
➡ No Tuning
➡ Tires- Soft Sports Tires
➡ Transmission - Manual
➡ Traction Control - Off
➡ ASM - Off
➡ Countersteering Assistance - Off
➡ ABS - Default
Driven with Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 + Elite Pedals.
WHEEL SETTINGS:
➡️ SEN: 72
➡️ FF: 100
➡️ SHO: 0
➡️ ABS: Off
➡️ LIN: Off
➡️ DER: Off
➡️ DRI: 0
➡️ FOR: 100
➡️ SPR: 100
➡️ DPR: 100
➡️ FEI: 0
IN GAME OPTIONS:
➡️ Sesitivity: 10
➡️ Max. Forcefeedback: 4

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Identical in term of what. The visual feedback is not even comparable. There is little to none sense of speed in GTS while Forza and the real life version have that kind of gforce of the motion feedback.
Identical... watch the video.
Same sense of speed in real life and GTS.
Forza looks faster than actual real life.

Last edited:

Bodatan

Banned
Identical... watch the video.
Same sense of speed in real life and GTS.
Forza looks faster than actual real life.
Already watched and not even comparable. GTS looks so fake with smooth visual feedback. It didn't capture the same feedback as Forza and real life.

The same reason of why GTS scored lower than Forza.

ethomaz

Banned
Already watched and not even comparable. GTS looks so fake with smooth visual feedback. It didn't capture the same feedback as Forza and real life.

The same reason of why GTS scored lower than Forza.
Another video...
Again same sense of speed.

The camera in real life has a bit of shake because the camera in GTS simulate the racer view so when you are in real life driving that car you don't see it shaking.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I'm not presuming... GTS only exists on PlayStation lol
Because the ingame wheel in GTS follow the input movements send by the wheel and not exactly what the real wheel is facing.

The setthings and equip the video's guy used.

I used the Nissan GT-R Nismo in GT Sport with the following Setup:
➡ No Tuning
➡ Tires- Soft Sports Tires
➡ Transmission - Manual
➡ Traction Control - Off
➡ ASM - Off
➡ Countersteering Assistance - Off
➡ ABS - Default
Driven with Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 + Elite Pedals.
WHEEL SETTINGS:
➡ SEN: 72
➡ FF: 100
➡ SHO: 0
➡ ABS: Off
➡ LIN: Off
➡ DER: Off
➡ DRI: 0
➡ FOR: 100
➡ SPR: 100
➡ DPR: 100
➡ FEI: 0
IN GAME OPTIONS:
➡ Sesitivity: 10
➡ Max. Forcefeedback: 4
So
Why isn’t the guy who is driving the GTS car fighting the wheel like the real life guy?
The real life guy is fighting the wheel as he goes around the corners, it’s how a car handles at high speed on a track. I know cos I have drove a few, in GTS it’s to smooth to be high speed and steering not fighting back at you like it does in real life.

Birdo

Banned
Forza 7 = good sense of speed and visual feedback, better hands placement on the steering, great graphics.

GTS = no sense of speed, the car didn't feel the force and pressure at all, casual hands placement lmao, mediocre graphics.

Yet GT is far more popular.

Interesting, huh?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Another video...

The camera in real life has a bit of shake because the camera in GTS simulate the racer view so when you are in real life driving that car you don't see it shaking.

Again you post a video where the wheel on the car in GTS is not fighting with the road, look at the real life wheel compared to it

ethomaz

Banned
So
Why isn’t the guy who is driving the GTS car fighting the wheel like the real life guy?
The real life guy is fighting the wheel as he goes around the corners, it’s how a car handles at high speed on a track. I know cos I have drove a few, in GTS it’s to smooth to be high speed and steering not fighting back at you like it does in real life.
The guy driving in GTS is fighting the wheel... do you even played GTS?

Again you post a video where the wheel on the car in GTS is not fighting with the road, look at the real life wheel compared to it
Again the sense of speed is similar... I don't know why are you guys moving the goal post.
About the wheel I explained: "because the ingame wheel in GTS follow the input movements send by the wheel and not exactly what the real wheel is facing."

Last edited:
Another video...

This is another video which is not helping you, the camera is shaking because it's a rough ride while on GTS it's just a smooth leisurely drive. There's almost zero feedback that a vehicle is even in motion, the lack of motion blur doesn't help either as it kills the sense of speed.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
This is another video which is not helping you, the camera is shaking because it's a rough ride while on GTS it's just a smooth leisurely drive. There's almost zero feedback that a vehicle is even in motion, the lack of motion blur doesn't help either as it kills the sense of speed.
The camera is shaking because cameras shakes lol
Your view shake driving at high speeds? No. GTS give you the driver view camera... so no shake.

The sense of speed is the same in both GTS and real life... you are fighting a video that shows that... I'm not saying it without proof.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Yes, have you ever traveled at high speed? The imperfections in the road and track reverberate through the vehicle.
Yes... my view maintain stable because our eyes follow the movement or shake of the car.

I will edit my post how many times I wish to edit to give mode details.

Last edited:

Bodatan

Banned
I think it's pointless to make him comprehend what is the motion and visual feedback that produce the sense of speed in the driver seat 😂

ethomaz

Banned
I think it's pointless to make him comprehend what is the motion and visual feedback that produce the sense of speed in the driver seat 😂
Maybe you should drive a car at high speeds first.

And you're not attached to that vehicle, even when in a 5 point harness you're still getting bounced around. It's not smooth, GTS is lacking visual feedback.
Go racer a car in right speeds... in preference the same car of the video and come back after.
No GoPro camera will give you the real life view of your eyes that GTS tries to simulate because the GoPro shakes with the car while your eyes follow the share giving you a smooth view.

Last edited:
Maybe you should drive a car at high speeds first.

Go racer a car in right speeds... in preference the same car of the video and come back after.
No GoPro camera will give you the real life view of your eyes that GTS tries to simulate because the GoPro shakes with the car while your eyes follow the share giving you a smooth view.
Jolt yourself in your chair where you sit repeatedly, up and down, side to side, up and down and side to side, your eyes may try to compensate but you still visually experience the jolt and especially with vibration clarity is lost.

What you're saying is the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

ethomaz

Banned
Jolt yourself in your chair where you sit repeatedly, up and down, side to side, up and down and side to side, your eyes may try to compensate but you still visually experience the jolt and especially with vibration clarity is lost.

No you refusing an actual real argument is the dumbest thing ever.
You defy science to biased spin arguments.

Last edited:
No you refusing an actual real argument is the dumbest thing ever.
You have no argument and I sure as shit know exactly what happens at extremely high speeds, you clearly do not.

45328229882_dba125de80_o.jpg

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
The guy driving in GTS is fighting the wheel... do you even played GTS?

Again the sense of speed is similar... I don't know why are you guys moving the goal post.
About the wheel I explained: "because the ingame wheel in GTS follow the input movements send by the wheel and not exactly what the real wheel is facing."
Compare the steering wheel on both videos, what are you not getting?
The GTS wheel just turns left and right round corners, in the real life video the driver has to correct oversteer/understeer dur to changes in grip or acceleration. The GTS where hardly changes direction at all other than steering smoothly round a corner

ethomaz

Banned
You have no argument and I sure as shit know exactly what happens at extremely high speeds, you clearly do not.

45328229882_dba125de80_o.jpg
Share of a motorcycle is way higher than a shake inside a car... there are wind direct to your head too while inside a car not.
What dumb example lol

Compare the steering wheel on both videos, what are you not getting?
The GTS wheel just turns left and right round corners, in the real life video the driver has to correct oversteer/understeer dur to changes in grip or acceleration. The GTS where hardly changes direction at all other than steering smoothly round a corner
The sense of speed continue to be similar between both.
The wheel I already explained "because the ingame wheel in GTS follow the input movements send by the wheel and not exactly what the real wheel is facing.".

Last edited:

Bodatan

Banned

He doesn't even know the fundamentals concept of physics ffs.

Share of a motorcycle is way higher than a shake inside a car... there are wind direct to your head too while inside a car not.
What dumb example lol
The shake is no different, the stiffness is near identical to a car which is setup for a track and it's already clear how ignorant you are as you tuck at high speed and all the air travels over the top of your helmet and down your back.

ethomaz

Banned
The shake is no different, the stiffness is near identical to a car which is setup for a track and it's already clear how ignorant you are as you tuck at high speed and all the air travels over the top of your helmet and down your back.
The shake of a motorcycle is way higher than inside a car.
It is not even comparable.
The sense of speed in a motorcycle at the same speed is way higher than inside a car (even inside a car the sense of speed changes if you the windows opened or different cars models because the stability of each one being different).

Last edited:
The shake of a motorcycle is way higher than inside a car.
You've never touched a motorcycle a day in your life, that much is clear. The shake and jolt you experience from road imperfections is nigh identical.

This is done, you are arguing simply for the sake of defending this game with its total lack of visual feedback and disregarding all reality.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
What dumb example lol

The sense of speed continue to be similar between both.
The wheel I already explained "because the ingame wheel in GTS follow the input movements send by the wheel and not exactly what the real wheel is facing.".
You were saying it’s exactly life like, the fact GTS is to smooth makes it not life like, real driving you fight the wheel going round corners, it’s not smooth at high speeds therefore GTS doesn’t look like it is going fast at any point.

ethomaz

Banned
You've never touched a motorcycle a day in your life, that much is clear. The shake and jolt you experience from road imperfections is nigh identical.

This is done, you are arguing simply for the sake of defending this game with its total lack of visual feedback and disregarding all reality.
Yeap not only I already drive motorcycles, I have one myself and my driving licences is AB (in Brasil... A=Motocycle, B=cars).

Bodatan

Banned
No way in the hell real life feedback would produce the same result as GTS lol 😅 too smooth and unrealistic. Law of physics will not let that happen unless you're driving in GTS or Etomaz's car 😂

ethomaz

Banned
You were saying it’s exactly life like, the fact GTS is to smooth makes it not life like, real driving you fight the wheel going round corners, it’s not smooth at high speeds therefore GTS doesn’t look like it is going fast at any point.
You are fighting the wheel like real life in the real life wheel... GTS simulates that.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
You are fighting the wheel like real life in the real life wheel... GTS simulates that.
It does not in any of the videos you have posted, there is no fighting the wheel at all like the comparison vid of real life you shown

I suggest you go back and rewatch what you are sharing and see

ethomaz

Banned
It does not in any of the videos you have posted, there is no fighting the wheel at all like the comparison vid of real life you shown

I suggest you go back and rewatch what you are sharing and see
C'mon.

The guy in the video is using a wheel in real life.... he drives from the real life wheel that receive force feedback signal from GTS.
Play GTS first to understand how you need to fight the wheel in real life... it is something you Forza fans won't understand playing Forza.

Last edited:
Top Bottom