• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get our DK related goodness today in Smash at the very least, BELIEVE.
An actual new game would be nice as well, they can't ignore all that Returns money surely?
Anyway I wont be around during the direct, assume that I collapsed from sheer hype if the trailer lives up to the absurd expectations.

On this note, time for some final trailer hopes, not limiting this to characters I expect, instead opting for my straight up wish list
- K.Rool or Dixie
- Ridley
- Palutena or Hades
- Little Mac
- Dillon
- Agent J (I've got a good feeling about this one!)
I could go further with like Primeape or something equally as unlikely but i'll stop here, hoping the reveal includes at least one of these characters.

I like the way you think, you crazy owl, you.

1 hour 15 minutes until reckoning.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can't wait to go "I GOT NOTHING RIGHT!"

Maybe I'll make a serious prediction and say the original cast will all be shown.

nns3d

ONE MORE HOUR

tumblr_m93a2s3xSr1qlbkes.gif

In just over an hour, once the Direct is done, this thread will be dead, and a beautiful new thread will rise from the ashes... with a name, and actual screens/footage of the game.

At long last.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One character I was certain would be in based on previous comments and another I thought was dead.

I'm bad at predicting HA HA.

Dynamic graphical style. Crazy.

Rayis

The game is so much more colourful than Brawl, I'm so happy (also the graphics of 3DS version are kinda meh imo) but GODDAMM I WANT THIS GAME IN MY PANTS

Kokonoe

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH MEGA MAN IS IN! MEGA MAN IS IN! YESSSSS YESSS!!!

THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO. I PRAISE TO THEE, MY KING, I FOLLOW YOU FROM HERE ON OUT FOR ALL OF ETERNITY.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Pokemon...

If by "Pokemon" you mean Pokemon Ranger and PokePark, then yes, Creatures Inc. made those games. And frankly, I have my doubts we'll see anything related to Pokemon Ranger or PokePark.

If by "Pokemon" you mean the actual Pokemon games, then no, those are made by GameFreak.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, I had Mega Man on my list...

I think Pit's shown using an item from Uprising during the trailer, looks like one of the claws.

Hylian7

If by "Pokemon" you mean Pokemon Ranger and PokePark, then yes, Creatures Inc. made those games. And frankly, I have my doubts we'll see anything related to Pokemon Ranger or PokePark.

If by "Pokemon" you mean the actual Pokemon games, then no, those are made by GameFreak.

Pretty sure they are still credited in the mainline games, even if they were not the developer.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
WII FIT TRAINER AHAHAHAHAHA!

I may as well edit my list now so my entry is null and void because my ideas will never match the genius of Sakurai.

I guessed Animal Crossing Dude & Megaman on IntelliHeath thread, so far so good.

And I'm pretty hyped by the fact that Nintendo is still surprising everyone with characters like Wii Fit Trainer, that's the kind of surprise I wanted even if I don't care about her.

Still better than Palutena and Ridley

RM8

Wii Fit Trainer. Once I saw her in action I kind of love the idea. I love WTF additions :p Sadly she's going to get TONS of hate once it's announced that some characters aren't returning (I really don't see Snake coming back).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel so bad for not even considering her even for one of my joke suggestions. I feel weak. My Nintendo knowledge is shameful.

RM8

Bowser is SO going to benefit from the extra speed, he has a very solid moveset that is sadly dragged down by his usual awful speed and lag.

SkyOdin

Yeah, I already didn't guess two of the new additions. I don't care though, since MEGA MAN IS IN SMASH BROS.! WOOOOOOOO!

Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are random, but might be fun. It definitely sets the mood that this pair of Smash Bros. games are going to be more lighthearted and crazy than previous entries.

Rayis

I like Wii Fit trainer cuz if Krystal and Geno don't make it in the game, the fans are prolly going to blame her inclusion as why they didn't make it into the game, nice way to troll them.

Wii Fit Trainer just proves that nobody can predict Sakurai's mind. He's a genius.

This is why Super Smash Bros > Playstation Battle Royale. You get these WTF characters that still are a part of Nintendo's history.

I love the inclusions so far. None of them were in my prediction list, and I'm okay with that. I wanted to be surprised, and surprised is what I am.

So, from what I've gathered--

Characters
Mario
-Seems to be more or less the same. Even still has FLUDD.
Donkey Kong
-New animation for grounded Up-B, but other than that seems the same.
Link
-Not Skyward Sword design like most predicted. Mostly based on TP with a couple of SS nods here or there. Didn't see any new moves or animations though.
Samus
-Other M design but modified to actually look halfway decent. Forward Smash seems to give off an explosion now. Zero Laser still in, no word on ZSS (but the way the trailer cuts off just as the Laser ends is kind of telling).
Kirby
-New Thwomp model for Stone.
Fox
-Seems to be more or less the same, design hasn't really changed at all even.
Pikachu
-Design is finally updated to be more in line with the modern art--thinner chest, poofier looking arms. Moves seem the same.
Bowser
-Big time revamp. Much faster, stands and runs differently, new attacks replacing old ones it seems.
-New drop kick looks like a new F-Smash, looks like a new Neutral Aerial as well. Fire Breathing reanimated.
Pit
-At least two new moves according to Sakurai--Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars. If I were to guess they are Side and Down B respectively.
-Looks like a new Up-B in the trailer, where he flies up diagonally with sound effects from Uprising.
-Otherwise it seems he's mostly intact, seems to use Palutena Bow for the most part for his normals.
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
-Hard to say much about them at the time as they're new, but the site and videos are good enough for now. All of them good choices.

----

Stages
-According to Sakurai these differ in the two versions unlike the character roster. I'll try to list them all as I saw them.

Wii U Version
Battlefield
-Generic, looks like it has a time changing effect like Brawl's.
Boxing Arena
-I think this is generic, not from a specific series. I could be wrong though.
Skyloft
-Looks a lot like Delfino Plaza--ride around on a floating platform that touches down at different spots on the map.
Wily's Fort
-Can't get a good look at the stage layout in any picture or video yet.
Smashville
-Different platform setup than Brawl but same general idea. Might move around the village as there are different sections of it in the background in different pictures.
Wii Fit
-Not much to go off yet but it is based on the area where the Wii Fit Trainer is in Wii Fit. Looks mostly flat.

3DS Version
Battlefield
-Looks similar to Wii U version, but the background is different.
Nintendogs
-You can apparently get under those blocks, so I don't know what to say here. Does this mean a Nintendog isn't an Assist Trophy anymore (if they're in it at all?)?
Ferox Arena
-At least, that's what I think it is. Looks like it from Fire Emblem Awakening. Hard to tell much about the layout, but based on what I can see it might change throughout the match.
Spirit Tracks Stage
-One picture shows that some birds sometimes carry floating platforms nearby. Toon Link makes an appearance, wonder what that says about him returning or not.
New Super Mario Bros./Mario 3D Land Stage
-There may be two stages here, it's hard to tell, but the video showed the spinning platforms with the crusher pillar things that really reminds me of 3D Land, and another picture shows a stage with Peach's Castle in the background that's really reminiscent of NSMB, but the games have similar aesthetics so it may be the same stage.
Gerudo Valley
-I think that's what the one with the tent and bridge is. Certainly looks like it from OOT3D.
?Donkey Kong Country Returns Stage?
-Hard to say about this one, this might not be a stage at all. It only appears very briefly in the trailer but it definitely resembles DKCR. But the way the camera moves and the way Mario moves about in it makes me think it might be part of an Adventure mode of some sort.

Rather funny that here we are, the game is revealed, and we'll all still likely be calling it the "Next Super Smash Bros." for lack of a quick and easy way to say the games' titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom