• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

I haven't been able to gauge the battery life on this phone yet because everyday it seems something is in the background keeping the phone awake. Google+, Phone, Android OS.... Come on Googy, if LG's coding monkeys are getting more out the battery than you then something is seriously up.

buhdeh

A while back I would have said the same thing, but I now find myself really enjoying the swipe feature of the 4.2 stock keyboard, so I haven't used SwiftKey since 4.1. SwiftKey Flow is coming, and will probably be awesome, but I'm expecting it to be a separate product from SwiftKey 3 or possibly a cheap upgrade for those of us who already own the latter. I don't think every copy of SK3 will be upgraded to Flow for free.

Yeah I have Swiftkey but I've been trying out the 4.2 keyboard for the past week and it's actually not bad. I just wish there was an adjustment for long-press delays like in Swiftkey. If they added that, I wouldn't really have much reason to go back.

DrFurbs

I dont understand google at all. I ordered 2 N4s on the 5th of December which was pending for a week, then it changed to Pre-ordered as of the 12th. Then this morning the phones are pre-ordered as of the 24th of December.

Im in the Uk.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Big day today:)

The gf is getting a Nexus 4 and the mother in law a Nexus 7. So excited to see how they interact with Android.

cube444

I dont understand google at all. I ordered 2 N4s on the 5th of December which was pending for a week, then it changed to Pre-ordered as of the 12th. Then this morning the phones are pre-ordered as of the 24th of December.

Im in the Uk.

I ordered one for a friend here in Canada on December 3rd. Still shows pre-ordered. :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Got the diztronic case. Pretty snazzy though i may get another an otter if they release them. Not sure if i need a screen protector. Just been leaving e default film on so far.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Gf got hers. OMG this thing is absolutely beautiful. After cutting her sim card and setting everything up I played with it.

The thing is gorgeous, smooth and feels great in your hands. An absolute delight.

Google Now is amazing.

The battery is awful but great as I turned off hogs so we'll see how that goes after the initial charge is done.

I want one.

Ok, I'm looking to try and find one from one of the local T-mobile stores, but I'm concerned that buying the phone flat out is going to be $500, instead of the $349 it should be. Do we have confirmation that the N4 is only $349 in the store, because it still shows as $500 on their website?

And these are unlocked right?

Corum

Has anyone bought a car charger for the Nexus 4 yet? Will the normal micro-usb car chargers be suitable? Also has anyone got car phone dock recommendations?

Has anyone bought a car charger for the Nexus 4 yet? Will the normal micro-usb car chargers be suitable? Also has anyone got car phone dock recommendations?

I used some generic USB car charger off ebay that my Mrs keeps in her car the past few days when travelling between family members houses, it works fine. Though you want to aim for at least a charger with 1000ma supply, otherwise you'll find it pretty slow.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Tomorrow might be the day. My day one order might finally be in my hands. I'm headed to the asshole German customs office to pick this sumbitch up.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
If you swipe away recent apps from the recent apps page, and then re-position from vertical to horizontal, or vice versa, the app you just swiped out is now back.

Okay, carry on.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
About damn time!

Tell me about it! Finally, it's in my hands. It feels so much smaller than my Note 1 but man, I am glad to be back on a Nexus. I'm sick of the choppy feeling AOSP ROM scene.

Am I the only one here to downgrade in screen size?

spadge

Tell me about it! Finally, it's in my hands. It feels so much smaller than my Note 1 but man, I am glad to be back on a Nexus. I'm sick of the choppy feeling AOSP ROM scene.

Am I the only one here to downgrade in screen size?

Mine's yet to arrive, But I'll be downsizing from a Note as well. How well are you coping with the smaller screen? I'm used to having my note set at about 240dpi, I have a feeling the Nexus 4's stock 320 is going to feel enormous.

I'm definitely going to have to switch over to an MVNO on AT&T's network.

T-Mo is just absolute dogshit outside of major cities. I visit my parents at least once a month and I can't deal with such shitty service when I go there.

Which sucks, because T-Mo's HSPA+ is blazing fast on this thing in Columbus.

Bboy AJ

Mine's yet to arrive, But I'll be downsizing from a Note as well. How well are you coping with the smaller screen? I'm used to having my note set at about 240dpi, I have a feeling the Nexus 4's stock 320 is going to feel enormous.

I never changed the DPI so I can't speak on that. But I'm glad to take a step down from the Note. It's massive and great but I never really had a need for that screen. I also had to grip it awkwardly. It's weird holding the N4. It fits perfectly in my hand. I can't stretch my thumb across the whole screen but the form of the phone itself feels nice.

I won't miss downgrading the screen size.

It's weird seeing the two together. The Note is just a beast. Great phone. Anyone want to buy it? :)

I never used stock. I immediately flashed CM10.1 and Franco kernel onto it. I need to swap out the CWM recovery for TWRP. Does changing recoveries delete my data?

edit: Nope, it does not delete my data. Good to go on TWRP.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Got mine and played around with it for a while :) Hi NexusGAF!

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Stock, not rooted, no kernal change.
VFoXp.png

bxTRq.png

reKon

Banned
Finally saw this in person today. Looks nicer than the galaxy nexus, but I didn't like how wide the screen was in comparison

Emwitus

I never changed the DPI so I can't speak on that. But I'm glad to take a step down from the Note. It's massive and great but I never really had a need for that screen. I also had to grip it awkwardly. It's weird holding the N4. It fits perfectly in my hand. I can't stretch my thumb across the whole screen but the form of the phone itself feels nice.

I won't miss downgrading the screen size.

It's weird seeing the two together. The Note is just a beast. Great phone. Anyone want to buy it? :)

I never used stock. I immediately flashed CM10.1 and Franco kernel onto it. I need to swap out the CWM recovery for TWRP. Does changing recoveries delete my data?

edit: Nope, it does not delete my data. Good to go on TWRP.

Inbox lol

Top Bottom