• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Stupid question but where do you turn this off?

I just left the gfs house (her Nexus 4) so I don't have access to it. I think it's either in Settings-Location
Maps-Settings
or Google Now-Settings

Hopefully a member with a phone at hand can help you.

DrFurbs

Hi guys - where do these phone ship from? I'm in the UK and got my dispatched email 2 days ago with a tracking number that doesn't appear to work.

Do these come from the US?

30 minutes when it first went on sale. Then another 30 minutes at the beginning of this month.

That's it.

:(

wow! I have one of those "notifying me when the nexus 4 is in stock" apps installed on my phone so hopefully I can get in the next batch. The whole thing sounds like a clusterfuck though.

Maxrunner

Ridiculous. I sold my Gnex for this, but they (Google or Lg) dont sell them directly. There were reports that LG was trying to sell nexus4 for ridiculous more to resellers. So they told LG to go take a hike. Why cant LG be like ASUS which sold the Nexus7 here in Portugal directly, for the same price as google did on the store....

exYle

Mine shipped today! Ordered on the 2nd. So excited. :) Hope it's hear by the 31st.

What? It's the 29th today, and it's a Saturday. There's no way you'd actually get your phone that quick, is there? Mine shipped yesterday and the Delivery Estimate is Jan 7th…

What? It's the 29th today, and it's a Saturday. There's no way you'd actually get your phone that quick, is there? Mine shipped yesterday and the Delivery Estimate is Jan 7th…

I'm not sure - some things I've seen say that they ship from Louisville and I live in Indianapolis, so the shipping time shouldn't take more than a day or two. My tracking number doesn't have any information yet, so I don't know what it's estimated at.

exYle

I'm not sure - some things I've seen say that they ship from Louisville and I live in Indianapolis, so the shipping time shouldn't take more than a day or two. My tracking number doesn't have any information yet, so I don't know what it's estimated at.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm a country away

Man I was banned for a month I wasn't following this thread but I can't believe some are still waiting for their phones who bought on launch. Damn shame.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man I was banned for a month I wasn't following this thread but I can't believe some are still waiting for their phones who bought on launch. Damn shame.

I didn't get it as soon as it was available, I got it on the 2nd wave iirc. However, as soon as I bought my (within the first 5 min), the shipping date changed to 7-8 weeks, so I was lucky to get mine within the 1-2 week period.

It'll come eventually for everyone, and they'll freakin love it!

NeoRausch

so ummmm...

how do I sort/arrange/delete screens on my main menu?

on my old phone I just had to hold the home-button for a few seconds. that doesn't really work here.

so ummmm...

how do I sort/arrange/delete screens on my main menu?

on my old phone I just had to hold the home-button for a few seconds. that doesn't really work here.
It doesn't. Stock can't do that.

Get apex launcher from play store it does that among a bunch of other things.

ah shit. now I remember. I had the ADW-launcher on that thing. thanks anyway.
I'm happy with the stock version so far... beside the arranging.
Yeah stock really is that bare bones. One thing that surprised me most was not being able to add a different lock screen wallpaper from your home screen wallpaper. That feature seems fairly basic to me. Still don't know how to do that without rooting which I don't want to do for just one feature.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This phone was worth the wait. I really like how it feels. The beveled glass is awesome. It's nice having a smooth phone again instead of a workaround AOSP ROM. And a phone I don't have to juggle in one hand like my Note. Pluses and minuses, but I am happy with this size again.

kitch9

Banned
So, this means stock on the N4 has a battery drain bug and Google should release a fix soon/eventually, right?

I've noticed my battery a bit better since I got it. Guess it took a few weeks to kind of wear the battery in but it still isn't great.

This fix will probably gain around 8-10% usable screen on time, maybe.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
What front/back screen/glass protector do you guys recommend? I know it's gorilla glass but my gf has a habit of destroying and scratching everything she owns.

Is the Zagg Invisible Shield worth the $25 price tag?

WoodWERD

What front/back screen/glass protector do you guys recommend? I know it's gorilla glass but my gf has a habit of destroying and scratching everything she owns.

My Steinhiel has held up well so far...only $13 for front and back. Ignore the clowns that hate on screen protectors.

Emily Chu

Banned
Is this ever coming to big red?

Might get it as a backup fuck around phone in addition to my glorious note II.

Since I just sold my gnex...

NeoRausch

I don't get Google Now.
I got everything activated and all but it shows me.... weather and my commute to work. ONCE, while visiting my sister, it showed me some nice photospots. that was about my while Google Now experience.
I thought out would be able to track my parcels automatically and all that magical mumbo jumbo.

Razdek

Banned
So what's the concenses on running stock android or putting a custom ROM on it? I want to run stock since I've been running a custom ROM on my current phone and just getting sick of the constant glitches and updating. Is the battery life that bad on stock?

Zolf

So what's the concenses on running stock android or putting a custom ROM on it? I want to run stock since I've been running a custom ROM on my current phone and just getting sick of the constant glitches and updating. Is the battery life that bad on stock?

The battery usage seems fine to me, there have been a few cases where it's drained a bit more than I had expected but it seems acceptable IMO. Although, I do have multiple micro USB chargers at home and at work so I'm usually within arms length of a charger, so I may not really be a normal user in that regard.

sca2511

Just protect the back with a film/protector since that isn't Gorilla Glass. Got a few hairline scratches on the back of mine, but none on the front.

rc213

The Zagg HD would be worth it but not the normal version, Too grippy. I tried the Xtreme Guard which is $4 for the set but the front is too grippy. Left the back is actually perfect. Ordered a bestskinsever set for $6 on sale. Everyone on xda says they are better.

Going naked for now with just the Xtreme Guard on the back and a cheapo front screen until the bestskinsever arrives. Gotten quite a few request to look at the phone, what phone it is. Might pick up the poetic bumper as they says it's slimmer than the Google bumper.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Franco kernel update just made my phone a beast. I had like 2 hours screen time with half the battery to go. Awesome.

I remember the unboxing videos for this phone and all the plastic wrapping around the phone. Mine had none of that. It was just front and back plastic. Is it just me?

I don't get Google Now.
I got everything activated and all but it shows me.... weather and my commute to work. ONCE, while visiting my sister, it showed me some nice photospots. that was about my while Google Now experience.
I thought out would be able to track my parcels automatically and all that magical mumbo jumbo.

Check your settings. Make sure stuff is enabled. Then give it a bit. It needs to learn stuff. Also, it can't track your packages unless the notification is sent to your gmail.

So, are the stock issues LGs problem or Google? I don't remember them having this problem with the last one?

There's plenty of blame to go around, but at this point the phone has enough issues that people who are still waiting for orders could be shopping around for another device instead of waiting forever and ever.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
The Zagg HD would be worth it but not the normal version, Too grippy. I tried the Xtreme Guard which is $4 for the set but the front is too grippy. Left the back is actually perfect. Ordered a bestskinsever set for $6 on sale. Everyone on xda says they are better.

Going naked for now with just the Xtreme Guard on the back and a cheapo front screen until the bestskinsever arrives. Gotten quite a few request to look at the phone, what phone it is. Might pick up the poetic bumper as they says it's slimmer than the Google bumper.

This is exactly what I'm doing except I'm using a slim case.

The Xtreme Guard, while it looked great was too grippy, enough so that I rather use these cheap ebay screen protectors for the time being. The back protector is perfect though, so i left that on.

NeoRausch

Check your settings. Make sure stuff is enabled. Then give it a bit. It needs to learn stuff. Also, it can't track your packages unless the notification is sent to your gmail.
I've had it all set up from the start. so I just googled it and. surprise, most of the features are only available in the US for now..
wth?

spadge

I've had it all set up from the start. so I just googled it and. surprise, most of the features are only available in the US for now..
wth?

If you're looking for package tracking, I use an app called Package Buddy which is great. Has tons of different courier services on it, and gives you notifications each time the tracking is updated.

maharg

idspispopd
So anyone using wireless charging? I haven't managed to grab a Qi pad yet to try it out. How's it working for anyone who has?

Top Bottom